10. Finally

A few days before they are going back

It was in the middle of the night when the room telephone rang.

Being a light sleeper, Gulf immediately woke up.

Picking up the phone, he was stunned to hear Forth's panicked voice.

"Gulf, get Mew and Bright to the rehabilitation area quick!"

Sensing the urgency in Forth's voice, Gulf knew it wasn't the time to ask questions.

"Got it."

After hanging up, Gulf proceeded to wake up Mew and Bright.

"What is going on?" Mew asked while he wore his shoes. They didn't even have time to change their clothes. Mew helped Bright wear his shoes, Bright's head nodding sleepily.

"Forth called. He said that there is an emergency at the sanctuary." Gulf said.

"Do you know what is it about?" Mew asked. After making sure Bright was safely buckled in the car seat, Mew sat beside Gulf at the front.

"I didn't ask. When I heard Forth's tone, I knew it was urgent. So I didn't want to waste time by asking."

Mew frowned. He could feel that something was very wrong.

A chill ran down Mew's spine.

It can't be Alcina, right?

Dread filled his heart. A growing anxiety built inside of him.

Mew broke out of his reverie when he felt warmth envelope his cold shaky hands.

Gulf was driving with one hand, his other hand holding Mew's clasped hands. His thumb rubbed against the back of Mew's hand comfortingly.

Mew smiled thinly. Letting out a shaky breath, he looked out of the window.

I hope everything will be alright.

-----

"Go ahead. We will catch up with you later." Gulf told Mew.

Mew nodded. He ran up the hill to the rehabilitation area.

Please. Please let Alcina be alright.

Gulf helped Bright out of the car seat, both walking hurriedly to join the rest.

When Mew entered the rehabilitation area, he could see everyone running all over the place.

The rehabilitation staff were rushing to gather various medical equipment. The crew was setting up cameras in the hall and the surgical room.

The crew was not allowed to set up cameras during emergencies. Filming may interfere with the sanctuary being able to move and handle the emergency.

Therefore, for the crew to set up cameras while there was an emergency, it must have been decided by the sanctuary and filming directors.

Mew knew that this emergency must be huge. The footage of this emergency must have been decided as necessary to shed light on the less bright side of rehabilitation.

Forth ran up to Mew, holding a surgical gown and cap.

"Mew! Quickly, don on this surgical gown and microphone. Wear this surgical cap, wash your hands with the disinfectant soap and go to the surgical room."

"What is going on?"

"It is Alcina."

After those words left Forth's mouth, everything was a blur for Mew. He didn't know how he got dressed and everything, but he found himself bursting into the surgical room.