Complicated

My life seriously got complicated

My life seriously got complicated. It seemed to eased up for a period but then my dad found Olive. I have a brother. I honestly didn't know how to feel about it. I loved my brother don't get me wrong I do. It just felt so isolated like I was a million miles away from everyone I loved. I was still getting use to having a brother and a step mother. I would never think of her like that though. She would never be anything more than my fathers girlfriend or wife. The apartment wasn't big but we somehow made it work. Edward and Charlie live with us they had for a while basically as soon as grandma got it cleared with the courts that Edward could live with us, dad bring a felon and all made it a bit tricky. I haven't seen anyone consistently apart from Lexi. Charlie and I hang out a lot but we live together so does that really count.

I walk over to Lexi smiling. "Hi" I said before softly kissing her our hands instantly intertwining "hi" she said smiling happily. "What's going on" I ask looking around "I don't know" she said squeezing my hand clearly nervous. We had agreed to meet yesterday, we decided to start with lunch neither wanting to wake early. Around us it appeared to be a protest of some sort. I could tell Lexi was nervous. "Come on lets have a wonderful day" I tell her holding her hand dragging her away down the street.

Lexi laughs twirling around the dress spinning out like a fan. This wasn't my idea of what we were going to do today, it was more lunch and walking around not shopping. But she saw the dress and wanted to try it. I of course agreed I would do anything to see her happy and right now the massive smile on her face as she admires herself is all worth it. Even if I am bored out of my mind. "So what do you think" "it doesn't matter what I think if you like it" "of course it does your my boyfriend and I love you" she said with a pout "fine I think you look absolutely beautiful but I never want you to dress to impress me" "why are you always so kind about it and never give me a real opinion unless I force it out you" she asks as she turns going back into the changing rooms and pulling the curtain across. We were the only ones in here. "My mum she wanted to insure I knew that a women never has to dress for me that they have to dress for themselves before me" she hums "what was she like" "I would prefer to not talk about her with a curtain between us in a dressing room" I shrug truth was I didn't want to talk about her at all. Than again I hadn't spoken about my mother since the funeral. She opens the curtain causing me to jump, I didn't know I had been swept up in my mind until then. "I'm sorry I know you don't like shopping" "if you like it and are happy I don't mind it's not like we do it all the time either" I shrug as she slips her hand to mine "let me" I say paying for her dress with my card causing her to look at me.

We now had Starbucks cold drinks it's far to hot to have anything hot to drink and not feel like your dying inside. We were walking side by side "how did you lean to be so romantic most guys" "aren't as romantic aren't as cool to sit in a dressing room" she laughs "yeah" she nods "Silver told me think that's what made her fall for me" "but your heart wasn't in it by them and you told her which is something not a lot of people would do" she said "well I watched grandpa with grandma while we lived there after dads accident I have also seen my dad and Olive although I think grandpa and grandma taught me all that dad and Olive are weird" she laughs "Lillie and uncle Hank are definitely loved up they make me so jealous all the time kinda wish my mum and dad were that loved up and you can't help but smile when your around them it's like contagious" Lexi said smiling.

We had just been walking around the city talking. It what we liked nothing complicated, you would think by now we would run out of things to talk about but we keep finding new things. We were in our own world. I barely notice the blonde man walking across the street until he pulls out a gun shooting someone. Lexi jumps and screams people running in everywhere direction. I froze in shock momentarily. I could Lexi shaking. I sigh wrapping an arm around her pulling her to me. My mind was scrambling I didn't know what to do. I pull her against the brick wall after seeing the blonde hair following the crowd "what" she begins to say "shh trust me" I put my finger to her lips making nod. Tears dripping down her face. I wipe them away sighing. I pass her my phone "whatever happens stay behind me" she nods. We were still on the street just not out in the open. Something inside me told me not to leave, while the other part told me to get her to safety. I didn't know what to do.

"Flynn"a voice said making me look up I see a man coming towards us making me back up protecting Lexi wishing we had left. "hey hey I come in peace it's Detective Halstead...Jay" I look at him. I study him. "I work with your grandparents" he slowly walks over gesturing to a girl to stop, he has his hands up trying to show he won't hurt us. "Your aunt Erin was my partner" he said slowly that's when it clicked in my head. "Flynn" Lexi said clutching me "his ok I promise trust me remember" she nods "are you ok" Jay asks glancing between us I glance at Lexi "yeah" I said my voice shaky. Guess everything was finally getting to me. I no longer Lexis primary line of support. "Jay" "hey buddy long time no see" he said weakly smiling I use to see him a lot. I weakly smile tears in my eyes. "Hailey this is Flynn Voight and Lexi Olinsky" "guys this is" "Erin's replacement" I cut him off "yeah come on let's go find your grandparents and dad" he said cutting hailey off. I knew I should but I was reeling. He led us through the sea of cops holding the tape up for us. All the cops looking at us weirdly barely any knew us both those who did showed looks of confusion.

"Flynn Lexi" Grandma said the moment she had seen us running over holding us close. "Are you ok" She asks holding both of our faces looking both us over. I nod, Lexi hums as she nods. "Go find Al" Grandma orders making Jay and Hailey run off. Grandma led us over to a car opening the door, I knew it was for if we wanted to sit down the jelly legs get to you. I knew Lexi had them bad. Neither of us wanted to let go though.

Lexi was with her dad. "Want me to call your dad" "his busy with Daniel" I shrug "hey hey you have a big heart kiddo don't shut down on me" Grandma said stroking my head. "What you to see" the images come back so strong" "you can't close your eyes I know" she smiles nodding "um we were having fun she was smile" "I bet she does that a lot your like your grandfather you both do anything to make the woman you love smile...what happened next" she said as Grandpa came over "a blonde man like platinum blonde I don't know anything else uh he wore black I was twirling Lexi I wasn't paying attention" "it's ok just tell us what you know" "he came from that way I saw the blonde flash...he just" tears build up in my eyes "uh he followed people that way the gun" I close my eyes "he threw it" grandpa said making me nod "which direction" "I don't know...I was I looked away" "it's ok" he squeezes my shoulder before walking away ordering people. "Your focus was on you and Lexi don't feel bad about that" Grandma said making me nod. She didn't leave my side.