Chapter twenty-four

Elliot

Sitting at the table everyone was already settled in. I see my parents from across the room and me and evelyn get up to greet them. They stand a few feet away from us giving us confused looks. Evelyn squeezes my hand tighter, scared of how my parents would react.

"Mom, dad, this is my girlfriend evelyn."

"That's what we're calling them now?" she snicker elbowed my dad.

"Them? Just her."

"If you say so, baby. Give you mama a hug i haven't seen ages" she said, with her southern accent. I leaned in to hug her and gave my dad a half hug.

"What that on your neck, son"

"She's been sucking on his neck! You whore."

Just by that one sentence I could tell tonight was going to be a long night. My parents are complicated, they love me too much. I'm their only child so sometimes they overboard. But calling Evelyn a whore was uncalled for.

"Mo-" I try to say before being interrupted.

"Whore? Ma'am shut the fuck up."

My mother gasped at her choice of words. Evelyn had a short temper but I didn't think she would give in so early in the night.

"Evelyn, are you seriously watch your mouth, that's my mom."

"Well your mom just called me a whore"

"Well honey you seem like one. Who still gives hickeys anyway, what are you some teenager?"

My mom just doesnt know when to stop. Even if i had any chance of calming evelyn down she just ruined it.

"Clearly me and you should see the marks your son left on my thighs. He's not innocent. And well technically nineteen is still a teenager so yeah."

Youve got to be fucking kidding me, evelyn and my mom knew eachother for not even ten minutes and was already ripping eachothers head of.

"Nineteen?!"

"Yup nineteen, soon to be twenty if it matters" evelyn said sarcastically

"you're a child, what do you want from him? Go find someone your own age"

"Lady are you fucking serious, im with elliot because i love him. I don't know why you dont like me but you need to chill the fuck out."

"You have a mouth on you don't you?" my father uttered he's been quiet this whole time and now decides to say something.

"Yeah i sure do, and not to long ago it was wrapped around your sons dic-"

She was being extremely disrespectful. Did she forget we were talking to my parents? Granted they're wrong but she is not making it any better.

"Evelyn enough! What the fuck is your problem."

"My problem? your mother is the one that called me a whore"

"And this is how you react your acting like a child right now, grow the fuck up"

She scoffed and walked away. She went back to our table and whispered something to Gus before walking out with my keys in my hand.

"See baby, she only wants you for your money, that's the first thing she grabbed?" she said, her accent was starting to ignore me with how forced it sounded. "Baby no one will love you as much as me and you farther. You don't need her come move to texas with us"

"Are you serious mom? You just called my girlfriend a whore that's way out of line. You do this every time"

And it's true everytime my mom found out I was in a committed relationship she did anything and everything to sabotage it. She wanted to own me so bad. It was even worse in texas she had way more control seeing as how she could pop up at my house at any time. And my dad just let her do what she wanted without even checking her.

Her attempts usually worked but this time it was different. I felt that same feeling in my gut when evelyn walked out of the doors as i did when i let her go the first time i met her. She was special to me and my mom wasn't going to ruin it with her selfish needs.

"But baby no ones gonna love you better than your mama can, especially her she's a child"

"No she isn't, she is nineteen."

"And you just turned twenty seven. You're too mature for someone like her. I just want what's best for you baby, that's all."

"Ok mom, I believe you are going to leave early. Bye you two"

I said walking away. I stayed the rest of the ball because there was another drug lord in town trying to make business.

I tried to focus and have a good time. But thoughts. flooded my mind that maybe my mom was right and evelyn wasn't the best for me. I hate how she was easily able to manipulate me into thinking exactly what she wanted me to think.

*****

Well a lot just happened in this chapter, I hope you guys enjoyed leave comments and vote.

Was Evelyn out of line for the way she spoke to his mother?