[ 24 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
- THEORY -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"I am Yang Jungwon, the brother of Yang Jiwoo. I heard that you are my sister's new teacher. She suddenly went missing, do you know anything about where she might be?" Jungwon explained everything to the teacher in front of him.

"Pst, Sunghoon," Jake whispered to the boy next to him as he gave him a small nudge with his elbow, "Look at Mr. Choi's hands."

Sunghoon followed Jake's instructions and looked at the teacher's hands. Sunghoon's mouth fell open in fear and his eyes widened.

His hands were covered with... blood?!

"No, I don't know a thing," Mr. Choi said as he looked up to Jake and Sunghoon, who both were busy staring at his hands. The adult frowned his eyebrows and looked down at his hands.

His eyes widened when he saw that he had not yet cleaned his hands.

He quickly hid his hands behind his back, causing Sunghoon and Jake to look away hurriedly to avoid looking suspicious that they were staring at his hands.

Jungwon didn't notice anything.

"I'll be right back," Jake said urgently and ran away from the two other boys and the adult.

Everyone watched as Jake suddenly ran away from the group out of nowhere. He ran towards the parking lot.

"I have to go too," Mr. Choi said quickly, "Sorry that I was not able to help."

Without even being able to get anyone to answer, the teacher ran into the school, quickly getting away from the boys.

Sunghoon watched as the teacher hurriedly ran away and bit his lower lip. Something wasn't right, but what?

Jungwon, meanwhile, looked at Jake and grabbed Sunghoon's wrist. Sunghoon looked up in fright.

"Let's follow Jake and see where he goes," Jungwon said as he dragged Sunghoon with him again. Sunghoon sighed deeply, he was already out of breath from running to the school. He couldn't handle running again now.

Jake, who had by now arrived at the parking lot, ran up to Mr. Choi's car. He looked through the window, but didn't see anything special. He sighed deeply as he looked down at his feet, but strangely, there was something in front of his feet. Jake bent down and picked up the thing lying in front of his feet.

Jungwon and Sunghoon arrived at Jake's feet. Sunghoon rolled his eyes when they finally stopped running.

"What is it, Jake? Why did you suddenly run away?" Jungwon asked curiously, "And what do you have in your hands?"

Jake looked at the thing in his hands and swallowed, "A phone."

Sunghoon looked up at Jake and his eyes widened. Without asking, Sunghoon snatched the phone from Jake's hands and turned it on. He looked at the background of the phone and saw a picture of Jiwoo, Eunji and Jake in the background together.

He dropped the phone in fear and cupped his hand over his mouth.

Jungwon's mouth fell open when Sunghoon dropped the phone and gave him a punch on his upper arm, "Asshole, why did you drop that phone?!" He yelled at him as he crouched down and picked up the phone. There were a few cracks in the screen.

The phone flashed on and Jungwon could see nothing but the background of the device. He saw a picture of his smaller sister on it. He gasped and understood why Sunghoon dropped the phone out of fear.

Jake secretly glanced at the screen, he was shocked too, "That's Jiwoo's phone..."

Jungwon, who was still crouched on the ground, looked up at Jake, "No shit, Sherlock."

"What's Jiwoo doing her phone next to Mr. Choi's car? After all, it wasn't here a minute ago," Sunghoon said, "Maybe Jiwoo's phone was in his coat pocket and he lost it getting out of the car."

"That's possible," Jungwon replied, "But Mr. Choi didn't appear to know anything when I asked him about Jiwoo."

Sunghoon gulped, "And how did blood get on his hands, then?"

Jungwon froze in place when he heard the word blood, "What do you mean by blood?"

"Maybe Mister Choi took Jiwoo somewhere and had to do it by force," Sunghoon told his theory, "Mister Choi might have kidnapped Jiwoo."

-

"Jay, what do you want to eat?" Eunji asked as she walked towards the kitchen.

Jay, who was still sitting on the couch looked up at his girlfriend, "Surprise me."

Eunji giggled and grabbed different kinds of ingredients to start cooking dinner.

It had become evening and the sun was slowly turning orange and starting to set. It was a beautiful evening and the couple had a wonderful day today. Nothing bothered them and there were no problems.

At least, that's what they thought.

Eunji was peacefully working in the kitchen making dinner for Jay and herself, since Eunji is good at cooking.

Jay got up and walked over to Eunji. The girl looked up when she heard his footsteps and smiled. Jay stood behind her and wrapped his arms around Eunji her smaller body, hugging her from behind.

A red color appeared on Eunji's cheeks.

"Have I already told you how much I love you?" Jay whispered softly in Eunji's ear.

Eunji smiled, "Yes, but I want to hear it from you again."

Jay chuckled and turned Eunji towards him so that their faces were facing each other. Eunji dropped her kitchen utensils she was working with to prepare the food and stared Jay in the eyes.

The boy gently placed his hands on Eunji's waist and stared Eunji in the eyes as well. "I love you with all my heart, Eunji," Jay said as he leaned his face closer to Eunji's, closing his eyes as he did so.

Eunji also closed her eyes and a second later Eunji felt Jay's breath on her lips.

He's about to kiss her.

Suddenly, a sound of the doorbell rang, interrupting the whole tension between the couple. Both in the house were startled and Jay took a step back. "Were you expecting someone?" He asked.

Eunji shook her head and frowned, "Not that I know of."

Eunji walked toward the front door, followed by Jay. She put her hand on the door knob once she arrived at the door.

Without hesitating to open, she pushed the door knob down and opened the door.

"Sunghoon?" Jay said out of surprise.

"Jake and Jungwon?" Eunji her mouth fell open.

Neither Jay nor Eunji had expected these three to show up at Eunji's house.

"What is it? Why are you guys here all of a sudden?" Eunji asked as she leaned her shoulder against the wall.

"Something happened, something urgent," Sunghoon spoke.

"What happened? Is it intense?" Jay asked worriedly.

Jake shrugged, "Well sort of."

"Jiwoo is missing," Jungwon interrupted Jake, "We assume she has been kidnapped."

"Wait, what?!"