28. Massage

Near midnight

The house was pitch black when Gulf arrived home. He wasn't surprised, considering it was near midnight and way past the children's bedtime.

Despite his tiredness, Gulf wasn't in a hurry to sleep. He took off his tie, letting it hang loose.

It has been a week since the trials. He has been staying in the office overnight so as to clean up the mess left behind by the corrupted board members, weeding out the employees who were under them.

Wine. That's what he needs.

Ever since Gulf entered the business world, he grew interested in wine. There was something about the alcohol that smoothens conversations, yet having a romantic touch. The smells, the depth, the acidity, the notes. Each factor has to complement the other, the complex process making each wine unique. Since then, whenever he travelled overseas, he would buy back a few bottles of their local speciality wines.

Walking along the shelves of the underground wine cellar, Gulf smiled upon noticing a bottle. Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru, from Cote de Nuits, France.

Taking the bottle, he walked back to the kitchen. He missed the times in France. Sunny, great food and beautiful scenery. He made a mental note to visit France with Mew and the kids once everything has settled down.

Rolling up his sleeves, Gulf gingerly popped open the bottle with a cork screw.

He smiled with satisfaction as he took a sip of the liquid from his glass. Perfect.

But he didn't know the moment could get even more perfect.

Footsteps approached the kitchen. Turning around, Gulf nearly dropped his glass.

Mew was dressed in a translucent black kimono, contrasting beautifully against his pale skin. The rope was tied loosely around his waist, the neckline dipping just above his abs.

"Gulf, you are back! The kids are sleeping over at mum and dad's house. Mum created a new gelato recipe, so she wanted to make some for the kids."

As Mew took a wine glass from the cupboard, his kimono rid up his thighs, exposing his milky skin.

Gulf didn't know whether Mew was doing this on purpose or not. It was most probably the latter - Mew is shy and rarely initiates intimate acts. Gulf sat back and enjoyed the view.

As Mew drank the wine, a droplet escaped past his lips, sliding down his neck and disappearing past the low neckline.

"Gulf, after you are done, come to the bedroom." Gulf raised an eyebrow. But they haven't finished the wine. Slowly nodding, Gulf finished his glass, licking his lips. His eyes followed Mew's back till he was out of sight. Storing the rest of the wine in the fridge, Gulf went upstairs.

What could his lover be planning? It took all of his might not to pin Mew to the wall once he entered the room and kiss him senseless. He didn't want to waste whatever Mew prepared for him.

Entering the room, he was pleasantly surprised. Towels and bottles were organised neatly on the bedside table, the bed covered with a different sheet than normal. Aromatic candles flickered, serving as the only light source. The relaxing scent of lavender and bergamot permeated the air.

"What is all this?" Gulf smiled, wishing to smother Mew in kisses. This is so sweet. Mew is so sweet.

"I noticed that you have been stressed lately. So I prepared all this." Mew gave a smile. His eyes shone a little with excitement, yet his gaze wavered, looking unsure.

He did prepare something else as well but that depends on whether Gulf is up for it or not.

Gulf nodded, pleased. "Hmm...you are right about that. Looks like I didn't do such a good job at hiding it huh."