[ 18 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN
- KISSES AND SPIES -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Boss."

He turned when he was called. He looked at the other man in the doorway and tilted his head slightly. A satisfied smirk appeared on his face as he saw him.

"We found her."

"Good," The boss replied as he chuckled. He grabbed the coffee cup from his table and took a sip of the coffee, "Tell me everything."

"Her name is Yang Jiwoo. She is 18 years old and will be 19 in 5 months. She lives in a small house with her brother just outside the city. Her parents are both busy working in other countries. She works in a cafe in town for money and is in the same school as him. They hang out often and they were watching a movie together last night. She has two best friends, Jake and Eunji."

The boss put his coffee cup on his desk, put his hands in the pockets of his black slacks and walked toward the window, "Interesting," He said as he looked out the window. You could see nothing but busy roads and tall buildings.

The man at the window turned to the man in the doorway and looked at him seriously, "I want you to start pretending to be a student from tomorrow. You go to their school and I'll make sure you specifically get into her class. You become her friend and spend time with her and make sure you spy on what she does to him."

"But I'm 28! I can't just get into that school being a student!" The man in the doorway yelled at his boss in disbelief.

"Then go undercover as a teacher," The boss scoffed.

"But I'm not smart at all!"

The boss rolled his eyes, "You don't have to do anything but show them a video for an hour. Then you just let them go and make sure you spy on those two."

The man in the doorway bowed, "Yes, sir," He immediately left the room and closed the door behind him.

The remaining man in the room rolled his eyes, "It's no big deal."

He looked at the window again, "I'm just doing the best for my son."

-

"Jake!" Jiwoo ran towards Jake when she saw him walking down the hallway. Jake turned around and a smile appeared on his face when he saw Jiwoo.

"Hey!" Jake called out as he pulled Jiwoo into a hug. Jiwoo wrapped her arms around him, "I missed you."

Jiwoo pulled herself out of the hug a little later, "I missed you too! How are you, Jake?"

"I'm fine, and with y-"

"Everyone out of the way!" Yelling interrupted Jake in his sentence.

Everyone in the hallway fell silent, some students even flinched. Both Jiwoo and Jake turned around too, only to see a moody man with a black suit, white blouse and glasses on coming their way. His hair was straightened with hair gel.

Stumping, he walked through the hallways of the school, all eyes on him.

As he walked past the two friends, the grumpy man cast a glance at Jiwoo. Both made eye contact. His eyes seemed investigative. Jiwoo frowned after the strange man finally passed.

She turned herself around to Jake, "Is he a new teacher? If so, he better not be teaching us a lesson!"

Jake shrugged his shoulders in response, "I have no idea, but indeed I certainly hope he doesn't teach us," He replied, "Then we're going to experience hell and get traumas for life."

Jiwoo giggled, "For real!"

"Let's see if he's going to teach us," Jake said as he grabbed Jiwoo's hand and started to drag her along.

Jiwoo was startled and had to quickly adjust her steps to match the speed. Jake who ran a little ahead of her giggled the whole time. Jiwoo giggled along with him a moment later, "Jake! We're going to fall!"

Students throughout the hallway looked at the two. Almost immediately they started whispering to each other. They ran past many groups. Of which 1 group included the two boys and that girl.

Jay, Eunji and none other than Sunghoon...

Sunghoon looked at the two with jealousy in his eyes and crossed his arms. He hated the feeling.

Suddenly Jake tripped over his own foot from the speed they were running. He fell forward, but turned around fast enough to land on his back. He pulled Jiwoo with him to the floor. She landed next to him.

Both turned their heads toward each other and bit their lower lips. Then they immediately shot into laughter.

There they were. Two chaotic, best friends on the floor laughing.

And that right in front of Sunghoon...

Sunghoon rolled his eyes from the clumsiness of the two friends. He walked over to them and stood in front of Jiwoo, "You guys are so but so awkward."

Jiwoo and Jake both looked ahead of them, where they saw Sunghoon standing in front of them. Their laughter vanished faster than light.

"Sunghoon..." Jiwoo stuttered. She chuckled uncomfortably and sat up straight. Jake followed her movements.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes again, "Stand up. You're embarrassing me."

Jiwoo scrunched up her nose as she stood up, "How am I embarrassing YOU? The only one I'm making a fool of is myself. So what are you talking about?" Jiwoo moved closer to Sunghoon and leaned her lips closer to his ear, "Are you jealous of me by any chance?" She whispered with a smirk.

Sunghoon froze, "I'm really not jealous! No brain cell thinks about being jealous," Sunghoon whispered back and then pushed Jiwoo backwards, only to see her smirk.

His heart began to beat faster and faster, both out of jealousy and seeing her with a smirk.

He was indeed jealous...

Suddenly, he took a step forward and cupped Jiwoo's cheeks.

"What the-" Jiwoo was about to curse at him, but quickly took back her words, "Sunghoon! What are you doing?" She whisper-yelled.

Sunghoon sighed deeply, "Just shut up and put your lips on mine," He said before leaning his face closer to Jiwoo.

Jiwoo widened her eyes and froze in place. Her heart was pounding fastly, feeling like it was going to explode any moment, "W-What do you-"

Before Jiwoo could even say what she was about to say, Sunghoon leaned even further forward and pressed his lips on hers, before she could do so.

He kissed her! He was fucking kissing her!

Every student in the hallway who stood to watch it all gasped. People slapped their hands in front of their mouths in shock.

Even Eunji and Jay were shocked. Jay had not, no not not, NEVER expected Sunghoon to ever kiss a girl. Especially not after he kept having it in his head that the agreement had been made between them before.

The agreement to never fall in love again.

Everyone was watching and shocked, his lips still against hers.

She couldn't believe it. Her crush kissing her.

It felt like her heart was riding a rollercoaster right now. Her whole stomach was aching because of the butterflies and the taste of his lips made her go crazy.

This was definitely the best moment in her whole life.

But they didn't know that at the end of the hallway, someone was peeking around the corner with his glasses and immediately taking footage of the moment.

"He's kissing her. I repeat, he's kissing her."

"I hate that girl already..."