Chapter 25

**3 MONTH TIME SKIP**
Life without Loki wasn't the same. You tried to adjust but couldn't. You couldn't barely eat, couldn't sleep even though Araes was dead and didn't plague your nightmares anymore. Most of all, you missed Loki's touch. His gentle stroke upon your hair, the feel of his lips upon yours. You just wanted him back, and you were willing to do anything.
As the sun sets over the newly rebuilt compound (courtesy of Tony and his titanium alloy suit), you pull on Loki's old cloak and sneak out of the building. You knew where you wanted to go, and you were going there. Nobody was going to stop you either.
As you approach Greenwich Village, you look down at your slip of paper. 177a Bleecker Street. You look up and you're in front of an eclectic looking townhouse. You walk up the front steps and raise your fist to knock on the door, and suddenly you're teleported inside the quirky house. "Welcome, Mrs. Odinson," a man dressed in a blue kimono and a red cape says, staring at you, his voice echoing throughout the house. The mention of Loki's last name pierces your heart harder than one of his daggers. "How--how do you know my name?" You ask warily.
"I know all. Besides, I was at your wedding, remember?"
"Oh, yeah! Strange, right? I heard Thor talking to you."
"Yes, Dr. Strange. How may I be of service to you, Mrs. Odinson?"
"Please, call me Y/N. And I need you to tell me something."
"Of course."
"Loki was recently, um, killed in a battle and I need you to tell me if he's really dead. I know his--"
"History of faking his death. I can look but if he's dead there is no guarantee I can bring him back."
"Wait, you can bring him back?"
"I possess the Time Stone, but I do not meddle with time, Y/N."
You take a deep breath and say, "Check, please." Strange nods and uses his magic to open some sort of TV portal thingies. You can see Loki hiding in a scenic country, somewhere that looks like Norway or Scotland, somewhere dreary yet beautiful. "Is that him?" You ask, your hopes rising. "That is. Would you like me to open a portal for you?" Strange asks.
"Yes, you have to--I mean, yes please."
"Alright. It was a pleasure seeing you again, Y/N."
"And you, Doctor."
Strange nods and opens a portal to where Loki was standing. You can see him overlooking a cliff in the distance. You run to him. He sees you and his mouth drops. "Y/N--" SLAP! You hit him across the face. "Ow! What was that for?" He winces in pain. "That was for faking your death!" You hiss. Your eyes are filling up with tears. "Dearest, I never wanted to do it. I had to save you, otherwise he was going to kill you and the twins," Loki explains. You run a hand over your now swollen stomach.
"Y/N, love. How far are you along now?"
"Eight and a half months. I got here through Doctor Strange's portal."
Loki looks behind him. "I wasn't really thinking when I got here about how to get back," he sighs. "I mean, I could teleport..." He trails off, staring somewhere.You look to where he is looking and you spot a cozy but accommodating cottage overlooking the sea. "Have you been living here for the time?" You ask.
"Yes. I'd think you'd like it. It's perfect for all of us, the twins can share a room."
"Alright...I suppose."
Loki takes your hand and you walk towards the cottage. "Our bedroom is downstairs so don't worry about walking up the stairs," he says, opening the door into the cottage for you. You sit down on the couch in the sitting area and let out a sigh. "Y'know, I should probably text Tony and the team and let them know I'm alive," you decide. Too late. You open your phone and find twenty messages from Tony.
Where are u
Y/N THIS ISN'T FUNNY
DID U GET KIDNAPPED
KID PLS ANSWER ME
I SWEAR IF REINDEER GAMES IS BEHIND THIS I WILL DIG HIM UP AND KILL HIM AGAIN
KID I CAN'T LOSE YOU BECAUSE IF I DO THAT'S ON ME
PLEASE Y/N HELLO
The list goes on and you open the group chat with the Avengers. They're listed in your phone as, Capsicle, Momma Spidey, Metalhead, Hammer Time, Jolly Green Giant, and Birdbrain.
You: Y'all chill I am fine I'm with Loki we're staying in a cottage
Metalhead: KID!! NEXT TIME TELL ME BEFORE YOU RUN OFF WITH YOUR LOVER BOY!
Momma Spidey: Tony, stop. They're married they can do whatever they want.
Hammer Time: Thank Odin you are alright Y/N! Tell my brother I love him!
You: alright alright. Tell Capsicle, Brucie and Hawk boy that I wish them the best.
Metalhead: wait kid, what are you saying??
You: well, Loki is acting like he wants to stay here...and tbh it's kind of nice here. I mean idk but we're still kind of figuring it out.
Metalhead: but we're you're family!!
Metalhead: your, stupid fucking autocorrect.
Capsicle: Language!!
You: yeah, and like I said we're still figuring things out. I'll try to convince him to come back. I'm not leaving until I have the twins.
You shut your phone off and ignore the flood of texts still coming in. Loki is sitting down next to you. "Loki, I've come to a decision," you start.
"Mm?"
"I want to stay here for the birth of the twins, but after that I want to go back to New York. The Avengers are my family, just like you, but I can't live without them."
"I understand. It's remote out here anyway."
"Where are we anyway?"
"Northern Scotland."
You nod and take a deep breath. You've just started reading a novel, leaning against Loki when you feel a tightness in your spine moving to your stomach. "Are you alright?" Loki asks. "Fine, just cramps. Really, really bad cramps," you hiss, doubling over in pain.
"If you'll allow me to interject, darling, I doubt those are simple cramps. I think those are contractions."
***************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: Yeahhh...he ain't dead. What a surprise. Also y'all bout to meet the twins. Yey. Have a great day my dears.