Chapter twenty-two

Evelyn

~ six months later~

It's been six months since Elliot officially made me his girlfriend. I moved into his house and started working another job other than cleaning his pools. Don't get me wrong i loved my job i did i just don't like mixing business and personal. I'm sure me and Elliot will never break up but if anything ever happened I needed to be able to be independent without him.

We were doing pretty…alright. We argued quite a bit. Well a lot actually. For the first two months we were great. We never argued, spent most of our time together and were just overall in love. But then things started to change. I am stubborn and he's hot headed. If something doesn't go either of our way we argue. We always fuck our problems away instead of actually dealing with them. 

That worked for me because he always fucked better angry and i always submitted to him the most when i was i was angry. We worked well together. We had enough goods to balance the bad and that's all that mattered.

I went downstairs to make myself some lunch and Elliot was already in the kitchen fixing us both a meal. See, things like this makes me not care about how much we argued. He still cared for me and did things for me. He loved me and protected me from anything. 

He is the only person who is there for me. Well other than Gus. We all three have gotten super close over the months. Gus came over often and we visited his house just as much. 

I wrapped my arms around elliots waist. “The food smells good.”  

“Thank you baby, it's almost done.” 

I let go of his waist grabbing two plates down. He fixed the food and headed to the table with our plates. We sat in silence for a couple seconds before I broke it with a question. “ Do you ever think about how we met?” 

“Mm, not often. Do you?”

“Yeah all the time. You never told me why you let me go. When one of your guards dropped me off they said something about how I should be dead.” 

“Yeah, if you were anyone else you would have.”

“Oh, well what made me different?”

I asked him. These questions have filled my mind frequently over the past year. What made me so special?

“I honestly don't know if I felt something the first time you looked me in my eyes. It was different from what I felt with the other girls. I couldnt do you like I did you so I let you go.” 

“ Hm, that's nice to know.” 

“Why did you crash my party anyway?” 

“Same answer from then. I wanted to see how it felt to live a little.”

“Hm.” he said before eating more of his food. “Don't forget tonight at ten?”

“What's tonight?”

“We're going to a ball, I told you like a month ago. Gus and his family along with mine will be there. Your dress is at the cleaners. It'll be here around eight. “

“Oh ok. So I'm finally going to meet your parents. Nice.” I chuckled nervously. 

“Don't worry, it's just for one night; they go back to Texas tomorrow. And I'm sure they’ll like you.” 

“I hope so.” 

We finished our food while  talking and planning for the ball.