Chapter 24

You try to run towards the rubble that was once the Avengers compound, but Loki stops you. "Y/N, no! If you go back in there, you'll die!" He yells, tears forming. "My family is in there!" You cry.
"Then I will get them out. You need to run, farther away. Do not let Araes get you!"
"Loki, please, don't go in there alone! I've seen what happens--" you feel your breath hitch. Loki takes you by the shoulders and kisses you. "My love, he may be powerful, but they have surely weakened him. I will return," he says. You wrap your arms around him and order, "Return to me, in one piece preferably."
"Always."
You see him run towards the compound, encasing himself in a forcefield of green light. At least he has the forcefield. As he disappears from your line of sight, you pace back and forth.

20 minutes--no Loki.

45 minutes--no Loki.

An hour--no Loki.

That does it. You run towards the compound, your armor magically engulfing you, a metal plate protecting your stomach. You climb over the rubble and then you see it. He's chained to a chair, beaten and bruised. It's not a dream. This is very real. You jump down and land perfectly seeing Loki bound in the smoking red chains from your nightmares. "Please, let this be another nightmare..." (With the Frizz? NO WAY!) You croak out. Loki looks up at you, his mouth gagged with a cloth.
You look around, and Araes is nowhere to be found. "Love, can you use your magic? Anything?" You panic, freeing his mouth. He gasps for air. "No. Araes, the idiot bastard, has enchanted the chains so I cannot use them. The others are out and currently fighting him," Loki gasps, coughing.
"Okay. The twins are fine, but we need to get you out of here."
"I don't want you to use your magic. Just leave me here."
"No, Loki! I'm not leaving you here to be killed!"
Loki sighs. "I swear, this is the last time I will use my magic," you pledge. Loki widens his eyes in concern as you swirl blue mist around the chains. As the chains start cracking, you hear a loud thud. The process is interrupted and you see Araes standing above you. "No..." You trail off. He's holding the same large sword he knocked you out with when you were a child. "Please--please don't..." You choke. Araes smiles murderously and grips the sword tightly. Loki clenches the side of his seat. He looks you in the eyes and smiles sadly at you. "So long, darling," he says. "NO!" You scream as Araes plunges the sword into his gut.
Araes leaves Loki's body on the floor as you stare at it in disbelief. "Sorry, my dear child. But now I must take my leave," he says without emotion. You widen your eyes in fury. "I don't think so," you seethe. Screw the magic. He killed my husband. You make a mist erupt from your body, but this time it isn't blue.
It's blood red.
Araes backs up in terror. "You took everything from me," you growl. Araes is speechless and drops his sword, giving you and the Avengers the perfect opportunity to attack. You tear him apart until he's gone, literally gone out of thin air. However you doubt he's gone for good and keep looking around for him. Thor comes up to you and says, "Y/N, I think he is gone."
"And so is Loki."
***************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: wHaT a sUrPrIsE lOkI iS dEaD!! Or is he?? *Makes mysterious noises* Have a lovely day m'loves!!