Chapter three

Evelyn

I woke up in a dark room; It was pitch black. I regretted stepping into this party the minute I woke up. How can I be so irresponsible? How did I allow myself to act a fool knowing I was supposed to be low-key? All these thoughts swarmed my head as I sat on the cold floor.

I just sat there in silence, scared to move. I didn't even know where I was. let alone what was hidden in the dark with me. The silence was loud and the darkness was frightening. The only source of light in the room was under the crack of the door.

Im now sober regretting every moment i've made since i took my first shot. Thats the nad thing about living in the moment you only start to realize how back you fucked up until you have to deal with the consequences.

I stood up and approached the door to see if it was unlocked.

Of course it was locked but I still pulled and tugged at the door handle trying to free myself. " Let me out, I just want to go home." I screamed as I slid down the door in despair. " Please just let me out" I sobbed with my back against the wall.

"She's up boss"

I hear as they muffled not too far from the door.

"I'll be there in a minute, I'll handle it myself."

He said as he walked further away from the door. 'Handle it' the fuck did he mean handle it.. Why didn't they just let me go home? Why did they lock me in this dark room instead of just letting me go? Why create more problems to 'handle'. Because hes and asshole that's why, a fucking asshole.

I moved from the door and crawled back where they put me. I waited, and waited. Waited patiently thinking of possible outcomes of tonight. What if he knew I'd heard him talking about the shipment? What if he was going to force himself onto me? What if he hurt me, no tortured me. What is he... killed me.

I sat on the floor letting my anxiety creep up and destroy me. All these possible outcomes tormenting  me. All because I wanted some fun. This was very immature of me and I shouldn't have thought to let myself act poorly again after all I did to work for my position, even if it was just mediocre at best. 

The door slowly creaked open with a tall figure leaning on the door frame. It was elliot. He slowly walked towards me with his hand in his pockets. The sleeves on his shirt were rolled up and revealed all his tattoos.

Damn, maybe I should follow his instagram.

"Who are you, how'd you get in here" he said, towering over me.

"I'm just the pool cleaner, I have access through the pool's back gate. Please..." I lower my head as tears rush down my face. "...let me go"

"What's your name?" He said with a confused look on His face

"Evelyn" I replied

"I've never seen you here before, you're way too pretty to be a pool cleaner. Don't do stupid things to get yourself killed. That pretty face won't fool everyone."

I'm... pretty?

"It won't happen again " I say lifting my head to look him in the eyes

"How old are you anyway?"

"I'm nineteen . Well eighteen but I'll be nineteen next Friday."

"You're just a baby." He said in a soothing voice "Your life could've ended just that quick don't you think?"  

I dropped my head in realization that he was right. I was too reckless.

"So you snuck into my party and got drunk while being underaged" he scoffs "good girl"

He lifted his hand to my cheek and wiped my tears off with his thumb "next time don't, It's not worth it."

The feeling of his thumb on my cheek felt soothing. I've never felt calm in someone's hands before. But this made me not worry anymore. My breath slowed as I melted my head against his hand.

"Someone come drive her home" he shouts to his guards.

I was too distracted to tell him I drove here so I just took the free ride and planned on taking an Uber to work the next morning.

The car ride was long given the fact that I obviously didn't live close to his huge house. It took his driver forty five minutes to drive me home. Halfway there his driver looked through his rear view mirror.

"You know you should be dead right now." He said, smirking through the mirror.

"Huh?"

"Mhm off with your head" he said with an Australian accent. Back to his regular voice he said " what'd you say to him that's unlike Elliot

"I didn't say much, I was crying so maybe he just showed mercy"

"You cried?" I nodded "that's a first, girls usually get caught and fling their body to him. He'd get what he wanted and then 'off with their heads' he said again with that annoying accent. So much in me wanting to think he was joking but I knew he wasn't. Was he really that horrible to kill a girl after they've fucked? Well of course he was. He's Elliot.