Chapter 12

LOKI'S POV
After a while of sitting and watching the sun set, and consequently watching the stars, I find my dear Y/N has fallen asleep. I don't dare move for fear of waking her. She looks peaceful and is still, so perfect in so many ways. I decide to take a risk and kiss her on the forehead. Y/N stirs, but does not wake. Of course, who should then come in but Thor and his stupid friends, whooping and hollering?
Y/N bolts upright at the noise, and I quickly tell her, "Shh, it's alright. It's just my brother and his stupid friends." She looks into my eyes for a second and nods sleepily. Thor comes out with his friends and drunkenly yells, "Ah, brother! Why are you up here alone with your lady friend?!" Honestly, it gives me a headache. Y/N groans and turns away from him.
"You blasted oaf! You and your idiot friends have waken Y/N! Get out of here before I stab you!"
"Loki, don't be a party pooper! Come on and join the celebrations!"
"What is there to celebrate? My fiancee's undoubtedly headache you are giving her?"
"Your engagement, brother!"
I turn my nose up at this. I am not one for parties, that is, unless of course Y/N is there. I would do anything for her. I look down at my lap and see her clenching my chest and trying to drown out Thor. "Y/N, I'm sorry to do this to you, but I need you to get up for a moment, okay, love?" I whisper to her.
"Mm, alright."
She throws herself off my lap and onto the step beside me. I stroke her hand and get up, preparing to face Thor. "I told you to leave us, Thor. We! Are! Trying! To! Have! A! Moment!" I yell, punctuating each word with a dagger flying towards him. Despite my efforts, only two actually stab him. Lady Sif sees and sticks her tongue out at me. "You're no fun, Loki. C'mon Thor, let's go," she says, leading the group away. Finally, they're gone, I hear Y/N think. Her shield is down around her mind, which means she's especially vulnerable. "Y/N, love. Now we can be alone," I say gently.
"Good. I want to be alone with you, and not those witless oafs."
"I see I've rubbed off on you, dove."
"I've learned from the best."
Y/N smiles and leans back against me. How I love her smile. It's as beautiful as the stars and her laugh--it's what enchanted me. I for certain thought Y/N had used her magic on me with her enchanting ways. But I suppose as time went on...I had realized I fell in love. And now she's going to be my wife. My princess.
NORMAL POV
You and Loki both wake up on the balcony overlooking Asgard. "Ah, shoot. Did we fall asleep here?" You chuckle. "Well, you did. I simply stayed here and kept guard," Loki replies. Creep, you think.

Your creep.

Loki smiles and holds you in his lap. "Well, I suppose we should go down to breakfast," you sigh. "Must we? I'd much rather enjoy ourselves before we depart back to Midgard," Loki huffs dramatically.
"Stop it, drama queen. Besides, that'll be our opportunity to say our goodbyes to everyone."
"Oh, alright. But after that we're going," he decides. You hum in agreement and walk inside to get dressed. You pick out a (favorite color) floor length gown and some heels to match, silently blessing that once you get home, you won't have to wear heels anymore. Or the dresses, for that matter, you can go back to wearing hoodies and leggings. You quickly get changed in the en suite bathroom. "Uh, mind helping?" You ask Loki, gesturing to the back.
"Of course. I know those clasps can be a pain."
You smile and allow Loki to clasp your dress. He ties your hair in a neat bun and sneakily kisses the back of your neck. It sends a welcome chill down your spine, even after almost a year of you courting. "Shall we, love?" He gestures for you to take his arm. "We shall," you say, a smile hidden in your voice as you take his arm.
The both of you walk downstairs to the great hall, seeing that the rest of the palace has already begun eating. Frigga and Odin are eating daintily while Thor shoves as much as he can down his throat, much like his warrior friends. You try to hold back an expression of utter disgust. As you and Loki enter the hall, Odin thuds Gugnir against the floor, prompting everyone eating to rise. You both come to a standstill. "My son and Lady Y/N Sigyndottir!" He announces. You wince slightly at the mention of your last name. Odin gestures for everyone to sit.
Loki pulls out a chair for you. He sits down next to you, smiling at your awe and wonder at the feast. "Asgardian mead, my lady?" One of the warriors asks you. He looks like his name would be 'Dasher' or something like that. You quickly shake your head no. "Ah, come on! Have some fun before you go!" The man says. You quickly look to Loki in a moment of desperation. "Fandral," Loki hisses, "she said no, therefore she will not be having any." Fandral seems to back off after that. You squeeze Loki's hand under the table. Thank you. I was kind of--

Starstruck by him? They don't call him Fandral the Dashing for nothing.

You look at Loki with a quizzical expression on your face as you reach for the pancakes. They're not going to be as good as mine, darling.

I know. But we have to pretend.

You roll your eyes dramatically, inciting a chuckle from Loki. And he ends up being right, the pancakes are not as good as his. You fall in love with the exotic fruit juices and jams however. Frigga notices this and smiles. She cranes her neck and says to you, "I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves."
"Thank you, your majesty."
Frigga grins warmly at you. Odin stands and bangs Gugnir. "You may be excused," he booms, dismissing the hall. Luckily you've finished breakfast. Loki helps you up and you walk with him into a more private hallway. "So...are we leaving? I know you wanted to," you bite your lip.
"I would care to. We must announce we are, though, otherwise Odin will have a fit."
"Alright. We can say our goodbyes while we're at it."
Loki nods regally and takes your hand. You note silently that he strokes your ring with his finger. You both walk into the throne room where Odin and Frigga sit on the golden chairs. Loki takes a knee and you follow until Odin says, "Rise. What is your business?" Loki looks visibly nervous. "Lady Y/N and I wish to depart back to Midgard," he says.
"Very well. Is that all?"
"Yes, Father."
Odin nods. Frigga comes down from her seat and places her hands on your shoulders. "Be safe, my dears. I hope you come back to visit us sometime," she says to both of you.
"Of course, your majesty. Asgard is lovely and it really is my home."
Frigga laughs politely and kisses you on the cheek, then moves to Loki. She hugs him tightly. You hear her tell him, "Take care of her, my son." Loki nods and hugs her back. He takes you along but not before you wave goodbye.
You walk along the Rainbow bridge in silence, occasionally looking back at the palace. "Are you alright, my dear?" Loki asks, stopping you. "I'm fine. Just--I have had a lot on my plate," you reply.
"I understand. At least we'll be back in a more relaxing environment, somewhere that you're used to."
"Ah yes, relaxing. Where I have to worry about Nat throwing a knife at me every five minutes."
"Darling, I think I have to be the one to worry about that," Loki retorts. You shrug and wrap your arm around his shoulder. You reach the observatory where Heimdall stands. "Good morning, Prince Loki and Lady Y/N. How may I be of service to you?" He asks. "Open the Bifrost to Midgard, please," Loki asks. Heimdall nods and sticks the huge sword into the Bifrost. "Hold onto me, love," Loki reminds me. You clench onto his chest and close your eyes. Before you know it, you're home.
*************
A/N: Hello hello! Another part up for you lovely people! Just curious, I want to know. What are your favorite color, foods, that kind of stuff? Thank you so much for all the reads and I hope you have the most lovely day!  💚💚