04. Hugs

After that dinner, it became a frequent occurrence for Mew to have dinner with Bright and Gulf.

He would have dinner with them 3-4 times a week. Sometimes at their house, his house or eating out at restaurants.

Tonight would be one of the rare nights that he wouldn't be having dinner with them.

Besides being Mew's manager, Forth was also the owner of one of the most popular clubs in Bangkok. That club used to be the club frequented by Mew and Forth in their university days. After hearing that the owner could no longer keep the business due to failing health, Forth bought the place.

Today was the club's third anniversary. Therefore, Forth invited Mew. Many of their old university friends and peers were invited as well.

Forth and Mew entered the club after Mew's filming. When they entered the club, Mew felt his adrenaline pumping. Music filled the air without effort, like the waves filling holes in beach sand; the sound rushing in and around every person in the room. Everyone fed off of the smiles and fast dancing.

"You did a great job with this place Forth!" Mew yelled over the music.

"Thank you. Let me get you a drink!" Forth winked, walking off to the bar.

Mew shook his head at his friend's teasing. Spotting a few university friends, he walked over to them. They welcomed him warmly.

Laughter spread across the table. They caught up with each other's lives. Mew was surprised to hear that some were engaged or even married, genuinely congratulating them. Those engaged invited him to their wedding, which he agreed and offered to be the singer at their wedding as well.

Forth came back with a tray of cocktails and bottles of alcohol.

Mew was about to drink his cocktail when he heard someone call out to him.

"Mew!"

Mew knew that voice. And how he wished he didn't know it so well.

He returned his attention to his cocktail. He would need a lot more if she was going to approach him.

Forth wondered why his friend was downing drink after drink at record speed.

When he looked in the direction Mew was looking at earlier, he realised why.

That fucking bitch.

Jamie, Mew's ex-fiance, sauntered to their table. She wore a tight dress, sequins catching the disco light such that it looks like a rainbow vomited on her. Forth wished she stabbed herself with those 12 inch stilettos of hers.

Forth stepped in between Mew and Jamie.

"Get the fuck away from him."

Although Forth didn't show any emotion, his voice was deep and menacing.

Jamie visibly flinched. However, she didn't back down. She stood there defiantly, ignoring Forth's presence.

"Mew, can we talk?" She said in a sickly sweet tone.

"Listen here bitch, I don't hit women but I can bend my rules for you. I will put a fist in your face."

"Mew-" Jamie tried to hold Mew's hand but Mew swatted her hand away.

"You really have a death wish." Forth growled, cracking his knuckles.

Mew placed a hand on Forth's shoulder. "Let's just go Forth."

"But she-"

"Please."

Mew couldn't bear to be in such close proximity with her. He couldn't even bear to be in the same space as her.