07. Brave

Mew woke up, feeling warm.

He felt two tiny arms wrapped around his waist. Bright was splayed on top of him, his head on Mew's chest.

Mew smiled at how Bright has a little drool on his face. Taking a close look at Bright, Bright really is a good looking kid. Long lashes, sharp nose, thick fluffy brown hair, fairly good build for a kid.

He will definitely grow up to be a looker. Mew suddenly felt a surge of protectiveness. He will make sure that Bright doesn't grow up to be a player.

Seeing how the spot behind Bright was empty, Mew wondered where Gulf was. He looked around the room, careful not to move around and wake Bright up.

He saw two bento boxes on the table. Gulf must have helped them pack breakfast from the taverns. The management had arranged for the taverns to provide the whole three meals for the cast and production team while they were at Lipsi, just like a hotel.

His eyes continued to scan the room until they landed on the balcony.

Gulf was leaning against the balcony, looking out at sea. He was dressed in a casual shirt and shorts, unlike what he normally wears eg pants.

Due to the sunlight, it cast a golden glaze on Gulf, making him look ethereal.

The ocean view was gorgeous. But with Gulf in the picture, it made the view even more perfect.

The one who gets to wake up in the morning and see Gulf like this will be so lucky.

Mew felt a thump in his chest when he thought that.

Of course Gulf will end up with someone. Not only does Gulf have wealth and looks, he also has a nice personality. He is caring, kind, observant, patient and a good listener. Numerous people want to be his lover. He was even named the No. 1 Bachelor in Asia this year.

Even though it was expected that Gulf will eventually have a lover, Mew felt uncomfortable.

"Mew, are you ok?"

Gulf had finished his coffee. Walking back into the room, he saw Mew with a troubled expression on his face.

He placed the cup on the table. Walking forward, he placed the back of his palm on Mew's forehead, wondering if Mew was unwell.

Mew looked up at him, startled. Meeting Gulf's honey brown eyes, he averted his gaze. "Ah yeah. I'm fine. Just had a nightmare."

Gulf frowned. He could see clearly that there was something bothering Mew. But he didn't want to press it, in case Mew feels even more uncomfortable.

Once he was sure that Mew was physically well, he stood back up.

"We should wake up this little devil then, before both of your breakfasts gets cold." Gulf smiled.

"Breakfast?" Bright sat up groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Yes, breakfast." Mew chuckled at how adorable Bright looks. Ruffled hair, pyjamas slightly too big.

Bright looked at him with his beautiful blue eyes, his lower lips jutted out in a pout.

Mew melted. He knew Bright wanted something. Bright always used his eyes and pout to his advantage.

Bright opened his arms and waved them, beckoning for Mew to carry him to the washroom.

Mew picked him up, not before tickling Beight and causing Bright to collapse into a fit of giggles.

"Lazy bum." Mew chuckled while he carried Bright. Bright laid his head on Mew's shoulder sleepily.

"But you love me." Bright said confidently.