[ 58 ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
- SELFISH -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"May you kiss the bride"

Sunghoon must give a kiss to the love of his life, but strangely, it wasn't her.

Jiwoo? Why isn't Jiwoo standing in front of Sunghoon?

Sunghoon looked around the place, seeing a lot of people, including family and others dressed up in suits and dresses. He then looked in front of him again and saw a girl, blonde hair. She looked European.

Who. Is. She?

The boy shook his head, only to see the girl leaning forward for the kiss.

"No!" Sunghoon shouted. "I don't want to kiss the bride. I don't want to marry her! I want to marry Jiwoo!"

"JIWOO!" Sunghoon shouted as he woke up. He sat upright in his bed and looked around, only to find himself in his old room in his grandma's house.

He sighed, glad that he didn't actually marry another woman. It was just a dream. Another dream. A weird dream. A dream that felt real, again.

Again...

Then the realisation hit... He left Jiwoo alone at home. He threw away the ring. He told her he didn't want to marry her anymore.

"Shit," Sunghoon cursed under his breath while running his hands trough his hair. He quickly stood up and ran downstairs.

Sunghoon's grandma, who was sitting in the living room, looked up at hearing loud footsteps coming down the stairs. "You're leaving already, my sweetheart?" She said.

"Yes!" Sunghoon said in a hurry as he quickly put on his coat, his shoes and opened the front door, only to disappear in a few seconds.

Grandma shrugged, confused. He definitely has his reasons...

-

Quickly, he ran down the streets of the neighbourhood. He was panting very loud and his breath hitched. His heart kept beating faster and faster. He was worried.

What if Jiwoo wasn't home anymore. What was he going to do?

His eyes started tearing up, just by the thoughts he hurt her.

He knew she had hurt him many times, but deep down he knew she didn't mean it.

He didn't mean his words like that either, but did she knew he didn't mean it?

Worried. The only thing he felt was worry.

The tears he was holding back finally flowed down his cheeks, which were turning slightly pink. He couldn't hold them back anymore. It almost felt like a relief.

He began to ran faster and faster. A few more steps and he was finally home.

Arriving there, he opened the door and quickly ran inside without taking off his coat and shoes.

He ran into the living room, where he left Jiwoo alone, only to find a kneeling Jungwon and an unconscious Jiwoo laying on the ground.

Jungwon turned around his head. You could see the dry tears on his red cheeks. "What the fuck is wrong with you!" Jungwon shouted, making Sunghoon flinch. "Are you fucking crazy?! What have you done?!"

Sunghoon gulped and shook his head. "I didn't do anything..."

"Don't lie to me." The anger was clearly shown on Jungwon's face. "What have you done to my sister?"

"I just said something stupid and walked away!" Sunghoon answered honestly, but still leaving out the details. "I left but didn't know she would end up like this!"

Jungwon sighed. "Be glad she's still breathing and just fainted. She could've had a heart attack! Realise that!"

"I know! I know!"

"Then why did you leave?"

"Because I am selfish!" Sunghoon screamed, causing Jiwoo to finally wake up.

She groaned and stretched her arms.

Jungwon looked back and supported her with her movements. "Jiwoo, are you okay? How are you feeling?"

Jiwoo blinked slowly and looked up at Jungwon. "W-Wonnie?" She stuttered softly.

The brother smiled as he carrassed her hair. "Yes, it's me," He said calm.

Slowly, Jiwoo sat upright and noticed she was sitting on the floor. "What happened?" She asked clueless.

"You fainted, honey," Jungwon said as he kept stroking her hair. "But you're awake now. How are you doing?"

"I feel fine, just a little dizzy," Jiwoo answered. She looked at her brother, but noticed a faint shadow behind him. Her eyes focused on the shadow, slowly turning more visible.

Jiwoo got scared seeing Sunghoon standing there. She crawled back. "What are you doing here?"

Sunghoon looked away. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he had to face her after an argument.

"You fucking bastard, I ASKED 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?'" Jiwoo repeated, shouting this time.

Jungwon frowned. "Jiwoo, explain what happened before you fainted."

Jiwoo sighed. "We got into an argument, he grabbed my hand, harshly pulled off my ring, causing me to have a wound on my finger now and threw the ring across the room," she answered, tears also forming in her eyes. Everyone ik the room was basically crying. "The window broke and in the end, the ring has a dent in it! It doesn't fit around my finger anymore!

And worse of all, you don't even want to marry me anymore..."

"Wait what?!" Jungwon said confused.

Sunghoon covered his mouth with his hand, trying to mute his sobs. He slowly shook his head. "No... I was wrong."

"It's too late! You're damn selfish!" Jiwoo cried out. "You didn't gave me any chance to explain and left me here. What do you want me to do now? Forgive you? Hah, you wish! Prove that you still want to marry me... Wait, of course you can't, because you're a fucking crazy bastard. You know what... Find another woman you want to marry, because fuck you! I'm leaving."

Jiwoo stood up and walked towards the door. She stopped for a quick second and turned around, just to say one more thing.

"Oh, and if you want me back, prove that you for real want to marry me. I still love you, but if you love me too, you need to try your best."