Chapter 11

A million thoughts start swarming your head. You feel dizzy, and have an iron grip on the table so you don't faint. Loki rushes over. "Hey, hey. Look at me, are you alright?" He asks. You look at Loki and tears fill your eyes. You rest your head on his shoulder and hear him say, "Leave us, please." Loki looks at you and strokes your cheek. "Why did I never know? How did I never know?!" You gasp.
"I can't answer that. There could be something in the library."
"Yeah, yeah. So my mom is Sigyn? A freaking goddess?"
"Apparently so. Let's go to the library where we can talk more, alright darling?"
You nod and wipe the tears away. Loki helps you off the table and wraps his arm around you. "Don't fret, love. Everything is going to be alright," he reassures you. You croak out a, "Yeah," and sniff. Loki walks with you to the library, which is worthy of Mjolnir itself. "Oh, Loki! It's...it's amazing!" You squeal.
"I'm delighted you like it as much as I do. This was my favorite place growing up."
You sit down on one of the couches as Loki pours you and him hot tea. "I'm going to see if I can find anything on your mother, okay?" Loki tells you. You sip your tea and make an approving hum in reply. Loki then disappears behind one of the many bookshelves. He doesn't come out for another twenty minutes before he emerges with a thick tome. "Sorry for the wait, but I found something that I think will help," he says.
"What is it?"
"A collection of histories on the Nine Realms' Kings and Queens. Sigyn should be in here, this is fairly updated."
"Alright."
You both skip to the S section of the book. "There she is," you hold back tears upon seeing an illustration of your mother. Beautiful golden hair, woven together with flowers, with bright blue eyes and fair skin. You read the passage on her--
-The queen Sigyn was queen of Vanaheim for just under five centuries. While she was queen, she had a daughter, not known, who was betrothed to the Asgardian god of mischief Loki. Before celebrating the five hundredth anniversary of her accession to the throne, Sigyn mysteriously disappeared. Citizens of Vanaheim who were alive during her reign strongly believe she was murdered by one of her ladies in waiting who then became queen. Her daughter disappeared shortly after she did, but no evidence has been found that her daughter was ever murdered.-
You cover your mouth and hold back a strong sob. Loki pulls you close. "So that's who I was all these years? A lost daughter? And I was always to be married to you?" You gasp.
"I knew. You were so young when we first met, and I didn't want anything to do with it. But now--"
"You knew about our betrothal? And you didn't tell me?!"
"I couldn't be sure it was you when we saw each other again! After Sigyn died I surely thought you had been killed too!"
"Loki--"
"But somehow I didn't lose all hope. I knew I needed you to be alive."
You wrap his arms around his neck and allow yourself to cry. "Gods, I've cried so many times around you," you pathetically laugh.
"Oh, darling. Don't ever feel like you don't have to hold in your emotions around me."
You nestle your head in his chest and you feel Loki press his hand against yours. "As I recall, Loki, you told me that you would teach me to ride a horse," you smile.
"I did. But first you need to change out of that fancy dress and into something more versatile."
"Alright."
"Great."
"Good," you smile. Loki laughs and picks you up. "And as I recall, I said I would do the thing you found so fun," Loki says. Your eyes widen in delight. Loki starts off in a run through the halls of the palace towards the family wing. You squeal and shout, "This is so! Much! Fun!!" A few maids carrying dirty clothes and other cloths look at you two with confusion, then happiness. Loki and you arrive at his chambers and find it's similarly decorated to how yours is back at the compound, but his has far more books. "Oo, I love your bedroom," you gasp in awe.
"I decorated it myself. The books were picked out by Mother."
"She clearly has good taste."
"I'm glad you think so," Loki replies. "Here, there should be some dresses in the closet, pick one out you like," Loki continues. You look in the closet and find a grey and green casual dress with a hood and built in gloves. "This. I like this one," you decide. Loki waves his hand and you're immediately changed into it. It fits you like a glove, just like all the other clothes he's made for you. "Thank you. For everything," you say.
"And thank you. For giving me a chance."
Loki and you share a kiss before exiting his chambers. You walk out of the palace, not bothering to let anyone know where you're going. Loki assures you, "I've snuck out of the palace so many times they automatically assume that's what's going on." Loki leads you to the horse stables, which is surrounded by a round dusty ring. "Behold, my noble steed Midnight," Loki says dramatically.
"He's very handsome. Assuming it's a he."
"He is. And he likes you, I can tell."
You smile and pet Midnight's muzzle, making the stallion nicker affectionately. "Here, I'll bring him out for you," Loki says. Loki attaches some reins to the horse and leads him out to the ring. "Now, hike your one leg over his back, there you go. Take the reins and sit up straight. Okay, now tap the side of his stomach with your heel, there you go, love."
"Am I doing it right?"
"Yeah! Now just yank the reins to the right a bit softly to direct him."
"Okay...he listened to me!"
"Okay, good. Now try to take him on a loop around the ring."
You try to use a mix of common sense and Loki's instructions to take Midnight on a loop around the ring. "Okay, good. Now when you want him to stop just say "whoa'," Loki says. You softly say, "Whoa!" And the horse comes to a sudden stop. Loki runs up to you and helps you off Midnight. You kiss him on the muzzle and tell him in a sweet voice, "You did great, sweetie!" Loki smiles at you.
"So did you, darling."
"Aww, it was okay for a first time."
"It was great! And I've never seen Midnight trust someone so much!"
"He reminds me of someone."
Loki turns a light shade of pink and looks down at the ground. He leads Midnight back to the paddock and gives him an apple. "Maybe," he says after a moment of silence. You take Loki's hand and walk back with him to the palace. You both notice the sun is beginning to set. "Wow. I doubt Midgard's sunsets can compare to this," you whisper.
"And I doubt that Asgard's sunsets can compare to you."
"Ugh, cheesy. But thank you."
Loki kisses your hand. "Hold onto me, I'm about to give you the sight of your life," he says. You look at him uncertainly but grab onto his chest. Loki floats into the air and then onto a balcony. "We--we flew. We actually flew!" You squeak.
"Y/N, have I never told you I could?"
"I don't recall. And I don't like it that much."
Loki kisses your cheek. Apologies, dove. You both sit down on the balcony and watch the sun set over Asgard. Loki pulls you into his lap and you lean your head back into his chest. "I love you, my princess," Loki says. You hum affectionately. "I love you too."
************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: Hello again! Not much to say, I suppose. However there is a BIG surprise coming later...haha. Have a lovely day m'loves!