12. Pancakes

It has been one and a half months since the crew left Lipsi. Today is the premiere of Ocean Eyes.

Right now, Mew is sleeping over at Gulf and Bright's house. The father and child wanted to celebrate the premiere with him. But since Mew has to go to the party held after the premiere, the three decided to celebrate the night before. After dinner, Mew stayed over since it was late. It wasn't the first time anyway and he no longer felt embarrassed.

Mew woke up sleepily. He dove his hands under the duvet, only to find it empty and cold.

He pouted, snuggling into his pillow and hugging it. He wanted to wake up to Gulf's kisses and Bright's hug.

He got out of bed, washed up and walked to the closet to put on a shirt and track pants. No point staying in bed if the pair wasn't with him.

Just when he was wondering where Gulf and Bright were, Mew smelled something delicious.

"Dad! Help!"

Thinking something happened to Bright, he quickly ran to the source.

Only to find Bright huddling behind Gulf, Gulf flipping pancakes.

After Gulf finished, he switched off the stove. He placed the pancakes onto a plate and faced his son.

"You little devil. Scared of nothing but pancakes." Gulf teased, pinching Bright's cheeks lightly.

Bright whined in protest, rubbing his now red cheeks. "The way the hot batter nearly splattered onto me is like a meteorite threatening to crash onto Earth! Deadly. Fatal. Catastrophic."

Gulf rolled his eyes at his son's exaggeration. "How are you going to cook for your future partner next time?"

Bright defended himself. "Cooking just hates me! Like come on. How are you so clean while I am a mess!"

Bright gestured to himself and his dad.  Bright's hair had batter, his face streaked with flour, his arms and apron 'decorated' with flour and egg shells.

On the other hand, Gulf was tidy (and sexy in his apron as always but that is besides the point). His hair was styled perfectly, his face and arms were clean, only a few specks of flour on his apron.

Gulf laughed. "Go take a quick shower before Mew wakes up alright? So we can surprise him with breakfast in bed."

Bright pouted but eventually walked out of the kitchen, wanting to quickly shower and help his dad with breakfast.

Just as he walked out, he bumped into Mew.

"P'Mew!"

Hearing Bright, Gulf turned around and was surprised to see Mew. "Babe!"

"Did you hear everything?" Bright asked, dismayed. He wanted to surprise his P'Mew.

"Ah yes buddy. I am sorry." Mew crouched down and gently wiped the flour off Bright's cheek, giving him a peck.

He chuckled at Gulf's sad puppy eyes, pressing a kiss on Gulf's lips that visibly brightened the younger's mood.

"Now let's get you washed up." Mew bopped Bright's nose.

Before they left, Mew stopped to ask. "After that, is it alright if I join you guys to make breakfast?" He rubbed the back of his nape shyly.

Bright and Gulf exchanged glances before looking back at Mew and nodding eagerly.

"Of course!"

-----

Gulf couldnt believe his eyes.