~Kesha~

~dedicated to Paul Walker~

   Lol, Ion know or I think I might have forgotten my reason for this chapter buh I know I thought about it, and since I never wrote about it, so I decided to give it a shot.
  Now, my favourite people, how you've all been doing?! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a long, long time buh I've just been busy. With my new drafts and working on the old chapters.
You should go check that out sometime!
  P. S.( lol, is this how it's written? 🤷)
This chapter is dedicated to Paul Walker because well, I fell in love with him and he's dead and to every other dead wattpader, cheers to their surviving ones.
Recommended songs;
  Memories. (My beloved) Maroon 5(lol)
Happier. Marshmallow & Bastille
Lovely. Billie Elish & Khalid.
   Enjoy;

                           Kesha's POV

     Do you know that feeling?
Of emptiness? Some days, you just wake up and feel like you shouldn't get up, right?
     On other days, I woke up and I was ready to take the world by its bullhorns and fight because that's how I was trained and what my mother taught me to do.
  Fight life or else it was gonna toss you aside. Live each day like you were the last person on a battlefield or else you were gonna lose. Loose hard. And crumble.
  I glanced at the picture frame on my bedside table and felt tears prick my eyes.
   Exactly this day, a year ago, I lost an amazing woman named Violet Meera Ravi, who just happened to be my lovely mother. I don't know what the hell she was doing but I knew she wasn't fighting against her cancer because my mother wasn't a loser!
  I sniffed and dragged my legs down my bed, fresh tears dripping down my face.
   Minutes later, I sat in the living room, waiting for Sapphira as she hurriedly made coffee.
   "Girl, are you gonna say something?"
  She stepped out of the kitchen, holding a mug in her hand.
  I stared at the space in front of me, clutching my bag next to me.
  "Okay, you want some caffeine?"
I shook my head, no.
"Oh my God, Kesha Raymond, can you tell me what the hell is wrong with you?" She snapped, taking on that bossy tone of hers.
I grabbed my bag and stood up.
  "Are we going to school or what?" I headed for the door, not waiting for her reply.
  She sighed behind me.

"I swear, you're the strangest person I've ever met," she muttered under her breath.

"Thanks, Ira," I said before opening the door.

                              *****

     I sat on the couch when the front door opened.
I didn't even look at it.
For the past months, I had barely thought about my mother.
  And now, today, the guilt of it and her death choked me.
  Don't cry, Kesha. I sniffed.
   "Hey, baby."
    I felt the couch press down as someone sat.
I kept quiet, trying to hold back my tears. There was no way I would let anyone see me break down completely except for Charlie.
    "Kesha?" Maddie called softly.
  I looked at her.
"Hi," I whispered.
"So, you're not okay," she smiled.
  I shook my head, no.
  "Good. I would have smacked you if you lied to me. I'm sorry though, I don't know why you're like this but I'm guessing you don't wanna talk about it?"
  And there. That was the vast difference between Maddie and Sapphira. Maddie understood, well Sapphira did too, but Maddie had an in-depth understanding of a person while Sapphira just observed from the surface.
   I nodded.
   "Yish. You really don't wanna talk," she smiled again.
   "Do you want pizza?"
  I kept quiet.
"Chicken wings?"
   "Cupcakes? Coke? French fries? Cookie? Burger? Beer?"
I kept quiet.
       "Zed?"
I turned to scowl at her but kept back my comeback.
Ew. Not to be mean or anything. But did she know boys and I correlated on a different level? And why would I want Zed?
      "Kesha?"
   "Hmm," I breathed out.
   "Do you want Miguel?"
I went silent. Majorly silent. Not because I was ignoring her but because I was speechless.
  "With that crease between your brows and the way you've stopped breathing, I'll take that as a yes," she smirked like she had achieved something big.
She brought out her phone and stood.
  "Don't," I whispered.
   "Pfft. I know when I should respect my boundaries and yours. Right now, I have every right to cross that line. Except you pop one huge real smile on that ugly face of yours for me, right now," she scowled.
   I smiled at that but it was forced.
  "It didn't reach your eyes, babe. I'm calling him," she walked away to the kitchen.
   I opened my mouth to call her back but what was the point? I had no energy and the little energy reserved in me, I didn't feel like using it to fight.
My phone rang loudly.
I grabbed it and swiped the screen, not even caring to check.
     "Hey, K."
     It was Charlie. He sounded breathless.
   "Hi, Char," I muttered, my voice shaking.
  "Hey, baby. How are you? Scratch that. How are you holding up ?"
    I sucked in my breath.
  "Bad."
  "It's been one year," he said quietly.
   "I know," I whispered.
     "Wow. How time flies."
   I didn't say anything.
   "I'm sorry, hon. I was a little distracted today. Not gonna lie, I actually forgot. Can you believe that? I'm so sorry, K. It just hit me now and knowing you, you'd be lonely today."
"It's okay," I said, soothingly.
    "No. It's not," he grunted.
   "Look, I don't know how much time I'm going to take but I think I'm going to drop by. Maybe, with Penny."
   "Don't," my voice dropped.
     "Why?" he whined.
   "Don't stress that pretty girl. Are you crazy? How can you drive from Boston to California unprepared?" I emphasized the unprepared.
  "K. I'm always prepared for you."
  A small smile crept up my face.
  "Now, that'll be a cliche line if we were dating but we're not, so drop it and save those stupid lines for Penny instead."
He laughed.
"Okay, bae. Whatever you say. I have to go now. I'll call you later in the night and we'll cry together. Don't you dare cry without me, if not, I'm breaking up with you!"
   I smiled.
  " Promise, Char. Thanks. Expecting your call. Love you."
     "Ew. I have a girlfriend. But no worries, I won't tell. Goodbye, K."
    My phone slid from my hands onto the couch, just as I heard a knock.
Maddie went straight for the door, huffing in my direction.
        I heard Miguel's voice and I reluctantly looked over at him.
He had two big shopping bags in his hands.
    "This is for you," he gave her one and she smiled.
  "Oh, wow. Thank you."
  They talked in hushed tones and then Maddie stepped out.
   "I have some things to do. See you later, Kesh," she shut the door.
    I rolled my eyes.
I bet she did.
   "And these are for you," he dropped the bag beside my feet.
   "Go home, Miguel."
He sat beside me.
   "After I just got here? In the next five hours, I'll leave, promise," he smirked and I felt a lazy smile creep up my lips.
    "Relax, cariño," he said smoothly, reaching for my legs.
   "Cariño?" I said awkwardly.
   He smiled.
  "Yes, baby. It's Spanish."
He kneaded my left foot.
   "So, what's up?" He said, his tone taking a serious note, while he concentrated on massaging my feet.
   I stared at the bag, silently.
  "You know, there's ice cream in that bag, so you can feel free to eat and talk. And I mixed the flavors for you," he bent and retrieved the bag.
    "Mocha and vanilla," he handed me a small cup.
   "Try it, it's good."
  I grabbed a spoon from his hand.
   I took the first sip and bit back a comment.
This was really nice.
   I continued licking my ice cream and he continued massaging my feet.
    "My mom died a year ago!" I said suddenly, quietly.
  He paused, then continued.
    "I'm sorry about that," he said, quietly.
  "I had no father!"
I knew I had told him this before but I needed to rant because I was on the verge of breaking down and it was unfortunate, Miguel had to be here.
     He continued rubbing my feet.
   "He left us when I was five! Five?! Can you believe that? He left us to battle with bills, rents, mortgages, food and shelter!  My mother wasn't even from here. Do you know how long it took her to find her feet? She didn't belong, because well, she was from another country. It was so hard and bad, she actually had to hide with me in a shelter! My dad, wherever he is now, is probably living a good life, having it easy while my mother worked relentlessly to get us one meal! To put a roof over our heads! How is that even fair?! He left us to battle with mom's cancer all alone! And now," I shrugged, my tears dropping.
  "She's gone! Everything. Everything she ever worked for. Gone."
   "You're still here," he whispered, watching me.
I sniffed and wiped my eyes furiously.
    "I don't deserve to be," I said quietly.
    "A lie. That's a very big lie," he said quietly but firmly.
    " Now, my mom. I don't know what I ever did to her but the way she forgot about me is not fair! It's not. Why did they both leave? For fuck sake, I'm just seventeen! Seventeen and I've worked at more câfes than a broke person would ever work at and I'm just so tired. I'm so sick of it. I'm barely holding up. If it wasn't for Charlie, last year, I might have committed suicide!"
His grip on my legs tightened.
    " And now, you guys are the ones there for me! But I can't continue like this! I can't," my voice fell as huge tears dropped.
  I went into full mode sobbing.
    "I just want to ask her a question! Just one. Why did she leave me like this? I can't handle myself!"
I sobbed more, aware of the huge ugly sobs wracking my body but right now, I couldn't care less.
    " You're the bravest girl, I know, Kesha," he whispered.
   "No. No. I'm not," I shook my head, my tears falling more.
   "Have you ever visited your mum's grave?"
   I shook my head.
   "Not even once?"
   I covered my mouth, stifling a large cry.
  "Ohmygod. I'm so horrible, Miguel. I have never been to my mom's grave!"
  His hands stroked my toes but I barely paid attention.
  " My mum died nineteen years ago!"
   I glanced at him.
   "Miguel! Stop wishing that for your mother!" My tone came off a little harsh.
   "I'm serious. My mom could have left. Maybe but when she decided to get pregnant for that bastard, that was her end to freedom and the day she died," he shrugged.
   I stifled a smile at the way he casually said it.
  " I miss my mom," I said quietly, another round of tears dropping.
    "Me too," he chanted.
   I smiled. Miguel was making it really hard for me to be sad.
I finished my ice cream and dumped the cup into the bag.
   "You know she regrets leaving you, right? She loves you. Sometimes, we don't wanna do things but circumstances," he shrugged.
   "...But that doesn't mean, she doesn't love you!"
  It sounded like he meant something deeper.
   "That's a lie," I whispered, my tears still dropping.
   He dropped my legs and came to squat between my legs.
  I tilted my head down, my blonde hair enveloping my face.
    "Hey, hey. Look at me," he put two fingers under my chin and raised my head.
   "If you're gonna keep crying, I'm gonna cry too! Because I lost my mom too!"
   I shook my head, to drop it, instead, tears dropped more.
   "Kesha?" He said quietly, looking at me.
   I bit my lower lip.
    "I can't Miguel. I just can't."
   "Wow. Okay, then," he stood and sniffed twice.
Then wailed loudly.
   "Ohmygod, mum why? Why did you have to marry Sanchez Alonso?"
  He said it so sassily that I smiled.
   "There were better men. Maybe even Bruce. Anyone. Anyone, mum but you just had to marry that one! That forbidden one!" He wailed again and I giggled.
  I covered my mouth when I discovered what I was doing. I was supposed to be mourning but I was doing the opposite.
  I suddenly felt guilty and cuddled myself, hugging my knees to my chest.
   " Isn't that good as you being dead?! You left me out here in this cold world of America. This horrible, horrible world! And I'm just, not even up to twenty yet! I'm not even a legal adult and I'm here, suffering while your husband is there, enjoying the highlife and fake pussies. Can you even imagine that? Mum, divorce him!!
Divorce him and come back to me. I can't, Kesha. I just can't, anymore," he sat down beside me and wiped the fake tears from his eyes.
    I doubled up in laughter and clutched my stomach, falling on the couch.
   " Oh, God. Miguel, you're," I wheezed.
   " I'm mourning. I'm sorry my lines are horrible. I'll do it better when I've murdered my father!"
  I laughed again.
Ohmygod.
  " Don't cry again. Please," he whispered, leaning closer and tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.
    He watched me, and I watched him, mesmerized.
     "Promise?" He brushed my lips.
    I held my breath, wondering how he had made me stop crying when no one else could.
    He tilted his head and pressed his forehead to mine.
      My eyelids fluttered close. We remained there, inhaling each other's scent and listening to our even breathing.
  He nuzzled his nose against mine.
        "Cariño."
  I hugged him, tight.
  And I felt his arms wrap around me later. Tight.
   He kissed my hair.
     I love you, Miguel. I almost said it but I wasn't even sure what love meant. I shut my eyes tighter and I sobbed silently, suppressing my tears.
     "So?" He released me.
    " You still look sullen! Should we fuck?"
I glanced at him, raising an eyebrow at his bluntness.
   " What?" he smirked.
  "I'm trying to help alleviate your mood and sex is a really good distraction so what? You actually want me to propose to you before I fuck you?"
  I laughed.
    "No," I said, quietly.
    "We will not be having sex today!"
    "Ohmygod. Tomorrow then?" He squealed like a high school girl and I laughed.
   " No. Not tomorrow either!"
   " But you didn't reject me so I'll hold on to that!"
    He searched the bag and brought out a bottle of wine.
   "Why?" I looked at him.
    " We are going to drink and get drunk and have sex in every single space of this house!"
    My mouth fell open and he laughed.
" Okay. Fine. We'll just start with getting drunk!"
   I shook my head as he opened the wine.
   "You need it, sassy ass. I'll just have a glass or two but you go ahead. I'm gonna watch you tonight!"
    He quickly got two glasses from the kitchen and filled them.
  I sipped mine snd and closed my eyes, letting the sweet sensation wash over me.
    Miguel drew me closer until my back was pressed against his chest and my legs draped over his.
    "Drink up, mi querido," he whispered, kissing my ear.
    He rubbed his hands up and down my arm, playing with a strand of my hair.

     And breaking another barrier I had built, concerning guys.

Okay, how was it, long?
  Well, you have been asking for long chapters, so there it is!!!
    Tell me what you think, please and don't forget to vote.
    Also, who can tell me what month, this chapter took place?!
U'll get something.
  Love y'all and do stay safe.
  Nadia out ❤️❤️❤️