07. Meeting Him

Hi!!
Procrastinating again hahaha....

THANKS for commenting on the last chapter and choosing the ship names for me. :D

The ship names are::
••SimSain for Preet and Hussain got 17 votes.

••ShehMaara for Shehryaar and Asmaara got 21 votes.

I personally liked AsmEhry and HusPreet more (got 4 votes each) but, majority of you liked the other two so, we are sticking to them! :)

But, of course you can call them with any ship names that you like. I don't really mind. LOL I just wanted ship names haha! :P

HappyReading!

~~~ASMAARA'S POV~~~

Bilal was right. I was pretty sick that night that even the doctor put me to a week's bed rest. Having no one to take care of me at home, I decided to go to work after only 4 days of rest until Sam noticed my pale face. It took me ages to convince him that I was doing fine yet; he was not fully convinced. He brought pan cakes for me from the nearby bakery every day to make sure that I was eating properly and taking my medicines. I have never seen anyone taking care of me like that before. Not even my own parents.

Like my normal routine I was cutting the oversized stems of the flowers when I heard the bell. Must be a customer, I thought and kept the scissors aside.

"Amy, could you please wrap these flowers for me?" Mrs Wong called out and I gasped at my sight. In front of me stood, the same guy; Doctor Bilal. Clean shaven and well dressed like last time.

Is he following me? Was the first question that came to my mind and he answered it without me asking.

"I am not following you. It's a small neighbourhood, you see?" he said and cleared his throat.

"Then what are you doing here?" I asked in a rude tone, unintentionally.

"Urm.. Well, you left your phone at my house. I thought that you might call to check," he brought his hand forward and I noticed that my phone was turned on. It was my real phone.

"How dare you turn on my phone?" I snapped at him the moment I snatched it out of his hands and turned it off again.

Bilal cleared his throat again, "Uhm, you're welcome." He said calmly and walked out of the shop, leaving me feeling guilty about my reaction.

"Amy, is this how you talk to someone when you should be thanking them?" Mrs Wong scolded me and forced me to go outside and apologize. I groaned but, even I knew that I needed to apologize; for our last meeting as well.

"Dr. Bilal!" I called out just when he was about to sit in his car. As I approached him, I mentally made a note to myself to be polite. "I... I am sorry," I stuttered.

When was the last time I apologized to someone? I mentally asked myself. When you wrote that sorry message for Shehry, my inner voice replied and my eyes began to sting. I never ended up sending that message to him and it is still somewhere saved in my drafts. Why do I always end up hurting people who care about me? Even to this day I hope that Shehry would have forgiven me. That's one of the thoughts that don't let me sleep at night sometimes. I knew what a heartbreak feels like yet; I broke his heart. I am a pathetic person.

"Well, it is almost lunch time so, would you like to join me?" Bilal's voice brought me back to reality and I raised an eyebrow at him. "I am apologizing here and you are asking me out on a date?"

He chuckled at that question. "It is just a casual lunch. Besides, dates are meant to be romantic and I am not that kind of a person."

"So why would you? I mean-"