33. Going Away

Hey!!! :D

I am finally back! Haha :)

How are you guys doing?

Do read the note at the end PLEASE :)

HappyReading!

~~~AISHA's POV~~~

A muffled cry woke me up and I let out a soft yawn. Someone tapped on my shoulder and I blinked, turning to my left.

"He is crying," Atif whispered in his sleepy voice as I turned over to look at my alarm clock. 3:15 AM.

Getting out of the warm bed, I walked to Rishab's room, that was just next door. He was standing against the bars of his new cot. He tied even louder when he saw me and stretched his arms out, as if asking me to pick him up.

"Aww Rishab kyu ro raha hai, hmm?" I asked as I approached him. I got my answer when I held him in my arms and felt something wet.

"Babu ne chi chi kar di?" I chuckled, asking him in a baby voice as I kept him down and pulled his pyjamas off.

I took him inside the attached bathroom and gave him a quick shower. Wrapping a towel around him, I took him outside but, there was no dry spot on his cot where I could put him down.

"Oh ho, ab hum kya karenge? Hum mumma room jayenge," I talked to Rishab as I collected a fresh pair of night suit for him and exited his room.

Atif was already sleeping when I entered my own room and I smiled at him. Sotey hue kitna acha lagta hai- pichley kuch dino main his frowns have been scaring me more than anything else in this world. I went around and kept Rishab down on the bed before changing his clothes. I decided to warm up some milk for him so, I tucked him under the warm covers and got up to leave.

"No shararat ok?" I said to Rishab and he giggled, "I'll be back very soon, hmm."

"It's fajr time," Atif mumbled as he parted his eyelids and I nodded. "Yeah I'll get him some milk and then I'll join you."

"Whatever," he replied curtly and I sighed, shaking me head. "At least you can make sure that he doesn't roll off the bed?" I asked, really hoping for him to agree.

I ran a hand through my hair when I received no reply from Atif and approached him. "Atif?" I called him name, keeping my hand on his shoulder. But, He abruptly got up and left for the washroom.

Stop acting like kids Atif. Please.

~~~ATIF's POV~~~

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Why do I have to be so rude to Aisha? To Rishab? It's not his fault that his family is no more. I am just dreading the day when he will mean the world to Aisha and she will mean nothing to him. I know for sure that he will leave us one day. Why would he want to live with his parents' killer's friends? Well, Waqas didn't exactly kill them but, his driver did. We understand this but, I am sure that Rishab won't.

Aisha isn't stupid but, she is too innocent for this. Rishab is giving her the opportunity to be a mother and she is falling victim to it. I can't be that silly; I can't love this boy and then get hurt at the end. I want to stay practical and strong; I want to be there when Aisha will need me once Rishab will leave us.... Her.

Getting out of the washroom, I pulled out my prayer mat. I heard some shuffling behind me and I turned around to see Rishab rolling. He rolled to the edge and my heart almost missed the beat. Thank Goodness, he stopped and rolled to the centre of the bed again. I sighed and grabbed the cushions from the couch. Placing them firmly around Rishab, I turned to my prayer mat again. I had almost sat down when I sighed and stood up.