Chapter 63

~ ay... it's the hot girl coach and Bts... ayy...
  smooth like butter... like a criminal undercover... going pop like trouble...
   breaking into your heart like that... woohh...
    So, guess?
   The title and artiste of the song.
I mean, heyy... the title and artiste are literally mentioned in the lines...

                        *****

    I stopped in my tracks, my eyes widening when I spotted Miguel sitting on his back porch with a bottle in his hands.
  I stepped forward, surprised I had found him
His face glistened in the moonlight and I sucked in a breath.
   "Do you want to be alone?" I said quietly.
    His hands stilled around the neck of the bottle and he sat up straighter.
   I could tell he was surprised he had company.

        "No."
  His gaze fell to the bottle in his hands and my heart ached at how distant he sounded.
  His voice was deep and husky, just as I remembered but not the type of husky that made you want to melt because of all the tingly feelings you got down there. His voice sounded like someone in agony.

  I joined him on the porch and tucked my knees underneath my chin.
  "Where have you been, Miguel?"
  He didn't answer.
  "Honestly, I've been worried to death about you. And so have Jarvis," I murmured.
  "I didn't think you'd care."
  He said it so quietly I didn't catch it at first.
  What? This guy was unbelievable.
  "Well, you're wrong as always. And I do. I care more than I want to."
   I shrugged, feeling bold from all the wine I had drank tonight. As always.

  "I missed you, Miguel," I continued, closing my eyes.
  I felt his gaze on me before I heard him suck in a breath.
  "I lied, Kesha," he whispered.
    My eyes flew open but I didn't look at him.
   "About what?"
    "Everything."

  I slowly turned to look at him, really confused.
   "My dad's not a businessman. He's the Don of the Alfonso Mafia in Spain."
  "Really?" I cocked an eyebrow, my lips parting in surprise.
  "And my mum..."
   He paused, his voice breaking.
  "Is... has always been there for him and by that, I mean at his receiving end. When he's drunk and mad, she's always there through it all. I've told her to get a divorce more times than I can count but she's stubborn as hell. This time was worse. She was alone at home bleeding out while that bastard had probably flown to another country."

  I reached for his hand and surprisingly, he didn't flinch.
  Feeling bolder, I curled my fingers around his own and squeezed.
  As a message, that I would always be here for him. As long as he needed me.
   He stared at me and without thinking, I leaned forward and pecked him gently on his lips.

  I pulled away, immediately.
   "Why'd you stop?" He whispered, his gaze still on my lips.
  "I was only doing you a favor," I mumbled, hiding a smile as I slipped my hands back into his.
  "How do you feel?" I murmured, after some minutes of silence.
  "Like hell. I feel devastated, Kesha. My mum's in a very bad condition, right now. If she dies, I'm gonna rip that bastard into two, I swear!"

  "Your mom's not gonna die."
  My voice shook and I smiled assuredly at him.
   Yeah, Kesha... weren't those the same words you used before reality slapped you in the face?
   "How do you even know that? I mean, why are you so sure?"
  "Because..." I shrugged, my voice falling away.
    "I know."

   "And he's still your dad, don't you think he deserves a little respect!"
  "Yeah, right. It's only 'cause I missed my train I'm in that dick's house."
   He slipped his hands out of mine, balling it into fists.
  "Do you want a hug?" I sniffled, looking back at him.
   He shrugged.
  "There are a lot of things I want right now, Kesha!"