[ 26 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
- ONE DAY -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

The alarm clock on the nightstand next to the bed went off. The person in bed slowly woke up, groaned, and turned over on their side and tried to punch out the alarm clock. After several attempts, this was only then successful.

Suddenly the door was slammed open, "Wake up, Yerin!"

"I'm already awake, dickhead!" Yerin yelled back at the person who opened the door as she rubbed her eyes tiredly, "Let me lie down!"

"No," The person said as he walked over to Yerin, grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her up so that she was finally sitting upright in her bed.

The covers fell off Yerin's body down onto her lap, revealing her black, short, tight pajama top.

Yerin didn't know how fast she should lie back down and hide herself under the covers. She sighed deeply.

The person next to her bed was a man, a man she didn't know. His name, his age, everything unknown. All she knew was that he was annoying, always angry and yet maybe a little bit handsome.

Oh well, don't think about how handsome he is, but how annoying he is!

Yerin slapped her own forehead under the sheets to get back to reality.

Suddenly the blanket over her was pulled away, leaving no part of it covering her body. A terrible cold crashed against her body.

Yerin sighed as she rolled her eyes. "Just let me lie here!" She whined.

"Get up, Yerin."

"Argh!" The girl angrily got up from the bed, walked past the man and expressly bumped her shoulder into his. So hard, in fact, that she even made the man stumble backwards and fall onto her bed.

She walked over to her closet, opened it and took out a pair of gray jogging pants with a dark blue hoodie.

She took off her pajama shorts and put on her gray sweatpants instead. Her hoodie she just put on over her top.

"I'm ready," Yerin said as she turned toward the man who was still sitting on her bed and then walked out of the room.

The man on the bed chuckled and rolled his eyes at Yerin's behavior. "What a bitch..."

Yerin, meanwhile, was walking down the stairs towards the lower level and almost immediately entered the kitchen as she stood at the bottom of the stairs and turned the corner on the left. "Ugh, breakfast!" She said soothingly.

She walked toward the kitchen counter, where a basket contained various sandwiches, muffins, donuts and more stood. Quickly she grabbed a donut from the basket and took a bite of it.

The man who woke Yerin up earlier once also arrived in the kitchen, running and panting.

He saw Yerin eating the breakfast he had prepared all for everyone in this house, for Yerin, another man, a girl and himself.

The man rolled his eyes in disbelief and scoffed. "That wasn't to be eaten already, give it here!" He said as he held out his hand to Yerin so she could place the donut in his hands.

Yerin walked over to him, grabbed his wrist and brought his hand up to her face. The man frowned his eyebrows.

The girl brought her face closer to his hand and looked into the man's eyes before her lips formed into a smirk. Immediately after, she spit out the food she was chewing in her mouth onto the man's hand and giggled.

The man's mouth fell open as he gasped and his eyes widened. "Yuck!" He shouted as he threw the chewed food to the ground. "You're disturbed!"

"Disturbed?" Yerin scoffed. "Didn't think so. I'm just doing what you asked me to do," Yerin smirked as she walked away from the man once again.

The man and Yerin are not meant for each other. Ever since Yerin had arrived here in this house three years ago, there has been tremendous hatred between these two. Maybe there is even a little bit of love involved.

They scream at each other and abuse each other; both physically and mentally. But once again, when they have been drinking and getting drunk, they kiss all night. Even though while Yerin doesn't even want to. He basically forces her.

So then in the end there is a love-hate relationship.

But what about Sunghoon?

Yerin has learned to start forgetting about him. She's never going to get out of here anyway. At least, she thinks so. She assumes that this house is going to be her death place, that Sunghoon has long since forgotten about her, and so she has no other choice but to go on with her life and forget about Sunghoon.

Yet she misses him. Still does. Every single day.

She has never forgotten the moment of their first kiss and about how he told her his feelings. The moment he came to see her at work and took her for a late night walk. How he saved her from all the jealous girls in the hallways.

She missed it.

She also still thinks about the moment he had left her in school and 5 minutes later she was beaten up by her own teacher and now ended up here.

It is and remains a strange story.

If he had just stayed by her side, nothing would have happened, she wouldn't have been kidnapped, nor would she have ended up here.

And they would still be together.

Yerin plopped down on the couch sighing. "When can I get out of here?"

The man walked up to Yerin and stood in front of her with his arms crossed. "When you're thirty," He said.

"But that's so long!" Yerin whined as she threw her head back and groaned.

The man bent over a little further, grabbed Yerin by her chin and lifted her head up. "Not if I can entertain you in the meantime," the man grinned as he leaned his head closer to Yerin's.

"Hey love birds!"

A voice interrupted the man's sentence. Both people at the couch looked up to where the sound was coming from and saw the other man and girl staring at them as if they had just witnessed a murder. "How long is this going to take or are we going to eat?"

The man in front of Yerin rolled his eyes and walked over to his friend. "Don't be such a jerk!"

The friend slapped the back of his head. "Let's eat," He suggested and the two of them walked to the dining table.

The girl who was also still in the room walked up to Yerin. "Are you coming too, Yerin?" She asked softly.

Yerin nodded and stood up. The girl walked away, but Yerin stopped her by grabbing her by the wrist and turning her around.

The girl looked up at Yerin feeling curious. "What is it?"

Yerin hissed, "When can I finally know your name?"

"I don't have a name," The girl explained. "Mr. Park removed my complete identity and staged my death. Or while, I'm supposedly no longer alive and not registered with the council."

"Really?" Yerin asked in disbelief as she widened her eyes.

Mr. Park really is a dick!

The girl nodded and hummed in response. "But if you want, call me Yumi. It's my old name." Yumi introduced her old self as she walked to the dining table, leaving Yerin behind.

"Mr. Park, you're a fucking asshole. You're a crazy person and you don't deserve to treat people like that! Especially not girls.

One day I'm going to find you and treat you the same way you treated us.

I'll take revenge. So watch out, Mr. Park."

-

A/N :: the book is slowly getting a whole different genre than the genre in the first part :')