[ 15 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
- THE MORNING SUN -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Jake!" She yelled while putting both of her hands on his shoulders, one on each. His back facing her.

Jake, who flinched, turned himself around, only to see her laughing like a maniac. "You scared me, Jiwoo!" He said as he pouted his lips.

Jiwoo couldn't stop laughing. She slapped his chest playfully as she almost choked because of laughter. "I should've record you getting scared!" Jiwoo spat out, "It was so funny!"

Her best friend rolled his eyes before letting out a small chuckle, "It wasn't that funny, after all."

Jiwoo finally stopped laughing, almost out of breath. She rested her hand on her chest, feeling her heart beating fast. "It was!"

Jake scoffed and let out a small giggle a moment later. "How is it going with you and Sunghoon?"

"Huh?"

"You and Sunghoon."

Jiwoo swallowed. Why did he suddenly asked her about Sunghoon instead of asking something else? Why did he suddenly mention Sunghoon?

"It's going alright I guess..." Jiwoo answered as she looked away from Jake's face, avoiding eye contact with him to not make the situation awkward.

Just as Jiwoo had answered his question, Jake noticed exactly at that moment his eyes were drawn to behind Jiwoo where Sunghoon and Jay were walking up the path just now.

Jake sighed deeply thinking about the fact that she had a crush on him. He hated it so much...

"If things are going alright between you, turn around right now and go talk to him. I'll leave you guys alone and-"

"What do you mean turn around? Don't tell me that-" Jiwoo interrupted Jake in his sentence and slowly turned her head to look over her shoulder.

In the distance of the hallway, Sunghoon walked beside his best friend Jay, chatting with him.

Jiwoo's eyes widened when she saw him and quickly turned her head back to Jake, "Protect me."

"What-" Before Jake had a chance to finish his sentence at all, Jiwoo pushed Jake in front of her and hid herself behind him. Her back leaned into his.

Jake gulped when he felt her back leaning against his. It felt like his stomach was spinning a 360-degree circle. "Jiwoo, what are you-"

"Shhh!" Jiwoo made him shut up, "Talk to me again when Sunghoon is gone."

Jiwoo, who was hidden behind Jake, gasped and closed her eyes tightly. Her heart began to beat faster with tension, hoping not to be noticed by Sunghoon.

Yesterday was awful, awkward and creepy. How he had suddenly pinned her against the door after the arguments between them drove her crazy. Her heart practically skipped a beat.

"Has he left yet?" Jiwoo asked Jake, who she was still leaning against a moment later. Jake remained silent. Jiwoo sighed, "Jake, are you still alive?"

"You told me not to talk to you until Sunghoon left," Jake said as he rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"So he's not gone yet?"

"No and-"

Jake was interrupted by a familiar laugh from a boy. Jiwoo's eyes widened when she heard his laugh and hid her face in her hands, her cheeks turning red. "Don't tell me he's laughing at me right now..." Jiwoo muttered under her breath.