A memory

Several years ago

Several years ago

"What" I said into the phone I had just finished a shift at the hospital. Henry had practically memorised my work schedule and always calls when I finish. "I'll be right there I love you" I said hanging up running to my car.

I pull up a block away from the chaos. I see a cop holding my son up. The cop recognised me instantly "Sargent" I wave him off my attention going straight to my now adult son. "One of these days your going to kill me" I mumble helping him in in my car. "So why did my husband call me and demand I come and pick him up what did he do" "he was driving hit another car firefighter are working on getting the father and son out now" I slowly nod "go tell my husband I got our son and to call me" I wave him off before sighing and getting in the driver seat. I take a moment to just look at my son wondering where I went wrong.

I sigh using my full body strength to lift up my now adult son. He hadn't been the same in the past seven years and ultimately it was destroying Henry and I. We were barely ok. "Come on" "i oh mum im sorry" Justin slurred his breath making slick as it felt like a liquor store. I hold him up as he stumbles stopping him from ultimately falling. "Let me help" Erin said running over "Hank called said you might need a hand" I roll my eyes at my husband but silently thank him.

We drop him on the couch. "Want help getting him upstairs" I look at Erin in disbelief "he chose to drink he can sleep on the couch also in what world do you think we can get him up there he just tried to jumper over the ground floor balcony" I said causing her chuckle. I walk around d putting my stuff down grabbing blankets. "What just because I'm not letting him upstairs doesn't mean I'm going to let him freeze" I snap shrugging coving Justin with it.

"He still alive down there" i ask Henry as he walks in putting his badge and gun away. "Yeah" he sighs "how bad" he just looks at me and I knew "a firefighter saw" I hum "he going to be a problem" "I don't know but if he is I'll take care of it" he assured me climbing into bed bedside me "Henry we can't keep protecting him he has to know the consequences of his action I didn't raise him to be like this" "I know" he strokes my hair line "I need you to promise me you won't loose yourself don't fight for him if it means hurting innocent people" I told me staring into his dark eyes as they take every inch of me In "I promise" he assured me before I lean up kissing him. Eventually falling asleep cuddled into him.

I wake up to Henry in the shower. I sigh putting my black fluffy robe over my pyjamas. I walk downstairs seeing Justin on the couch facing the back, the blacker right up to his chin. I walk into the kitchen beginning to cook Henry his usual breakfast coffee, eggs and toast.

"God mum can you be louder" Justin whined sitting up groaning rubbing his head "I could do you want a smoothie" I smirk asking before he can answer Henry walks in he pauses looking between me and Justin causing me to nod. "Get up and showered your coming to work with me" "what" Justin said "you can't be trusted and I'm not letting you ruin your Mother's Day off" Henry smirked he then hit the back of Justin head causing him to groan and burry his head in the pillow. "That's for being rude to your mother" he said walking over and kissing me. I move back putting a coffee and plate of food in front of him. "Thank you gorgeous" "ahh you guys are gross" Justin said getting up "go shower and come eat we leave in fifteen minutes" Henry said "I thought you were joking" Justin exclaimed "nope I'm not letting you ruining your Mother's Day" "come on can't I just stay here" "Justin you almost died last night you could have killed someone you might have we don't know yet shower go eat sober up go with your dad and I'll pick you up for lunch" "you guys know I'm an adult right" "an adult who might be going to jail if I can't fix this and you better hope I can cause it will break her heart if I can't" Henry said sternly in a voice full of authority. Justin just looks between us I don't think the gravity of the situation really hit him.

Henry walked behind me wrapping his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder. "You enjoy your day" he told me sighing before he spun me around so I could face him. "Just promise me you will be the Henry that I know" "you and I both know your the only one who's allowed to see that" I smirk rolling my eyes "well just don't be normal Hank to innocent people who don't deserve that" "I promise" I leans forward kissing me making me smile. It was perfect "you made me rush now your making out with mum" I roll my eyes "your so dramatic" I said "must get it from your mum" Henry said smirking as he walked past picking up his badge and gun, he picked up his keys jingling them.  "I get all my best qualities from mum" "yeah and all your worst from your father" I said smirking noticing Henry roll his eyes quietly laughing as Justin hugs me tightly "don't think I would drink and drive" I send Henry a glare as he sends me an innocent smile making me roll my eyes "you sure we can't have a nice breakfast" "stop trying to ruin her day" Henry said making me roll my eyes "you call me if he start to work you to hard" he smiles his charming smile that I adore so much and nods before following after Henry.