[ 27 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
- FOR YOU -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Sunghoon, sweetheart," A woman in the doorway of Sunghoon's bedroom suddenly began.

Sunghoon looked up at the woman in the doorway and saw his grandmother standing there.

His grandmother was now basically babysitting him since he graduated from school, but full-time. Ever since then, he had been sitting depressed at home in his room, either lying on his bed or getting busy at his desk. He had no desire to find a job and go to work like his other friends did.

"What is it, Grandma?" Sunghoon asked tiredly as he tilted his head slightly. He yawned.

"Maybe you should realize that you can no longer live here in this shithole of yours," His grandmother began, "Since you left school, you've been doing nothing but hanging out here in your room. Look at yourself! You look like you were plucked off the street."

Sunghoon sighed and quickly looked the other way. "I know, but I can't just go and do anything now. There are more important things at play," He said sadly.

"Sweetheart, the only thing that matters right now is yourself. You have to learn to take care of yourself, learn to stand up for yourself. You must realize that if you continue to live like this, you will soon have no future," The woman continued and sighed deeply. "I will leave you alone, but please think about what I said. I love you, Hoon."

Sunghoon's grandmother turned and walked out the door of his bedroom. She slammed the door behind her.

The boy who was still in the room turned his head to the mirror and looked at himself.

"Grandma is right," Sunghoon muttered to himself under his breath. "I do indeed look like I was plucked off the street..."

His reflection in the mirror showed himself, his hair all messed up and bags under his eyes. His entire life and health were fucked up and he didn't even realize it himself. He doesn't even know when he last saw the light of day.

Suddenly he had a flashback to a few years ago, how much it was he doesn't know exactly. He's not even fit enough to keep track of the date.

He saw her in the reflection of the mirror. She hugged him from behind and laid her head on his left shoulder. It was the exact same position how he grabbed her when he said he loved her.

That was the reason for how his life is now.

Jiwoo.

If I hadn't left her alone, none of this would have happened. Then I could have saved her. It's my fault she's gone!

Sunghoon angrily slammed his fist into the wall, leaving a small dent. He turned around and leaned his back against the wall. He lowered himself down until he finally landed on the ground and hid his face in his palms. Sunghoon bit his lower lip in stress, fear and guilt.

He only now realized that he had gotten himself into trouble, thrown his own life upside down. Nothing was going to be the same again.

She wouldn't be back. If she was going to come back, she would have been a long time ago.

The police stopped investigating her because they knew it was impossible to find her anyway. She disappeared and was never found. It was also never determined whether she might have died or not.

They don't even have a single cause for her disappearance.

He still thought about her every day. Not a single day could be lived without her.

Sunghoon let a tear roll down his cheek and stood up from the ground. He walked toward his desk, where his phone lay on it, and unlocked it. He opened his gallery and scrolled down through his photos until he finally arrived at her picture.

Her picture.

The picture he had taken in the classroom when she had fallen asleep while she had asked him if they could meet up after school. After she had woken up, it looked like she had experienced an explosion.

Sunghoon chuckled as he looked at the picture and wiped away his tear. "I miss you, Jiwoo. Please come back soon."

He walked toward his bedroom door and sighed deeply before placing his hand on the knob without actually opening the door.

"I'm going to work on myself, for you. I'm going to get a job, for you. I'm going to make sure that when we see each other again that I look good, for you. I'm going to do everything for you. I love you, Jiwoo. I really do," Sunghoon sobbed.

After several times feeling the urge to open the door, he finally did and walked out the door. Surprisingly, his grandmother was still upstairs on the other side of his bedroom door.

"I heard everything you said," His grandmother said as she turned to face her grandson. "Are you going to get a job? Are you going to work on yourself?"

Sunghoon nodded slowly up and down. "Yes."

"Ah, dear!" His grandmother ran squealing up to him, delighted. She cupped his cheeks and gave him a small peck on his forehead. "I'm so proud of you!"

The boy's lips slowly curved into a smile knowing that there was finally someone there for him, helping him in his process, and proud of him.

"Thank you, Grandma," Sunghoon said shyly. "Thank you for your support."

Sunghoon's grandmother spread her arms wide. Sunghoon couldn't help it but run into her arms and hug her tight.

He's so thankful for having her on his side.