Chapter 5

You search through your closet, frantically looking for something to wear for your dinner date. Though you're sure that Loki will love you in anything you wear, you still want to look your best. You eventually decide to go see Pepper about a dress, she will have something. Hopefully in dark green or gold.
"Pepper! Pep, can I talk to you?" You call her upon seeing her. She whips her head around. "Oh, hi Y/N! Yeah, what do you need?" She replies.
"Um, so I'm going out to dinner with Loki, and I need a dress."
"Ooh, Loki! I should have something, come with me."
You nod and follow her. She takes you to her private closet and pulls out a beautiful, sparking gold dress. It's sleeveless with a shimmering bodice, and slim around the waistline. "Oh, Pep, it's absolutely perfect!" You squeal.
"Isn't it? He'll love it. And you can keep it, gold is just not my color."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, of course. I have so many dresses."
You thank her and hug her. You sneak upstairs and try on the dress. It fits you like a glove. You walk into your bathroom and put on rose red lipstick. You accent your eyes with sage green eyeshadow. You finish off your look with a bracelet that was given to you by your parents when you were little, before you were taken by the foster system. "There we go," you say to yourself.
Darling, are you ready?

Yes. I'm coming out.

You open your bedroom door and walk out to a handsome Loki. He's wearing an all black suit and his hair is slicked back. "You...ah," he is left speechless. "You look handsome," you manage to croak out. Loki lifts your hand and kisses it. "Shall we go, darling?" He asks. "We shall." You smile as he takes your arm and you teleport to an upscale restaurant in downtown New York, The Georgina.
Loki opens the door for you. "Quite the gentleman," you smirk. He winks at you, catching the gaze of many women in the immediate area. Husbands better hold on to their wives tonight, Loki.

Ha. Are you actually saying that I am good suitor material?

Maybe. We'll see tonight, shall we?

The host seats you and hands you both menus. "What are these foods?" Loki asks you quizzically. "Loki, I'd say just order something that sounds appealing," you suggest. The host comes back with a glass of wine and takes your order. Loki ends up getting a fancy grilled cheese sandwich with tomato bisque and you get (insert favorite food). "So, why don't we learn a bit more about each other?" You ask.
"I...no. You don't want to learn more about me."
"But I do, Loki. After all, you know basically everything there is to know about me."
"Fine. But we need to go outside, where nobody will scream."
"Scream?"
You look at him puzzled. "Y/N, just...follow me," he says, grabbing your wrist. You get dragged along until you're outside, out at the back of the restaurant. "Alright, Loki. What did you want to show--" you're cut off by your jaw dropping. Loki has turned blue and his eyes have turned a deep red. "Don't look at me. I'm hideous, Y/N," he sniffles.
"Loki, look at me. Don't tell yourself that."
"Why? After all, I am the monster that parents tell their children about at night!"
"Loki enough! Just because you're..."
"A Jotun. A frost giant."
"Yes, that. Just because you're a frost giant doesn't mean I love you any less."
"How? I am unlovable. According to Odin, my birthright was to die!"
Those words pierce your heart. How could someone say that to someone so perfect? "Well, he's wrong. And Odin is simply a shit father," you say, holding out your hand. Loki changes back to his Asgardian form and takes your hand. "Y/N, how did I ever end up with someone like you?" He asks.
"I don't know, Loki. Just lucky I guess."
Loki chuckles and kisses you on the cheek. You blush furiously and feel your cheeks turn hot. "Y/n--Y/n, I love you."
***************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: Hello my lovelies! A double update?! What have you done to deserve this?! Lol, y'all have been so sweet 🧁. Sorry this was a short chapter, I'm trying to make them a bit on the shorter side so you can have more chapters to read! Also...Y/N knows our baby is a FROSTY BOY NOW?!?! And he has confessed his true feelings like she didn't know already?!! THE PLOT THICKENS!!