Chapter one

Evelyn

It's seven in the morning and my alarm clock goes off, waking me from a deep sleep. I roll out of bed to get ready for another miserable day. Life kinda sucks for me. I live in the tiniest apartment in Miami and have a shitty job cleaning pools after some rich asshole.

I have to go there every day to clean up whatever mess was left the night before. The worst cleaning days are the weekends but thank god it's only Wednesday. I finish getting ready for work and head out to drive to work. The house is huge. He has to be doing some shady work to be able to afford this.

I start picking up empty beer bottles out and around the pool. Do they not know trash cans exist like? what the hellI walk over to my coworker who's just scrolling on her phone as I do all the work.

"Get the hell up Cristi, I'm too tired to do all the work today." I say nudging her knee as she sits with her legs crossed.

"Hold on hold on, did you see this?"

"Ugh see what, all this shit in the pool needed to be cleaned? Oh yeah I did now get the fuck up and help"

"No I'm serious Elliot is having a party Saturday. You think if I make this shirt a v-neck he'd notice me and ask me to be his date?" She said while tugging on her crew neck uniform top.

"Cristi no he won't he doesn't even look our way when he comes outside. Which he rarely does."

"Stop crushing my dreams Evelyn, it could happen."

"Yeah sure of course it can." I sarcastically say "How do you even know about this party?"

"It's in his instagram, that's all he's been talking about this week I wish I was invited my life would be amazing"

"Cristi you follow his fucking instagram... yeah you have too much time on your hands. Time to clean" I say i toss a pool skimmer on her"

"Of course I follow his instagram. Have you seen his abs?" She says as she tries to shove a picture of him in her phone in my face. I pushed her off me, not bothering to look as I continued to clean up.

All I could really think of when I got home was that party Cristi was talking about. I don't know why thoughts flooded my mind on how I could get in. I've known of his parties before and took interest in none of them.

I searched up his instagram. Cristi was right, all he did was mention that party. It'd be nice to put on a fancy dress and have fun like a rich person for once without worrying about bills and necessities for some time. Oh yeah I'm going for sure. I mean why not I'd be quick and quiet. His security system is so jacked up anyone working the pool could get in.

So that's what I did.

Saturday came quickly. I was ready to back out or sneak in when at work I saw Elliot and one of his guards talking about the party. Turns out the ball was just a distraction to ship drugs to his house. It wasn't a total shock because I knew he got his money in a shady way.

Eh oh well I'm going. I did hesitate, so that counts for something. I don't really care what happens I live in the moment consequences later. Tonight will be fun. And who doesn't like fun?

Nine O'clock hits and I start to get ready. The party isn't until eleven but I have to be there early to get into the pool before people start showing up. I take out my best dress I got a few months ago. Well I stole a few months ago. I was from a rich girl pool I used to clean. She fired me because her boyfriend got too touchy. He was an asshole. I didn't even want him. She went off on a rant before firing me.

She stormed out of the house with her little boyfriend running behind her. So I walked into her house and took it. The dress is beautiful. It's a dark red with silky fabric. The dress flowed all the way to the ground and had a split right above my thigh. I took it off the rack and left, taking a bottle of wine with me.

Looking at myself in the dress I felt good even knowing the backstory of how I got it made me smile. I took the dress off to continue doing my hair and makeup.

I've finally finished my long process of getting ready to see that it's quarter till eleven. How'd I take that much time getting ready? Was it still possible to get in? I guess I'll see.

I drove to an empty parking lot nearby Elliot's house. I couldn't park my car by his house for two reasons. One being how old and beat up it looked and they had chauffeurs, and second I'd have to go through the front entrance and get checked in.

Knowing I couldn't let that happen I parked Half a block away from his mansion. I held my dress skirt and my heels as I hurried to his pool entrance. There were so many people drinking champagne by the pool I was tempted to walk away. Not letting my fear take over me I slipped my pool key in the gate and unlocked it. I entered the party like it was nothing.

I'm in!

*****
I think this is a good first chapter . I had to cram a lot to drop hints about the character's personality. I think I did pretty good. Please vote and comment so I can read your feedback.