[ 39 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
- THE UNEXPECTED BOY -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Here," Sunghoon said as he extended his arm holding in his hand an ice cream cone with a scoop of mint chocolate ice cream. "Take this."

Jiwoo smiled as a red blush appeared on her cheeks. She accepted the ice cream from him, her favorite flavor, and took a swallow.

Sunghoon giggled and sat down next to her on the park bench. He grabbed her hand, the one she still had free, and rubbed it with his thumb. When Jiwoo took another swallow, Sunghoon turned his head toward her and gave her a little kiss on the cheek. Jiwoo froze.

She bit her bottom lip to hide her smile, but when Sunghoon got up and stood in front of her, only to bend over and give her another kiss on the lips, Jiwoo couldn't do anything but run around smiling like crazy.

He gave her a few more petite pecks on her lips, cheeks, tip of her nose and her forehead.

"Ah, Sunghoon!" Jiwoo whined as she gave him a light nudge on his chest to make him stop. "Everyone sees us."

"So what," Sunghoon said as he placed another kiss on her lips and stuck his tongue out. "Everyone also sees now that we are happy with each other and they be missing a lot in their lives."

Jiwoo scoffed and laughed as a result of Sunghoon's cocky behavior. "You are audacious."

"I know," Sunghoon grinned.

Jiwoo groaned. "You really are unresisting when you act like this!" She nagged as she kicked her little legs.

A moment later after getting no answer from Sunghoon, who was just grinning, she got up from the bench. She turned her self away from him.

"If you don't respond, I'll go away again!" Jiwoo warned.

Still no answer.

Without even responding back to him, Jiwoo decided to take a few steps forward and eventually start walking. She looked over her shoulder and saw Sunghoon chasing her.

She signaled with her eyebrows. "Then catch me if you can!" She shouted teasingly and then started running.

One more time she looked over her shoulder and saw Sunghoon running after her with a wide smile. Jiwoo giggled and quickened her pace.

"Gotcha!"

"AH!" Jiwoo squealed as she suddenly felt arms slide around her waist. Sunghoon grabbed her tightly and lifted her up into the air. They spun a few circles and then put her back on both feet on the ground.

Both of them shot up in laughter.

"You're so fast!" Jiwoo said as she was laughing out loud.

Sunghoon tilted his head and smirked. "Maybe you're just slow."

"Or maybe you're just an asshole..."

Sunghoon fell silent and froze in place when he heard his voice. His eyes widened. He saw him walking behind Jiwoo her back in their direction.

Jiwoo frowned and turned her head to see who had suddenly entered their conversation.

Jay...

"Jay?! What are you doing here? I said I never wanted to see nor speak to you again!" Sunghoon shouted at him.

Jiwoo swallowed. Had something happened between the two of them during that time she was gone?

She looked uncomfortably at both of the boys, her gaze switching to the two. "What's going on?"

"Sunghoon, do you know you're hanging out with a murderer!" Jay yelled at Sunghoon in disbelief. When he arrived at the two others, he pushed Jiwoo hard on her shoulder. Her ice cream fell. "This girl is a murderer! She killed someone yesterday!"

Sunghoon frowned his eyebrows. "I don't know what you're talking about. Jiwoo's not a murderer?"

Jay's mouth fell open. "That's Jiwoo?!"

Jiwoo nodded up and down. "That's me..."

"You're a fucking murderer! How dare you go near Sunghoon! You're wanted by the police en masse!" Jay said angrily. "I bet you'll be killing Sunghoon soon too! And where were you in all those three years? Did you kill all of those boys then as well? Dirty attention whore-"

"Enough!" Sunghoon yelled interrupting Jay as he gave him a hard slap on the cheek. "How dare you talk about Jiwoo like that!"

Jiwoo gasped and slammed her hand over her mouth. Jay, meanwhile, stumbled to the side. He rubbed his hand over his cheek, right over the spot where Sunghoon had hit him, and hissed in pain.

A moment later, Jay shot up in laughter. "I like how your behavior changes when you're with Jiwoo. Just a few days ago, you were sitting with me whining that you wouldn't be achieving anything at all in your life!" Jay laughed.

"Shut up," Jiwoo said emotionlessly. Jay's laughter faded away.

"And why is this murderer interfering?" Jay asked as he bit his lower lip. He grabbed his phone from his jacket pocket. "You know what?" He grinned. "The police are so busy looking for you, let me go call the police and tell them you're here."

Sunghoon's eyes widened. "Don't you dare!"

Jay chuckled and grabbed Jiwoo firmly by her arm, so firmly that she could struggle all she wanted, but she would never get out of his grip. He was too strong.

Jiwoo tried to free herself. "Let go of me!"

"Oh, what are you going to do?" Jay smirked. "Are you going to kill me too?"

Sunghoon took a step forward, but was immediately stopped by Jay who conjured a gun from his pocket and pointed it at Jiwoo her head.

"Don't come any closer, or Jiwoo is going to die... And this time for real."