[ 25 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
- KANG YERIN -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Slowly, she woke up. She hummed briefly and opened her eyes lazily, which took a few blinks. She brought her hands up to her face and rubbed her eyes a few times and yawned, she was still tired.

She sat up straight in the bed she was lying in and looked ahead of her, but strangely saw an unfamiliar world around her. Her eyes widened in fear as she quickly looked around the room.

A completely empty room, there was only one bed in the corner of the room that was suitable for only one person and a nightstand with a lamp on it. The lampshade was old and had dark yellow to almost brown stains on it.

All she knew was that this was not her room and that it was terribly unhygienic in here.

She gasped and began to tremble in fear. She looked down at her hands, which were slowly beginning to sweat. Her vision became blurry as her eyes began to fill with tears.

"Jungwon?!" She called out, hoping he might be there to help her come, but deep down she knew he wouldn't be here, "Sunghoon? Jake? Eunji?"

"They're not here, Jiwoo," a deep male voice suddenly sounded.

Jiwoo was startled and squealed in fear. She quickly looked to where the sound was coming from and saw a man standing by the door of the room in a black suit.

Suddenly she remembered, she had been beaten up by Mr. Choi when the two of them went to his car to get her grade. But, this man is not Mr. Choi at all. In fact, he doesn't even look like him!

"Who are you? And where am I?" Jiwoo asked startled as she crawled backwards in the bed, but her back and head soon bumped into the hard, concrete wall.

The man in the black suit walked up to Jiwoo and sat on the edge of her bed, "I'm Mr. Park and the answer to the last question is.... your new home."

Jiwoo swallowed and looked up at the man as she pulled her knees towards her body and hugged them. "You scare me," Jiwoo said softly. "What do you mean new home?"

"You'll find out," Mr. Park smiled narrowly as he leaned closer to Jiwoo and cupped her left cheek with one hand and rubbed her cheek gently with his thumb.

The girl's lip trembled in fear. This man was scary, terrifying. What did he want from her?

"What am I doing here? What do you want from me?"

Mr. Park chuckled, "Do you want me to explain the whole story to you?" He asked as he pulled his hand back from her cheek to his own body.

Jiwoo slowly nodded up and down a few times and swallowed.

"Sunghoon."

"What?" Jiwoo asked confused. "What about Sunghoon?"

"It's my son."

Silence.

"Park Sunghoon is my son and so I really don't want him to have anything to do with a girl! He should be a strong, mature man and not a pathetic little guy who is going to have a family with a girl later in life," Mr. Park continued. "That's why I eliminate all the girls from him and sometimes I kill them."

Jiwoo gasped name breath when Sunghoon's father used the word kill in his explanation. He kills girls just because they've been around Sunghoon?

Mr. Park watched Jiwoo change her facial expression when he had explained everything to her. He chuckled, "But you have nothing to worry about, Jiwoo. I won't kill you and let you live, but only under certain circumstances."

"What are those circumstances?" The girl asked as she raised her eyebrow.

Mr. Park stared in Jiwoo's eyes, "You will be given a new identity."

"EH?!" Jiwoo spat out through confusion, "A new identity? Why?"

"That's none of your business."

"But I don't want a new identity! I just want to remain the Yang Jiwoo that I am now! If you want to change who I am, then you may leave this room right now and very happily fuck off if you- Ouch!"

Jiwoo was interrupted by a hard slap on her cheek. Her face was still covered in bruises and wounds from being beaten up earlier as well, but the small wound on her lip opened up again from this slap and began to bleed.

Mr. Park looked at her angrily, "Just shut up!"

The girl swallowed as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

"You have no other choice. You get a new indentity or you die. Choose for yourself what you want."

Silence, again.

"That's what I thought," Mr. Park scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

Suddenly Mr. Park grabbed something from the pocket of his suit. Jiwoo crept a little further away from him, thinking he might be carrying a weapon, but the thing the man took from his pocket was nothing but a flat card.

He extended his hand containing the card towards Jiwoo, "This is your new identity. On it is your date of birth, place of birth and your new name. This name you are going to use for the rest of your life."

Jiwoo hesitated whether she wanted to accept the card, but decided to do so anyway. She certainly didn't want to die yet!

She stared at the card. Everything was correct, her date of birth and much more. How did they get this information?

Finally, Jiwoo looked at her new name, "This is-"

"Yang Jiwoo does no longer exist, anymore" Mr. Park interrupted her, "From now on, only Kang Yerin exists."