Slowly

"Mum" I hear someone shout the voice immediately brought a smile to my face

"Mum" I hear someone shout the voice immediately brought a smile to my face. "What are you doing here what about collage" "I sorted it plus did you really expect me to just not come when half our family is in the hospital" she told me I just hug her "I'm so glad your here Ellie bug" she smiles "I don't think I'll ever get over you calling me that...where's Soph how are they" she said not leaving my arms but looking up at me "Sophie is at school she will be excited to see you she's been asking about you. The school know and call if she is overly upset like she has been but understands that she wants to be there with her friends and all that...onto Henry his in the icu waiting until his body is healed a bit for another surgery his in a coma they both are I don't know if I told you that Henry has a million wires on his chest all measuring different things" I loop my arm with her both of us begin to walk towards the hospital to see the two. "Justin well he just got out of major surgery a week ago they are concerned with how slow his body is reacting to things and healing they are also concerned about him catching an illness because he may not come back from that" I felt her squeeze my arm "Olive is with him now Erin is upstairs I think" she mindlessly nods "what's going on with sophs birthday" "I don't know I uh we were going to give her a surprise party henry was going to take her to the district where she was Sargent all day told me he would even let her come into the field just you know she can't leave the car until they know it's safe and can only go to locations where there definitely won't be a shoot out...while she was there I was going to organise the entire room. She was also going to the fire station and spend half the day there so the unit can actually go into dangerous situations. Wallace and Kelly told me she could ride in any of the vehicles she wanted she has some obsession with fire she told me to keep it a secret but she currently wants to be a firefighter but she does say she wants to be a Sargent like daddy as well. Connor had the day off so him, my brother, Justin basically anyone who hasn't been recruited to distract Soph was helping. I was going to surprise her with Erin as well" "let me" "what" "we can't cancel her birthday she's been saying how the week is all hers and she has to do important special things with every person she loves everyday before the day since she was three" I laugh knowing that is definitely my bossy sassy child. "We just have to make it all the more special and significant that two of her favourite men aren't there especially cause they are the most important" I sigh "what do we do" "stick to the plan we will just have to try so hard to make it fun and special because she is stubborn" "gets it from Henry" I laugh although anyone could tell it wasn't as happy and full of life. "I work better in stress with things to do so leave the planning to me. I would ask if you want me to do everything but I know you" I kiss her head "you a good kid Ellie" "less kid now but thanks" "you'll always be a kid to me" she smiles as we walk into the room which Henry is in Erin immediately getting up to hug Ellie.

"You are the hardest person ever to find" I look up seeing Edward there in my doorway. I was leaning against the kitchen island making lists. I was writing everything relating to Sophie down, where she was going, who was watching her, where she would sleep if I stayed at the hospital everything. On another had all the birthdays gifts I could think of for her, incase I couldn't finish buying them so someone else could I would obviously give them the money. Food I have to buy to make sure there is food in the house. All the meetings I had to be at so I knew who to call to reschedule. "You found me" "what are these" "sophs schedule, her birthday gifts, the meetings I have booked and have to reschedule and a shopping list to make sure this place has food" I explain "you don't" "I know but this way you all know what to buy and all that" he nods "so I spoke to my lawyer there's new evidence I don't know from where or who but he said it's looking good" I smile nodding "that's fantastic" "it is except they are going to want to speak to you again" "should have guessed" I shrug "however if anything hinges on it you should probably tell them I'm currently unavailable due to my son and husband being in comas" I sighs which causes him to come over and hug me. He held me in a way he hasn't been able or just hasn't done it. Held me like he did when we were younger. He was always the one I went to, before our parents. He was always and probably always will be my rock. Besides Henry who is my biggest rock. "You will get through this if I can spend most of my adult life in prison you can get through this...I'll be there for you no matter what now just physically" he rubs my back just holding me. Through all the hugs I had this was by far the only where I felt the least bit content.