14. His Doubt and Her Fear

Hey guys!!

HOLD YOUR BREATH!! A long chapter is here and heaps to take in!!
LoL no.
But, this is a serious one though.. It was written before the book started... Well at least the 2nd half....

-
-
~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

This is insane.

"I can't," I told him simply but, he just wouldn't take no as an answer. "Why not?"

I sighed, "because make up is one word for it and creating a look is something totally different."

"So, you are not willing to help me," Shehry's face dropped and his mumbling was loud enough. Do not give me that cute Wala expression again!

"It's not that I-"

"It's ok. I'll work something out," he shrugged, running a hand through his here and there! Came that expression.

Does he do it on purpose every time?

"Ok fine," I sighed and his head snapped in my direction. "Did you say something?"

"Look don't blame me if it doesn't work out," I warned him and he chuckled. "Don't worry. I trust you with my life."

Really?

Shehry stood up I felt a hollow pit in my stomach. I still don't know if he forgave me or not.

"So, now I am forgiven?" I asked, awkwardly getting off the couch.

He turned around and smiled warmly at me, "I was never upset with you. I understand that we are all individuals. Mujhe ho Gaya pyaar Aur tum hein Nahi hua. No big deal."

With dropped shoulders and smile that couldn't reach his eyes, he still stared into my eyes, trying to convince me. I know that it is a big deal for you, Shehry. The way he handled his cracked voice, even a blind man could tell that it was a big deal.

"Up for another dance?" He asked sheepishly, breaking the silence and I shook my head, 'no.'

"Seriously, is that you signature word ya mujh mein koi kharabi hai?" He asked annoyed and I could help the grin that made its way to my lips.

"Kabhi aram se iska jawab dungi," I smirked, shaking my head, "but, right now I am starving!"

Just when I was finished talking, the lights went out and I flinched. I absentmindedly leaped forward and crashed myself against Shehry's broad frame. He stumbled a little and his body stiffened under my touch. Darkness has alway been my worst fear and now it's nothing less than a nightmare. It freaks me out a lot more that what it used to before.

"Hey- relax. Must be a power cut due to the weather," Shehry softly whispered, holding on to my shoulders.

Shehry turned on his phone's flashlight and helped me to the kitchen. After going through almost all the drawers we finally found some candles. While I sat on the bench top, still trying to calm my breathing down, Shehry tossed some Vegas and noodles in a pan. God bless Rabia for having a gas stove and not an electrical one.

I watched him while he was so engrossed in what he was doing. The flames coming out of the stove, giving his face a special kind of glow. Those sparkly eyes and that smudged smile. I bet he enjoys cooking; damn, he is an amazing cook. I wonder where he learnt it from? His mother maybe. I wish my mom had time for me too.

My parents are unfortunately too busy and ignorant. They are always up to date with parties and business deals but, they don't have a clue about what's happening in their daughter's life. I don't complain anymore because now I do not expect anything from them at all. But, sometimes it feels like I am all by myself even when they are around me; Like while sitting down for dinner.