five

70+ votes for next chapter xoxo

| a u s t i n |

I sit at the kitchen counter, rubbing my eyes, just waiting for my coffee to kick in so I can finish up her room. I spent all night painting it white and setting up some little bench for her (kid friendly of course). I even made the boys carry her crib into the room as she slept on the couch. Now the guys are watching her, trying not to tell me I'm crazy to my face. They simply mutter to themselves or to each other.

"You fucking call her; he's going crazy," I had heard Rob mutter to Alex earlier today.

By her they meant Bentley. Bentley isn't going to stop me from going all ape shit on my daughter's room. This is her room now. She was going to be here for a long time so might as well start it now. The guys are all chipping in with money and such. Zach works at a bakery, Alex as an drama teacher at some camp that goes on all year, and Rob works on cars. I'm still trying to work on that music thing.

I hear the door opening and look over to see Bentley walking in. She called me about five times today, but I really need to get Madison's room done so I just shrugged off not calling her. I guess the guys did it for me.

Alex rushed to her as if someone died and I could hear him whispering shit to her. Probably about how I'm going crazy and doing random acts of kindness or something along those lines. Bentley listens intently, but she's smiling. She doesn't see anything wrong, making me feel overjoyed.

I can hear Bentley now walking over to me, but I'm looking down at my empty cup that was just filled with coffee. It still hasn't kicked in, but it's whatever. Madison could probably sleep for days anyway.

"Is it the coco or pot?" she bickers.

"Are you implying I take drugs?"

"No, just a guess," she shrugs.

I have to chuckle a bit, before she lets out this beautiful sound. It's this light laugh and god, I'd love to listen to that shit on repeat until the day I die. Most girls have this fake obnoxious laugh they do, but not Bentley. Bentley is probably the realest chick out there.

I sound like some lame 80's movie.

"You need help? I'd love to give a girl's opinion," she says, and I look up to see if she's being serious. By the smile on her face I would think so. So I decide to agree because I'm sort of scared to say no to her. Who knows what object she could throw at me. Because maybe she could be an emotionally violent person. She is still a complete stranger to me.

I lead her up to Madison's room, nervous about the fact she might hate it. I don't know what Bentley's taste is, nor do I know Madison's. She is only like 11 months old.

I open the door, letting Bentley walk in first. I don't have the guts to join her so I just lean against the door frame. Bentley stares at it in awe, taking notice to the glow in the dark stars I put on the ceiling for Madison to look up at night and not feel so alone. It's probably relaxing. Just looking up and feeling like your outside in the night. Madison might thank me when she's older or whine about how babyish it is. I just hope she isn't a little brat.

Bentley traces her fingers along the crib, smiling at the white thing in the corner of the room. Next to it is her changing area that I still really need to master doing. I was thinking about setting up a fake baby and practicing over and over again until I mastered it. I'd just change some plastic baby for hours straight.

Bentley seems in awe at all of it, and I hoped she loved it. I wanted to impress her. I wanted to show her I could be a good dad. I just needed time.

"Austin, it's amazing. I don't even think you need anything else," she admits as she looks down at the tiny plastic desk that was stocked with crayons and markers. I don't know. Maybe Madison will grow up to be an artist.

But I hope deep down she's a musician. Just like her daddy.

"You sure? I could always-"

"It's perfect," Bentley reassures, looking me dead in the eyes. Chills shot down my spine because her brown eyes are oh so beautiful. I've never been so effected by brown eyes either until I saw her. Just something about them was different from other brown eyes. There had to be so much more light in hers.

"What?" she asks, cutting me out of my stare at her. I just shake my head, looking down because I was blushing. Me. Austin Mahone. I was blushing at this beautiful girl who stood in my daughter's room.

"Hey, can you come with me over to my mom's?" I ask randomly, looking back up at Bentley when my cheeks didn't feel so hot.

"Of course, I'll do anything for Madison and you," she lets out, surprising me. She's so genuine about everything, and she doesn't even hesitate. I could tell she cares a whole lot for Madison.

Bentley would be a great mom.

Shit.

"You should go home," I mutter as I push her out of Madison's room. I didn't give myself a chance to think this through. I was just pushing her to the front door and she was trying to tell me she had nothing else to do. But I fought her on that.

"I have a date tonight. You have to go," I mutter once more, starting to bicker about something about Madison and this girl who I made up. I don't think Bentley could understand me, but she looked almost hurt. Shit. I sure have lost my game.

"Uh, okay, goodnight," she lets out, heading out my front door.

"Night," I grumble, slamming it shut which woke up Madison.

Her cries from the front room were not what I needed right now. I just fucked up with some girl because I thought of how great of a mom she'd be. I chickened out on asking her on a date, and then lied about having one.

I am not smooth.

I have no game.

All I got is tons of condoms and no sex.

"Can you shut the thing up?" I heard Rob grumble, cutting me off from my depressing thoughts of having no sex.

I have to just ask her out on a date and stop freaking myself out.