Chapter 22

That evening, as you and Loki eat delivery pizza on the couch, the team arrives back. They're sweaty and bruised, but nothing that requires Loki's healing, thankfully. "There's pizza when you guys are showered and changed," you announce. The team wearily nods and heads upstairs in the elevator, too tired to use the staircase.
As Loki cleans up your dinner, despite your protests ("I could have done it myself!"), you decide to turn on a movie for the two of you. "Pick one out, Loki," you say, holding up a selection of movies. In the stack is High Rise, Kong: Skull Island, The Night Manager, and Crimson Peak. Loki looks intrigued by Skull Island and so you play that one. It stars a man named Samuel Jackson who looks like Fury in your opinion, a woman named Brie Larson, and Tom Hiddleston, the man the cab driver was talking about before. The man who looked suspiciously like Loki. His hair is too short and he's less ripped, you think upon seeing him. Loki, you see is jealous the whole time.
You finish the movie after too long, having to restart the movie every time someone comes in the room. "Oh! Guys, we want to show you something!" You squeal. We do want to show them, right?
Yes, dear.
The team follows you upstairs, via the elevator again and down the hall to the nursery. "Alright cover your eyes everyone!" You giggle. "What is she on about now?" Clint growls. You hear Nat murmur to him, "Shut up, Birdbrain."
"OKAY, everyone. Open 'em up!"
Everyone opens their eyes and you and Loki hear a chorus of gasps. "Wait a minute...why are there two cribs?" Tony asks. Loki facepalms. "Oh my GOD you're having TWINS!!" he screams like a girl. He runs up and hugs you while Thor pats Loki on the back. You can hear him whisper, "Nice work, brother."
"Thor!"
Thor chuckles and you see Bruce in the back. You walk over to him. "Hey, congratulations Y/N," he says. "Thanks Bruce. You're going to be the best uncle. I know all of you guys are going to be the best uncles and aunts," you say softly, keeping a genuine smile on your face. Bruce puts his hands in his pockets. "Thanks, Y/N. That, uh, that really means a lot."
That night, you sit in silence on the balcony. You can't sleep but don't want to wake Loki who's sleeping so peacefully. You place a hand on your stomach and feel the twins. Out in space, a bright star shines bright. Brighter than the others. But...it moves. Moves towards the atmosphere. Odd. I don't think stars are supposed to do that...You can see it firing into Earth. You back away into the room and wake Loki. "Whassu...what's going on?" He wakes up. "Loki, something is firing towards the compound!" You point towards the object hurtling towards the room. His eyes widen and he shoves you into the hallway to safety. You can see him putting up a shield as the others come out to see what's going on. Oh Loki...please be careful.
The Avengers, in full battle outfit form a shield around you. "Kid, I know it's risky but you're gonna have to use your magic to put a shield around you," Tony says. A little wouldn't hurt, I hope...You focus and feel a blue mist erupting from your body. A small forcefield engulfs you and you place a protective hand on your stomach. "Make sure that Loki does not die. That's an order," you command the team. As you say this, the room explodes and your forcefield is destroyed, the protection destroyed. You're thrown back, but a green swirl of magic braces your fall, protecting you from injury. Loki!
You rise from the dust, coughing. You look down, and the twins appear fine from anything you can see. You walk toward where your room was, and find Loki collapsed on the rubble. "Loki!" You scream. You place two fingers on his wrist. There, a pulse. You rest his head on his chest, feeling the ragged rise and fall of his breathing. "Y-Y/N?" Loki groans in pain. You look up and your eyes meet his. Both of your eyes are filled with tears. "Are the twins okay?" He asks.
"They are. At least I think so."
"Good. But you have to hide, he's coming."
"Who, Loki?"
"Araes."
************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: Ooh who is this mysterious Araes? Could this be the mysterious voice? Also pls enjoy a double update as I'm going to be on vacation next week! Love you 3000!!!