Chapter 20

The celebrations have only just begun however. You and Loki take your seats at the bride and groom table. Thor walks over with Mjolnir and places it in your lap, a tradition of blessing the bride with fertility. The feast begins with plenty of music and wine, and Loki gives you sparkling apple juice which looks like wine but isn't.
Soon enough, Thor is drunk as a horse. He moves up onstage for his speech. "W-when I ssaw Lady Y/N, I nnever thought tha' she would be my brother's wife. But here she is and now I'm gonna be an uncle!" He slurs. You turn red and place your head in your hands. Loki pats your back. You're alright, darling.
Tony gets Thor off the stage eventually and music resumes. A lively Asgardian folk song plays and Loki sweeps you up into a dance. You're having so much fun you almost forget about everyone else. The song ends a few minutes later and you see Frigga and Odin coming over. Shit shit shit shit. Loki seems to sense your stress because he strokes your arm. "My dear! Congratulations on everything!" Frigga gleams. You nod nervously and murmur, "Thanks..." Odin shakes your hand and looks at Loki. "Congratulations, my son," he says. Loki's expression drops. He said my son, you hear him think. He did, love. They walk off and talk with the other Avengers.
You and Loki walk over to the cake for the cutting. The cake is beautiful, and you make a mental reminder to thank Tony later for it.
Of course, what cake cutting would be complete without shoving the first slice into your significant others face? When Loki isn't looking, you take the first slice and hold it in your hand. Loki turns around and you shove it in his face, making everyone watching laugh. Loki has a mischievous grin on his face and wipes some of the frosting off onto your nose. After that whole thing, you both take the cloth napkins and wipe the frosting off, and serve the cake to everyone.

Overall, the wedding was a huge hit. Everyone said their congratulations and Loki didn't stab anyone, which was a surprise. After the wedding and the reception was over, you both go upstairs and change into pajamas. You get your phone and play "It's Been a Long Long Time". Loki smiles adoringly at you and takes you by the waist, sweeping you into a slow dance. "The song we fell in love to," you whisper. Loki doesn't say anything but just kisses you deeply. "I love you, my darling," he says after you break the kiss.
"I love you too."
*************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: Not much to say here, just have a lovely day! Also I am updating now since I will not be updating next week due to a vacation, so enjoy a double update my friends!! Love you 3000!!