[ 40 ]

CHAPTER FORTY
- SECRET AGENT -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Don't come any closer, or Jiwoo is going to die... And this time for real."

Sunghoon bit his lower lip from the sight he saw before him. Jiwoo being grabbed and Jay pointing a gun to her head.

He was so glad that Jiwoo was alive and not really dead like the news said, but now that Jay was here, everything could be turned upside down. Jiwoo could die right here, right now, in front of him.

He shook his head slowly back and forth as he saw Jiwoo's eyes begin to fill with tears. "Why are you doing this, Jay?" Sunghoon sobbed. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Take my wallet out of my pocket," Jay commanded, ignoring Sunghoon's question.

"Why?"

"Do it!"

Sunghoon gasped as he walked over to Jay and grabbed his wallet from his pocket. He opened it and widened his eyes when he saw a card in it.

A police card.

"You work for the police?!" Sunghoon shouted in disbelief.

"I'm a secret agent and my mission was to find this killer and catch her," Jay said as he squeezed Jiwoo's arm even tighter.

Jiwoo hissed in pain.

"Shut up, slut!" Jay shouted as he gave Jiwoo a punch with his gun against her head.

"Don't touch her! Don't hurt her!" Sunghoon yelled as his eyes began to fill with tears.

Jay chuckled and put his gun away. He grabbed Jiwoo in a different way, so that by now she had no chance at all to escape.  He grabbed some kind of spray from his jacket pocket. "Sleep tight, Sunghoon."

Sunghoon frowned his eyebrows in confusion. "What do you-"

Without Sunghoon being able to finish his sentence, Jay sprayed a spray in Sunghoon's face, causing him to turn dizzy and fall to the ground, unconscious, within seconds.

"SUNGHOON!" Jiwoo squealed loudly. Her voice cracked. "Sunghoon wake up!"

Suddenly, Jiwoo felt a kind of cold cloud in her face. It got into her eyes and she breathed it in. She coughed heavily a few times, because the smell and taste weren't good or healthy at all.

She became dizzy, completely out of nowhere. She could hear Jay laughing faintly, but it sounded like he was standing meters farther from her.

Her vision slowly became blurry and her legs were growing weak. She blinked her eyes slowly a few times before collapsing on her knees.

"See you at the interrogation, Jiwoo," Jay smirked.

After Jay said that, everything went black. Jiwoo fell forward to the ground, unconscious, just like what happened with Sunghoon, who was also laying on the ground seeing nothing.

Why, but then again why does this have to happen on the first day she comes home? Isn't this supposed to be a nice day?  A fun day?

If only she had listened to Jungwon's advice now....

-

Slowly, she saw the light again as faded yellow spots while still having her eyes closed. She heard two boys talking to each other, which made it clear to her that she was awake.

She yawned and stretched herself before sitting upright in bed and opening her eyes. Her mouth fell open when she realized she was in a well-isolated cell.

Quickly she began to breathe faster and it became unsteady. She began to panic. Her eyes filled with tears as she looked around the cell.

The walls were painted white, but yellow from leaks. The window of the cell was dirty, in front of which sat rusted bars. She was lying on a broken bed with unwashed blankets and pillows and the water tap next to her bed was out of order because it was broken from rusting.

"I see you are awake," a voice suddenly spoke, making Jiwoo flinch.

She quickly looked to the side and saw Jay standing in the doorway with handcuffs in his hands. He seemed determined.

Jiwoo swallowed as Jay slowly walked towards her. "There's a visitor for you and no, it's not Sunghoon, because he's still lying unconscious somewhere. After all, it's not your brother either. Hands forward," Jay commanded.

Jiwoo put her hands forward, causing Jay to immediately cuff her hands. She sighed deeply. Who would want to go visit her now?

She didn't want a visitor, she just preferred to be alone for a while at this point.

"Why are you doing this? I'm not a killer," Jiwoo asked.

"Explain that to me and other agents later," Jay said gruffly, taking the handcuffed Jiwoo with him. "We'll see your punishment later."

-

"Jiwoo, are you okay? It looks like you're all tired and exhausted. I'd like to give you a hug after not seeing you for all these years, but this stupid glass between us can't let us have contact, only through those phones. Fortunately, I see you now and-"

"Just stop it, Jake," Jiwoo cut him off in his sentence, annoyed. "I'm really not waiting for this kind of pathetic story. Just tell me you don't want to hang out with me anymore because I'm a murderer, even though I'm not."

Jake, who was sitting on the other side of the thick glass with a phone to his ear, sighed deeply and leaned back in his chair. "I do know you're not a murderer."

"Then why are you here?" Jiwoo asked coldly.

"Because I missed you," Jake said as his voice cracked. He felt genuine pain in his heart because it felt like Jiwoo didn't want to see him.

He still had feelings for her, even after all those three long years that had flown by sluggishly. Even though she looked different now, his feelings did not change and they were never going to change. He felt too strong a love in his heart and that spark just wouldn't go away,

He just wanted to see her again, give her a hug and tell her that he missed her and loved her very much, but it seemed that Jiwoo thought otherwise.

And it hurt his heart, knowing that you childhood friend doesn't want to see you again.

"I'm going to get you out of here, as soon as possible, because I know you're innocent and have nothing to do with this!"

Jiwoo smiled a tiny bit that it could barely be seen. "I'm going to get myself out of this, Jake. I'll be fine. Who knows, maybe I'll be out of here today and be able to hug you again. Just be patient for a little while longer and keep waiting for me.

And... I missed you too."