chapter six

Evelyn

Monday through Thursday flew by quickly. Every morning since Sunday I've had breakfast at Elliot's house. It was just me, Elliot, and Gus that ate as the guards handled work.

I wasn't really thinking about my birthday until Gus brought it up .

"So Evelyn what are you doing for tomorrow?"

"What do you mean? i'm working"

"You took the day off for your birthday" he said as he nudged me with his shoulder.

" oh yeah that, i'm just going to watch movies all day. And probably eat that expired ice cream in the back of my freezer" I laughed as I continued eating.

"Hm, see Elliot she's not doing anything"  he said as he winked at Elliot covering his face in embarrassment.

"Gus leave the table" he said as he dropped his fork on the plate laughing.

"Shit fine by me you too have been eye fucking each other the whole entire time." he said as he grabbed our dishes and headed to the sink.

"Elliot you better not"  I said as he sat by the seat closest to me.

"Evelyn. Let me take you somewhere for your birthday."

"Oh my god why?" he wasn't going to get me that easily

"Because i want to get to know you Evelyn"

" No you don't boss, I'm too much. Did you forget the first night we met I snuck into your party."

" Elliot, my name is Elliot, use it" he said with a stern voice. " and let me decide that for myself, and i kinda liked you on your knees for me" he smirked

"Yeah of course you did" I scoffed " but alright Elliot when and where?"

" tomorrow night i'll pick you up from you house, and to a fancy restaurant maybe, just dress up"

"Mm that's the thing. I don't have any 'dress up' clothes, can't afford them"

"So how the hell did you pay for that red dress? That looked expensive and dressed up to me?." he said in confusion.

"Ahh see Elliot i stole it, mhm right out of my old bosses closet." that'll scare him away for sure.

"oh wow" running his finger through his hair looking flustered. " Well damn did she at least deserve it?"

"Yea she fired me"

"Noted, so i'm definitely not firing you" he joked to lighten the mood " well can i buy you something to wear?" Is this man serious?

"Fuck no. unt unt no."

"Evelyn, why not? I genuinely want to" he asked with a sad look in his eyes.

"Because I said so, no Elliot please don't. I won't be able to take it"

he'd probably go in the store and buy the most expensive dress in there just for me to wear once, and plus i don't want him spending his money on me.

"Okay , no problem, so let's do something you'd enjoy."

"mmk sure. Pick me up at nine- thirty.  I'll give you the directions on the way there. Don't wear nothing expensive you'll probably get robbed where we're going"

He hesitantly nodded in agreement. "Ask your little driver friend where I live" I yelled as I walked away.