Chapter 9

Ho-ly frick. Loki had actually just proposed. You sat there with your mouth agape, wanting to reply. "Darling, are you feeling alright? You look rather pale," Loki says, grabbing your shoulders. You feel your chest heave. Your breathes become harder and you start hyperventilating. "Get out of here, all of you!" Loki commands. He holds you tight and starts singing softly in Asgardian. "I'm here, love. I'm here," he says, stroking your hair.
You start sobbing into his chest. "I'm sorry. I wish you hadn't seen that," you choke. Loki looks into your eyes. "You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for, my darling Y/N. I on the other hand, should not have sprung that on you like that--"
"Loki, I would love to marry you. We've been courting for months now, well, once January rolls around make it a year. I'd love to see where our relationship goes."
"You mean it?"
"I do."
Loki kisses you passionately. You feel him slip the engagement ring on your finger and you smile. "Sneaky trickster," you murmur. You see Tony peek his head back in the doorway. "Can we come back in or are you two lovebirds still making out?" He laughs. You glare daggers at him but reply, "Yeah, come back on in." The team comes in and Nat catches a glance of the ring on your finger. Then Clint does. "Damn! Nice rock, Y/N!" He says. You feel yourself blush and hide your hand. Even Steve is happy for you, which you are thankful for. He was the one you were most worried about.
"Alright, everyone, time for dancing!" Tony announces. You look at your watch--its past ten already. Loki helps you off the floor and takes your waist. He pulls you close to where you guys are only inches apart. "It's Been a Long Long Time," starts playing, a classic, Steve claims, and Loki sweeps you along. He smiles a genuine smile, even when Tony turns on "Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer." You scold Tony for the subtle tease, but Loki tells you, "Darling, let it be. As long as I'm here with you I am happy." You smile at him and kiss him on the neck. It's just turning eleven when you feel your eyes getting heavy. "Come on, darling. Off to bed we go," Loki says.
****************
Loki carries you up to your bedroom. He unzips your dress and helps you into your pajamas, which have now become partly Loki's unwanted T-shirts. He sets you down on the bed and lays down next to you, using his magic to change. "Goodnight, my princess," he whispers. You feel him plant a kiss on your forehead. "Mm, night," you murmur. You wrap yourself around Loki's body and tuck your head under his neck like you like to do. It's not long before sleep finds you.
***********
Once again, Sigyndottir, you have come.

Who are you?! I've been seeing you in my dreams for the past year, and not once have you identified yourself!

The proper time will come, Sigyndottir. Now lay your eyes forward.

You try not to look forward as the mysterious voice commands you, but you feel a force hypnotize you to do so. You see once again, Loki bound to a chair, bloody and beaten. "No. I know what happens. Please don't do it." You plead. The voice turns to you. "I like your begging. Do it again," he says.
"Please. Please don't. He's everything to me."
You hear the voice chuckle sadly. "Mercy is something I do not offer lightly, Sigyndottir," he says before plunging the sword into Loki's chest. You scream and run to him like you have done so many times before. "How could you kill him? Do you find pleasure in this?! He has done nothing to you!" You scream.
"Sigyndottir, he owed me a great debt. And that debt had to be repaid with his life."
*************
You wake up screaming and crying. You grab onto Loki who is awake already. "The nightmare again, love?" He asks softly. You nod, not being able to get the words out. He holds you tightly and reassures you, "Love, I promise you, I am not going anywhere. I am not leaving you."
"Loki. I need to ask. Who is Sigyn?"
****************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: The story is getting interesting!! Is our boring little protagonist actually a gOdDeSs??! Lol sorry for the cringe factor. Get ready for more fluff to come, lovelies!!