[ 2 ]

CHAPTER TWO
- SHADOW -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Step by step, she ran down the steps of the stairs. Soon, a delightful smell entered her nose.

She ran to the kitchen then, seeing how her just slightly older brother was making breakfast.

"What are you making, Jungwon?" Jiwoo asked her brother, who was busy behind the counter with his things while he had earbuds in his ears with loud music on.

Even though he had earbuds in, you could still hear the music loud and clearly.

Jungwon, Jiwoo's big brother. He has a completely opposite personality than Jiwoo has. Jiwoo is cheerful and caring, while Jungwon is acting cold most of the time. He gets irritated fastly.

He is only fun when he's with his friends.

Her bigger brother didn't notice anything and just continued to cook peacefully. Jiwoo sighed deeply and ran towards her brother. She sneaked behind him. Her lips curved a bit, forming a smirk on her face. She suddenly pulled out the earbuds of his brother's ears.

"What are you making!" Jiwoo repeated, but this time she yelled into her brother his ears.

Jungwon was startled by the sudden and unexpected screaming in his ears and covered his ears with his palms. Everything he had in his hands he dropped so he could perform that action. A crack sounded, but not knowing what it was from.

"Gosh, Jiwoo!" Jungwon yelled back at his little sister as he snatched his earbuds from her hands again.

Jiwoo bit her bottom lip trying to hold back her laughter. She thought it was funny to see her brother like this. She giggled.

"Because of you, I've now dropped an egg!" Jungwon continued talking as his face turned red with anger. He pointed to the ground, where at that spot there was a broken egg scattered on the ground.

Jiwoo her giggles faded as she turned her eyes to the ground and saw a broken egg lying there. "Oops..." She hissed. There was an awkward silence between the two of them before Jiwoo started talking again, "Not my fault though!" She laughed loudly before running away from the kitchen, heading towards the hallway of the house.

"Where are you going?" Jungwon shouted as he saw his sister running away.

"School!" Jiwoo yelled back as she put on her shoes and coat.

Jungwon walked into the hallway a moment later and leaned his shoulder against the wall. "Already? It's early and you haven't even had breakfast yet," He sighed, "And you also need to clean the floor of the kitchen!"

Jiwoo didn't listen to him an tossed her school bag over her shoulder. "See you later this afternoon!"

Before her brother even managed to let a word out of his mouth, she opened the front door, ran out and slammed it shut harshly behind her, startling Jungwon one more time.

"That childish girl..." He nagged.

-

"Jiwoo!" Someone called out her name out loud. The voice echoed through the hallways of the school.

Hearing her name, she turned herself around, seeing Eunji coming running towards her. Immediately as she arrived, she put both hands on Jiwoo's shoulders for support. She was panting heavily from running.

Jiwoo chuckled because her best friend was so exhausted from a little running. Eunji is pretty tired easily too, to be honest.

People in the hallways looked at them strangely, but the girls didn't pay attention to that. Eunji and Jiwoo were also known for all their actions as the most chaotic duo in school. Two hyperactive friends.

Everyone in the school pretty much knew the duo. They were loud and therefore stood out quickly. Only there is one specific person in the school who does not notice them:

Park Sunghoon.

You could also describe him as the most cold person on earth. He is even worse than Jiwoo her brother, Jungwon, who is already cold enough. His behavior, his expressions, his language. Everything in fact. He is as cold as ice.

Yet he is the most handsome person on earth, according to Jiwoo. She has had a crush on him since she arrived at this school. She is always trying to reach him, but no matter how hard she tries, he never seems to notice her, even though she is so loud and outstanding all the time.

To him, she is just a person in the shadows.

"What is it? Why are you in such a hurry?" Jiwoo giggled as she looked at her exhausted friend who was still panting while holding Jiwoo her shoulders.

"I have great news!" Eunji said as she gasped for breath.

"Tell me!"

Eunji giggled before looking up at her friend. Suddenly, Eunji began to blush out of nowhere.

Jiwoo had noticed. Her mouth fell open and her eyes slowly widened. She knew what she was going to say. "Don't tell me that-"

"Jay asked me out!" Eunji interrupted her friend squealing as she jumped up and down out of excitement. Jiwoo her mouth fell open even further.

Jay, Sunghoon's best friend. He never talks to girls unless he's really interested in someone. Eunji has had a crush on him for about at least a year and now he finally asked her out.

Jiwoo actually felt sadness deep down inside, she really wanted her crush to ask her out too. But when you're a person in his shadow that's not an available option.

Maybe this was just fine too. Maybe this would allow Jiwoo to get closer to her crush if Eunji was now going to hang out with Sunghoon his best friend.

People in the hallways of the school who were standing near or walking past the duo were all deafened by Eunji's loud squeals. They covered their ears with their hands and gave strange looks to the two.

They just shrugged it off.

"I'm so happy for you!" Jiwoo said as she smiled at her friend, "You deserve it!"

Eunji calmed down a bit and her lips curved into a smile. Her face was as red as a tomato because she was blushing. Butterflies flew trough her stomach.

"I also want my crush to ask me out!" Jiwoo said as she sighed deeply, gently stomped her right foot on the ground and pouted.

Eunji chuckled as she patted Jiwoo on the back. "That's really going to happen. Just give it a little more time."

Ring...

The bell sounded.

"I think it's time for class," Eunji said as she shrugged her shoulders, "I'll see you later, Jiwoo!"

Eunji walked away from her without even letting Jiwoo say anything. Every student in the hallway made their way to the classroom. Jiwoo sighed deeply before picking up her backpack from the floor and tossing it over her shoulder.

"I need to give it more time..." She scoffed and then walked towards the classroom as her head was pulled down to the ground, hiding her sadness.