[ 9 ]

CHAPTER NINE
- THE LIBRARY -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Walking down the path between two tall and large bookshelves, she looked all around her, searching for the right shelf to put the very last book on.

Sunghoon and she had both split up through the library by now, sorting the books neatly onto the shelf where they belonged. She now had only one book left in her hands, the last one she needed to sort, only she couldn't find the right shelf anywhere.

She sighed deeply. Her legs were getting tired and she didn't feel like it at all anymore. Why did he have to do this to me?

Rubbing her forehead, she looked up slightly, seeing that there was the bookshelf where she should put the last book she had in her hands.

"Finally," Jiwoo said to herself as she stood in front of the correct shelf.

She tiptoed around, trying to reach the shelf. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't manage to put the last book down there.

With a deep sigh, she got back on her flat feet, knowing there was no point in just staying on her toes and trying like crazy to push that book onto that shelf.

Jiwoo looked around her, searching for a stool she might stand on, but unfortunately it was nowhere to be found.

"Jiwoo!" her name was suddenly called. She turned her head to the side, seeing that her best friend Jake was walking towards her with a smile on his face, "Don't you have a class?" He asked when he had arrived at her, who was still standing in front of the bookshelf with that last book in her hands.

"I'm actually supposed to have class," Jiwoo replied as she turned her head back to the bookshelf, "But Sunghoon cancelled it."

Jiwoo stood up on her toes again, still making an attempt to get that stupid book on that shelf.

"Sunghoon?" Jake asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm..." She hummed in response, "Sunghoon, yes."

Jake gulped as he looked at the Jiwoo standing on her toes. Sunghoon... deep down, he was jealous of him. When Sunghoon didn't know her yet, Jake could just talk to Jiwoo without Sunghoon falling into the conversation in the process.

He bit his lower lip and then he took a step forward. He grabbed the book from Jiwoo out of her hands.

Jiwoo was startled by his sudden action and took a few small steps backward, seeing Jake put the book on the shelf instead of her.

"Jake, you didn't have to. I could do it myself and-"

"Too late," Jake interrupted Jiwoo as he turned back to her with a grin on his face.

Jiwoo smiled when she saw his face and a brief giggle left her mouth. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" She asked her best friend a moment later.

"No, I was kicked out," Jake replied.

Jiwoo's eyes widened and her mouth fell open. "How did you manage to do that?"

"I corrected our math teacher, then he got mad," he replied, "I can't help it if he's so stupid."

Jiwoo laughed at what her best friend told her, which made Jake laugh too. Both suddenly got the burst of laughter out of nowhere.

"What's so funny?" a voice suddenly sounded. A low, deep, but also an angry sounding voice.

Jake and Jiwoo's laughter slowly disappeared and both turned their heads towards the direction where the sound came from, seeing that Sunghoon was walking towards them with his arms crossed. He didn't look particularly happy.

Jiwoo gulped when she saw his angry facial expression. "Nothing is funny," she answered him as her head was pulled to the ground like a magnet, "Nothing..."

"You're lying."

"No she's not lying," Jake blended into the conversation, "We both got the burst of laughter out of nowhere."

Sunghoon tilted his head slightly and looked deep into Jake's eyes. "And who do you think you are?"

"I'm Jake Sim, Jiwoo her best friend," he replied.

"Pleased to meet you, Jake Sim," Sunghoon said in a cold and angry tone. It also sounded a shade jealous, "But I'm taking Jiwoo away from you now."

Jiwoo frowned her eyebrows when Sunghoon made that comment. "What-"

Before she could do anything else, Sunghoon took a step forward and grabbed Jiwoo's wrist tightly. Carefully, but also somewhat roughly, he pulled Jiwoo with him.

Jake watched the scene being played in front of him. Jiwoo gave another glance over her shoulder at him and gave him a 'sorry' look before disappearing around the corner with Sunghoon.