Medals

"Uncle Benny" I shout running over to him jumping into his arms

"Uncle Benny" I shout running over to him jumping into his arms. "How's my favourite niece" he holds me in his arms as he begins to his truck. "I'm good Kayla taught me how to do cartwheels I seen Rinny she showed me New York have you been it's so cool" he smiles "what's your favourite park" "the monkeys" he laughs "oh and tigers" I add "is that because your mummy loves calling you her tiger and who calls you monkey again" "Tin and Uncle Eddie and Charlie sometimes Con Con does as well" "how many nicknames do you have" he asks opening the door placing me in the backseat of the truck. I put my seatbelt on as he gets in the front seat. "Uh let's see Tin calls me Monkey or Grace, Fly calls me Grace same as Exie uhh most people call me Soph unless they don't know me then it's Sophie, mummy and daddy call me their tiger girl shorted to tiger, Ace calls me ladybug Kayla is his buzzy bee, Rinny sometimes calls me Briar Rose, Jay calls me Aurora sleeping beauty she my favourite princess, daddy sometimes calls me Sleeping beauty, Jay also calls me your majesty, kev uh he calls me Soph, Con con when he not call me monkey he call me twinkle, Will call me speedy, Kelly he sometime call me monkey, Flash, tiger Lilly" he smiles at me through the mirror "I think that's all most of his firefighter friends call me Flash or TigerLilly to" he nods "Uncle Benny can I see the medals" "your mum told me you might ask so we are going to the firehouse" "I see Kelly" "yep he doesn't know" "Ohh I love surprises" I smile kicking my legs excited.

"Flash" Sylvie said Emily walking beside her "shh they don't know I'm a surprise" I immediately say making the two laugh "Benny" Boden said coming out shaking his hand "hey Soph" I wave "can I surprise them now" I ask "go for it" I take off running through the doors.

"Surprise" I shout as I enter the big main room. "God kiddo your going to give this old man a heart attack one day" "Andy" I jump on him hugging him tightly. I see him lots with aunt Trudy his funny. "Kelly" I shout running over to him. He laughs picking me up "what are you doing her out flash girl" Herman asks as Kelly put me on the counter "Uncle Benny brought me" I smile Kelly turns around glance at me before walking out to talk to his dad. "How you been Soph" Stella asked "I been good I visited Rinny in New York she showed me so many cool things yesterday Trudy show me the honour wall mummy always show me I love it do you have any medals they are all so cool to look at" I look around them room "I know Kelly has one" "I know mummy and uncle Benny told me you think he would show me" I ask hopefully "of course he will" I smile happily "uncle Herman can Kenny and I play sometime" "of course kiddo I know he would love that" "he should come to my house or Kayla's house mummy said aunt Cindy shouldn't have to deal with me and maybe Kayla as well" I nod "told you you had to may kids Herman" Mouch said from his position on the couch. "How's school Flash KJ keeps telling you have a new teacher" "yeah Kenny and I are now in the same class with miss Honey and Kayla is beside us Mr Smith left so they gave us all new classes" I told him. Kenny James Herman was a year older than me but despite this we aren't in the same year. His younger than Makayla. Makayla would be eight in a few months, Kenny James is Seven and Im turning six soon. Everyone always jokes that I'm the youngest but I'm definitely the leader. Daddy always jokes that it's the Voight in me making everyone laugh. Justin always told me the Voight name holds power but I didn't get it.

"Kelly uncle Benny and mummy told me you have medals can I see them" "it's at home right now so how bout you come to my home tomorrow" I nod smiling gleefully "I love to Miss everyone maybe I have to stop school it takes to much time I can't see anyone I miss everyone" I tell them "no we can't have that you need school" Herman said making me pout "but I have seen you or Con con or Tin or even fly I see no one now it makes me sad" I say tears building in my eyes "we than that just means we got to figure out how to make our princess happy doesn't it" Sylvie said making me very confused "we got to figure out a plan so you see everyone" "oh yeah I like that" I nod smiling.

I was now at uncle Bennys house. Mummy and daddy had to work late so he asked if I wanted to stay here or go to Tins. I decided here. "You must be very brave Uncle Benny" I tell him from my spot on the couch. He walks into the room with a spoon he was cooking pasta. He sees me staring at his medal. He smiles "they are so shiny I love them" he smiles nodding "I like looking at them uncle Benny mummy said daddy had to give his back before I was born but she has lots and Jay has some same with uncle Vin I haven't seen Jay or Uncle Vins yet neither have I see Kelly's but I'm excited" "you make sure they show you some people don't like showing off their medals" "why" I ask tilting my head "they don't like the attention see what they did as not medal worthy" I nod "Mummy said that about Jay that he may not tell me about them because he doesn't think he deserves them because his friends die" he hums "you make sure they show you and even if they don't tell you you make sure they know how proud you are and how pretty you think they are" I smile gleefully "they are so shiny and pretty I like that" he laughs "I don't think to many people would take them being pretty as a compliment" I shrug "they should" I tell him with confidence nodding causing him to nod.