Chapter 32

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier... from the chandelier...

Y'all know the drill. Guess the title and the artiste who sang it.

                          *****  

   My heart pounded, even more, when I got to my dorm door.
   With shaking hands, I unlocked the door.
  He stepped past me, turning the lights on.

  I watched as his gaze traveled around the room and I suddenly felt so small.
  Gosh. I couldn't believe I let a boy into my dorm.
   Well, he's your friend, right? So, be cool, you idiot! My wonderful subconscious snapped.
  I stepped in and shut the door, quietly.
   I just hoped Sapphira didn't come back anytime soon because I didn't know how to explain this to her.

  He sat on my bed and I stood in the middle of the large room, staring at him.
    "For all you know, you could be on Sapphira's bed."
    He shrugged, inclining his head to Sapphira's corner.
    "Well, I figured that cool place wouldn't be yours. Obviously, this boring plain place belongs to you."
    He gestured to my bed and surroundings.
    "Hey," I said, offended.
   "Just kidding. Don't worry. I like ol' borin' and plain."
    He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and walked straight towards Sapphira's bed.
    Whatever that statement meant.
   "Well, since you like boring and plain, you can sit the hell over there!" I pouted at him.
   "Seriously?" He cocked an eyebrow, amused.
   "Yes. You are going to sit there for the next one hour and be interesting, all to yourself."
     He snickered.
  "Hold up, sassy. Now, I didn't say that to spite you. Besides, I don't know if you remember but I've been here before. When I drove you back from that party!"

   I frowned, thinking about that awful night. Then I remembered Sapphira throwing up and a big smile covered my face.
   "I really wanted to pee in your car that night, so bad so you'd stop being so arrogant!"
    "You would have regretted it!"
  I rolled my eyes. Again.
   Lord.
   I rolled my eyes so much around this guy. Still a wonder, my eyes hadn't gotten stuck to the back of my head. Yet.

    "So, what are we doing?"
    I took off my shoes and rubbed my feet. An occasional habit I had formed.
  "Well, since you enjoy acting like an innocent kid, let's keep it PG tonight."
    I scowled at him.
    "I don't act innocent. I am!"
     I rolled my eyes.
   "Let's watch a movie," he said dryly, tired of my childishness, I assumed.

   I nodded and stood, going over to Sapphira's study table to go through her movies.
  I swallowed when I felt him behind me, peeking over my shoulder.
   I held up a cassette, holding my breath.
   It read Edge of Seventeen but the cover gave it away.
   "I am not watching some dumb romance teenage flick with you!"
   "And I'm not going to watch porn with you!" I retorted.

    Poor us, fighting to actually watch a movie. I couldn't see us getting a break, anytime soon.
  "I never said we were going to watch porn. What about a horror movie?"
  I dug through the cassettes stacked on the table and held up one.
   It read Jeeper creepers.
  "Can this one pass?" I choked out, feeling really hot from the proximity.
   "Sure, sassy ass."

   I followed behind him, quietly and sat on the edge of the bed, watching as he walked towards the TV.
   After putting the disc in the cassette player, he turned off the lights and climbed up beside me on the bed.
  I moved away, leaving a good distance between us.
   If he noticed, he didn't hint at it.
  I watched the movie intently and soon, I was freaking out.

   I moved closer to him, slowly, and soon I was pressed close to him.
  I screamed, grabbing his arm when a boy buried in a mummy's cloth grabbed the male protagonist's arm.
   I looked up at him and he watched me, amused. I released him and rolled my eyes, returning my gaze to the movie.
   Soon, I was screaming again when the flesh-eating creature dragged one of the police officers out of the car.
Well, it wasn't ending soon.
  I screamed, even more, when the creature reached for the officer driving and killed him.
   I held my breath, still grabbing onto Miguel as the female protagonist approached the officers' car.

  I watched with ragged breathing as the creature stepped out of the car.
  I screamed louder and buried my head in Miguel's chest as the creature ate the head of the male police officer.
   I felt his arm tighten around me.

  The rest of the movie ended with screaming and burying my head in Miguel's arms and chest.
   "That is the best movie ever. I want to watch it again!"
   I smiled, excitedly as the credits started rolling.
  Miguel looked at me like I was insane.
  He scooted closer to me so that his hips brushed against my thighs.
  I looked down, suddenly interested in my nails.
  "Did you enjoy the movie, sassy?" He said quietly, watching me.

   I looked up at his sea-green eyes that got me every time.
     "Yes."
"It was creepy but fun. You?"
    I looked up at him, hopefully.
     "Did I enjoy it?"
He looked at me, amused and my heart dropped knowing he was going to say something crazy.
   "Of course. I loved every moment."
   He smiled.
   He actually smiled. Gosh, he had such a beautiful smile.
  I smiled too.

    He held out his phone and I gasped.
   "This is what I enjoyed most." He chuckled.
  While I was into the movie and screaming or burying my face into his arms, Miguel was busy taking pictures. Lots of them.
  I smacked his arm, playfully.
    "Why the fuck did you do that?"
   He looked at me, thoughtfully.
   "Should I tell you something about yourself you have probably never noticed?" He said calmly, his voice low.
   "Oh, please."
   I scoffed.
"Should I?" He prodded, his voice, gravelly just as the power went out.

   Seriously? You gotta be kidding me.
   "You cuss...maybe, a lot in sentences but can't say it to someone's face."
  I smiled, grateful for the darkness.
  "What the hell are you talking about?"
   "See? You're doing it again."
   I could hear the smile in his voice and I blushed.
   "Seriously? Shut the fuck up, Miguel."
    I scowled.
   "And I know you're blushing furiously right now," he added and I giggled.
   I felt his arm reach for my hair and I leaned, subconsciously into his touch.
  He stroked my hair gently and I sighed contentedly, careful not to gasp.

"Well, there's something I know about you that you don't," I said boldly, turning so I could catch his gaze.
  Even though the lights were out, I could still see the outline of his face and he could see mine too.
   He stared at me, waiting, his face barely an inch from mine.

    "You're a big softie at heart but you just don't know it because your overflowing ego won't let you see it!
   He chuckled, caressing my face with his left palm and I gritted my teeth.
  "No. I'm not," he muttered and I frowned.
  "You know what I like about you?" He said quietly.
   "Your damn resolve. You're one of the toughest girls, I've seen. Actually, the toughest."
  I smiled, satisfactorily. I learned from the best. Violet Meera Ravi.
   He held my gaze, his eyes flicking to my lips.
  I licked my lips, suddenly feeling self-conscious.
He reached out, tracing my bottom lip with the rim of his thumb and I shuddered.
   "I also like your lips," he whispered, wrapping his hand around my waist.
  His gaze flickered to my lips again and he swallowed.
   I watched him, my heart pounding.

  He moved closer, covering the space between us and rested his forehead against mine.
  I sighed when his finger traced my lip again and I wondered why he hadn't kissed me.
     " I..."
  He paused and I watched him, parting my lips.
He closed his eyes, looking frustrated, his breath hard and erratic.
   "I don't get it," I whispered.

What was stopping him? I really didn't get it. He had made it clear on more than one occasion, that he had wanted to do this and now, I was held in place, curious and actually waiting for him, he was holding back.
    I hissed quietly, impatient and embarrassed.
He held a hand to my lips, rubbing them.
  "Shh, please just remain the way you are, sassy ass unless you want something else!"

The lights came back on just as the door flew open.
    "Well, babe, guess what? You wanna know what went down, Kesha? I didn't get drunk today ---"
    Sapphira paused in her steps, her jaw dropping just as I jumped out of Miguel's grip.

   Haew.... that was totally intense.
  I know, I know.
   I'm sorry Sapphira had to spoil it...
   Please vote and comment and share. Thanks.

   Whew, did you feel the heat? Cuz I felt it

Adios, suckers ✌️