Chapter 10

You could see Loki's heart drop into his stomach as soon as you asked that question. "Ah. If I answer that question for you, Thor needs to be present," he replies. You nod, still catching your breath from the nightmare. You both get out of bed and get changed. Loki walks you downstairs and the team is eating breakfast. "Y/N! Loki! Merry Christmas!" Tony says. You just nod and ask, "How hungover is Thor?"
"Coherent, why?"
"Loki and I have some questions that need answering."
"He's in his room, kid."
You nod and take Loki's hand, feeling him stroke your ring. "Does this have anything to do with the nightmares?" Loki asks quietly. "Yes. I keep getting called 'Sigyndottir' and I don't know why," you reply. You arrive to Thor's room and bang on the door. "Yo, Point Break! Open up or we're coming in ourselves!" You shout. Great, Tony's rubbing off on me. You hear Loki hold back a gut laugh. Thor drunkenly opens the door. "Gods, do you ever shower?" You wrinkle your nose upon seeing him.
Thor looks at Loki and then you. "Is there anything I can help you with?" He asks. "Yes, there is actually. Y/N has been having nightmares, and in said nightmares Y/N is being called 'Sigyndottir'," Loki says, getting right to the point. Thor widens his eyes. "We must go to Asgard. Father and Mother will know what to do," he says. You look at Loki. "Y/N, don't worry. We'll get this sorted out," he says to you, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.
"Mm, okay. But first, breakfast."
"Alright. Pancakes?"
"Always."
You stand on your toes to give Loki a kiss. He goes downstairs and makes you pancakes with (favorite topping). However, there's a pit in your stomach. "Love, what's bothering you?" He asks. "Everything. I just...I can't sleep normally and the nightmares..." You struggle to form a complete sentence. Loki understands and holds your head against his chest. "Y/N, I will never leave you. I would burn the entire world down before I would leave you," he says.
"But what if my nightmares are like, a prophecy?"
"My love, that is why we are going to Asgard. My mum was raised by witches, she'll be able to tell."
You nod, feeling a bit more at ease. You devour the pancakes and brush your teeth. Loki hands you a green and gold floor length gown, claiming, "You'll need this for Asgard." It fits you perfectly. Magic, of course. You change into the dress and can't help but admire yourself for a moment in it. Then you remember that you have to go. "Are you decent, love?" You hear Loki call from behind the door.
"Yes, I am ready to go."
Loki opens the door and examines you. "Wow...ah, you look...great," he stutters. "You look...great as well," you manage to get out. Nervous, Y/N? You don't have to be.

Yeah well, you're a god and royalty, and so are your parents. I'm a Midgardian. Your parents might hate me.

Well for all we know you might not be. And they won't hate you, you're amazing.

You roll your eyes and take Loki's hand. He leads you outside where Thor is waiting with Mjolnir *cough JONATHAN cough* in full Asgardian fit. "Now, love, travelling through the Bifrost is not fun if you're not used to it, so just hold on to me," Loki says. You clench onto him and close your eyes as you hear Thor yell, "Heimdall, open the Bifrost!" The next thing you know, you, Loki, and Thor are engulfed in a flash of rainbow light.
A few seconds pass before you arrive in a golden dome. You fall on your butt, feeling dizzy. Loki quickly helps you to your feet. "Welcome to Asgard, your majesties and Lady Y/N," Heimdall says. You're entranced by those golden eyes. You lean against Loki who supports you as you stumble to the beginning of the Rainbow bridge, where two horses are waiting for you. "Do you know how to ride, darling?" He asks.
"I don't. Sorry."
"No need to apologize, I'll teach you."
Loki lifts you onto the front of the black stallion and jumps behind you. He holds the reins with one hand and your waist with the other. You feel yourself blush and rest your head against his chest, relaxing. You ride with him and Thor trough the village to the palace, which towers over the planet. Your jaw drops. "This is where you lived?!" You squeak.
"Yes. Quite overrated if you ask me."
You roll your eyes and laugh.  "Well I think it's beautiful, Loki," you tell him in a mocking tone. The horses arrive at the gates to the palace. Two guards stand at the gates and bow to Thor and Loki. Loki helps you down and keeps you in his grip. "The princes Thor and Loki Odinson wish to see Queen Frigga and King Odin," Thor booms. "Who is this?" One of the guards ask, gesturing to you. Thor looks at you and replies, "Prince Loki's betrothed. She will be seeing the King and Queen as well." The guard nods regally and lets you all in. Thor leads you and Loki to the throne room.
Odin sits atop the gold throne with Gugnir, his magical staff. His wife, Queen Frigga sits next to him. Loki and Thor bow, and you take that as a sign to curtsy. "Rise, my sons and Lady Y/N. What business do you have here?" Odin asks. Thor steps forward and says, "We have reason to believe Lady Y/N may be the lost daughter of Sigyn. We need to speak with Mother for confirmation."
"Sigyn died long ago. As far as I know, she did not have any daughters or sons."
"Father, Lady Y/N has been having nightmares for the past year and in those nightmares she is being called Sigyndottir. This is no coincidence."
"Very well. Let the queen speak to her and assess her."
You look up and see a kind looking woman walk down from the throne. Frigga. She smiles at you and says quietly, "Lady Y/N. My son's betrothed." You blush along with Loki, who looks down. "Come along, my dear. We will assess you in the healers room," she says. You're pulled away from Loki, who looks concerned. I'll be okay, Loki. Don't worry.
You arrive with Frigga to the healers room. She sits you down on a table and asks, "Do you mind showing me your magic?" You look at her confused. "How did you know I have magic?" You ask. "I was raised by witches, dear. I see from more than my eyes," Frigga replies with a knowing smile. You smile back and focus on your magic. A blue mist arises from your hands and you feel stronger. Frigga's eyes widen and she backs away. "Yes, I see now. Stay here!"
You see Frigga rush out of the room in the direction of the throne room. Your suspicious grow larger and are confirmed when Thor, Loki, Frigga, and Odin come in.  "Welcome home, Princess Y/n Sigyndottir."
*****************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: FIRST OFF WE STAN FRIGGA. SHE IS A LITERAL QUEEN. Sorry about that. Odin however can go Splatasha Romanoff a cliff. Again, sorry bout that. But thank you for reading my lovelies and if you enjoyed the chapter please drop a comment!!!