22. Magic and Scars

Hey!

Please read the note below.

-
~~~PREET'S POV~~~

"Sorry Sorry- what?" I choked on my buttermilk when Asmaara's words processed inside my head.

"It's a charity Mascaraed Ball, Preet," she sighed from the other end of the phone, "You know how mama's reports came clear? Now she wants to fundraise for the cancer society."

"That's amazing but, she knows what it is, right?" I asked, imagining Asmaara's expressions right now.

"She asked me to participate. What are you even on about?" She groaned and I laughed.

Hussain walked past, behind me, and ruffled my hair. I whacked his arm in response. He howled and I stuck my tongue out at him, making his narrow his eyes at me. I laughed, scrunching my nose and he rolled his eyes.

"Preet, are you listening?" Asmaara's voice caught my attention again and I sighed. I had completely zoned out on our conversation. How rude.

"Uh yeah," I replied, unsure. I stretched my back a little as my lower spine felt quite uneasy.

"So can I count you in?" she asked. I could imagine her smiling right now. "Yeah."

"Great!" she shrieked from the other end, "I have 17 girls now- 3 more to go!" With that said, she disconnected the call.

Wait! What did I just sign up for?

This mascaraed ball is not just a random ball but, more like an auction. One by one, the girls who volunteere, will come forward and the males present, will have to pay to dance with them for the night. The highest bidders win the girls for the night and the money earned is later donated to the chosen charity.

Actually, you know what? I would love to take part in this. Let's see how far Hussain can go to win a dance with me. I am sure that he would never let me dance with any other random guy.

"Kya hua? Akele Akele smiling?" His voice pulled me back from my trance and I giggled.

"Kuch nahi bas tum hein bankrupt karne ka plan banaya hai," I winked and he shook his head. "Chalo, tumhaare liye yeh bhi sahi."

'Ding'

My head snapped to look at my phone and I saw a text from Asmaara.

Asmaara:: Dress Shopping. You better come! Downtown in 1 Hour. :)

Preet:: And I am allowed to bring a date for me and a date for you? :p

Asmaara:: You be my date for today.

Preet:: Shehry's got a great taste you know? He'll help you pick the best dress.

Asmaara:: how about I pick the best dress and surprise him? P.s Have something planned :P

Preet:: geez! FINALLY!!

Asmaara:: yeah! *blush blush* Just two more nights :D

Asmaara:: but you better not tell anyone!

Preet:: lips sealed.

Asmaara:: good :) see you soon! xox

~~~MALVIKA'S POV~~~

"Manik Arora, come back!" I yelled, panting.

This little kid is really something. I have been running after him with a glass of milk for the past twenty minutes and he is running away like he is practicing for a marathon. Where do little kids get this energy from?