Chapter 55

A week had passed since I had seen Miguel eye to eye and I was literally going mad.
   Was I horny?
  That thought had been on my mind for over a week, driving me insane.
    And if I was, why didn't I notice before now?
  Nope.
  Miguel was the horn dog and he was just trying to rub it in my face.
  Did I need a boyfriend?

  Probably. The first name that came to my mind was Zed.
  Yes, Zed.
  He was more than perfect for the role.
  What I needed was a boyfriend and hopefully, if I got one, Miguel would stay away. For good.
   A big smile covered my face as I jumped down from the bed in my robe.
   I snorted.

    Another hand-me-down from my mother was barely a robe.
  I mean, the silky garment was draped around my ankles but it was very transparent.
   Especially at times like this, I wasn't wearing anything inside except my lace panties.
   Oh, well.  I snorted, again and waltzed downstairs.

  "Sapphira!" I yelled, excitedly, approaching the last stair, my gaze fixed on the kitchen doorway.
  "Hey, Kesh. We got visitors."
  I paused on the last stair, my eyes widening.
   "Pierre and ---"
  "Hey, sexy goddess from hell."
   My eyes traveled to the couch and I froze.
     "Miguel?"

  "Yes," Sapphira called from the kitchen.
  "Hello, sassy ass," he drawled, his gaze lingering downwards before climbing back up my face.
    "Can you stop staring at me like that?" I snapped, glad my body was cooperating with me today.
  "I mean, I'm not the one standing there half-naked, am I?"
  My eyes darted down my robe and my face reddened when I saw my nipples peeking out of the material.
    I was suddenly aware of my lace panties.          
  I cringed and cursed inwardly before turning to take the stairs two at a time.

   I took off the robe and threw on a shirt that belonged to Charlie and a pair of shorts before stalking back downstairs, angrily.
  "Miguel?" I snapped as I reached the last step.
   He stared at me, not bothering to hide the smile tugging at the end of his lips.
   Well, he wouldn't be smiling anymore after I told him off.
  This shit was ending today. Right now.

  "Outside, now!" I said through gritted teeth as I threw the door open.
    I waited for him to step out and when he did, I shut the door.
   He crossed his arms across his chest and stared at me curiously, his lips drawn back in a firm line. 
   "You know what is wrong with you, Miguel?" I glared at him.
  " I mean, you're a pretty sexually active guy and I get it but you don't get to tell me how I feel," I drawled, holding his blazing gaze.

  He didn't smile as he watched me, patiently.
  "What exactly is your point?" He said, dryly.
  "My point..."
  "Is why are you making this so damn difficult?"
  I dropped my voice, frustrated.
   This wasn't playing out how I wanted it.
  "We were fine before this. Before what happened at that place."
    He narrowed his eyes at me.
  "What are you talking about?" He said, calmly.

  "I only told you to teach me how to swim, Miguel and you did more than that," I muttered, looking down.
  "Hold on, sassy. Did I not teach you how to swim?"
  I nodded slowly, unsure of his point.
  "I'm sorry but I also seem to remember someone was as turned on as I was that night."
  I gulped. Of course, this was Miguel. He would always turn this back to me.

  He stepped forward and I looked up at him.
   "Maybe, you're also tired of resisting me the way I resist you."
   "Because ever since that night, at that party, I've been wanting to kiss you really bad..."
   He paused, searching my face.
   "And ever since the night at the garden, when you said all those things, I can't tell you all the things I've been imagining to do to you..."
  He paused and I hiccuped m
" Can I kiss you, Kesha? Just once. And if you don't like it, I'll stay away. I promise."
  He stared at me, not even blinking.

  My lips parted in surprise, all my coherent thoughts flying out of my brain.
   "And what if I like it?"
  He grunted and reached out for my face.
  "Then, I won't stop kissing you anytime soon."
   I watched him, speechless.
  His fingers slipped to my lips and I pressed my body to the door, feeling small.
  "I've resisted for so long, Kesha" he whispered, his eyes dropping to my lips.
  "And you've fought for so long..."
  "Just say the word..." He rubbed my lower lip, trailing off.

    I shuddered because I knew my self-control had just crumpled at his feet. And there was only so long, I could resist.
       "Miguel..."
     My voice fell away as I met his gaze.
  He grunted in understanding and stepped forward, covering the last inch of space between us.
  My eyelids fluttered close as his lips crashed on mine.

   His lips were soft and pliant, molding with mine easily.
  I gasped and stumbled back when his hand closed around my throat.
  His tongue darted inside my mouth and he kissed me harder.
   I wrapped an arm around his neck and another around his arm, yanking him even closer.
   And I returned his kiss wholeheartedly.
   A soft moan flew out of my lips and his body stilled against me, his eyes flying open.
  He released me and my eyes widened as we both tried to catch our breath.

  "Miguel," I murmured.
  He held his index against my lips and I watched him, my eyes blazing.
  "You won't let me take you in there, now and..."
  I shook my head.
   Nope. No way. Wasn't ready for that.
  He stepped back and I stumbled back but steadied myself, quickly.
  "Fuck, Kesha. Fuck..."
   He breathed harder, plugging his nostrils.

  "Why the fuck did you just kiss me that way?" He murmured, looking up at me.
  I stared at him, speechless because I had no fucking explanation for what just happened.
  "So you let me kiss you and what?"
His stare narrowed into a glare.
  "You tell me goodnight and to take a hike?"
His breathing became shallow and labored.

  I breathed harder and stepped forward.
    "Miguel..."
    He held up a hand.
   "Don't come any closer, Kesha."
   "You want this as much as I do yet you'd rather torture me."
  He laughed quietly but it was strained.
  "You want something so bad and yet you don't fucking reach for it. You expect it to come walking into your arms. You fucking wanted this too and you've been denying it."
  He shook his head and stepped back again and I watched him, my gaze still on his lips.
  "Fine. Have it your way, then."
     "And I'm not kissing you again unless you prove to me you want me as much as I want you."
    His gaze lingered on my swollen lips before he walked away.

  And like that, he left me in front of my door, still reeling from that hot kiss.

               Miguel's POV

   I stumbled into the bar, noting I was early as the only customers here were five including myself.
   "A bottle of tequila."
   I held up my hand to the thick  man who walked over to me.
   Kesha...
  I sighed as I filled my glass and took a long sip.
   That girl was something...
   And it turned out she was more than a prudish nerd.
  She's a sassy, no-nonsense, hot bitch who's apparently not aware she's hot.
  I sighed again and took another sip from my glass, trying to remember why I took this bet.

  To boost my ego, I thought grimly.
  Kesha wasn't really who I thought she was.
   She was a selfless bitch.
  I cringed, remembering the day we went to the mall. How she was so worried about the bills. I had honestly not seen a girl who gave a shit about the money.
  Jacqueline included.

   I sighed again and gave up the glass, chugging the bottle.
   Getting Kesha to bed was going to be one hell of a deal. And it was going to take more than the normal shit. I was going to have to buy her fucking trust.
  That I could do. I  just had to buy her feelings first.
  This was gonna be a long, long bet.

  Oh my gosh...who's freaking out with me?!

   It took about fifty-four chapters for Kesha to finally kiss Miguel... and it was totally worth the wait or don't you think so??
  😂😂

  Cheers to them🍷🍷😊😂.
  I would love to hear what you think of this chapter, so please comment.
Comment and vote, please. Thanks.