Chapter 21

***3 MONTH TIME SKIP***
RECAP: You were around five months along now and showing a bit more. The team had banned you from going on any missions when they had found out and had decided to keep Loki as your "babysitter" as Tony so eloquently put it. Now you and Loki were getting ready to find out the gender of your baby, but this you would not keep secret from the team.
You wake up from your nap on the couch. The rest of the team (minus Loki of course) had been on a week long mission, and had called saying that they would be back tonight. They had even taken Peter with them. The first thing you see when your eyes open is Loki in the kitchen, preparing (favorite ice cream flavor) for you. You smile at him and rest your head on the top of the sectional, not making noise.
Loki turns around, and almost drops your bowl when he sees you looking at him. "Oh, sweetheart. I didn't know you were up!" He says. You laugh quietly and grab your bowl from him. He sits down next to you and turns the TV on to (favorite show). You snuggle next to him in your favorite soft blanket as you eat your ice cream. After you're done eating your ice cream, Loki takes your bowl and rinses them out.
You throw on some decent clothes as Loki jingles the car keys. "Ready, dearest?" He asks. You nod and hop in the car. You're both excited to find out the gender of your baby, and you can see that Loki can barely contain his excitement.
You arrive at the doctor's office an hour later. Loki holds your hand as you go in, attracting the stares of the people there. You check in with the receptionist, and she tells you,"You're next, hon." Her mannerisms remind you of Wanda. Wanda. I wonder how they're doing.
I'm sure they're fine, dear.
Your eyes widen and then you remember that Loki can read minds. You haven't done it in a while that you almost forgot. The couple that went in before you comes out, glimmering with happiness. You smile at them and the nurse calls, "Odinson?" That attracts more stares. You and Loki walk back together to the ultrasound room and the nurse sits you down on the bed. "How we doing today?" She asks.
"Very well. We're excited to find out the gender!"
"Yeah, most everyone here is. Keeping it a surprise or you doing something special?"
"No, we're--or really Tony is, throwing a party for us."
The nurse gasps quietly. "Tony, as in Tony Stark?" She asks. You both nod and she the corners of her mouth turn up slightly. She must be a fan. The nurse prepares the gel and rubs it on your stomach. She turns the little TV on and rubs the monitor on your stomach. "Okay...see, there's two healthy little heartbeats. A boy and a girl!" The nurse gleams. Loki's jaw drops. "T-two? As in twins?" He stutters. Your eyes widen and your heartbeat starts to pound in your chest.
"Yes, twins! Congratulations!"
The nurse cleans the gel off and gets everything cleaned up. She leaves the two of you alone and you gasp. "Twins. Two children." Loki says. You nod slowly. "Are you okay?" You ask.
"I'm fine. Just--surprised."
"I am too. But a boy and a girl! We both got our wish! And they're healthy, which is all that matters."
Loki nods, tearing up. He pulls you into a hug and kisses you repeatedly. "Oh, darling. You're going to be the best mother in the world to our son and daughter," he says. "And you're going to be the best father," you whisper.
"I swear, I will not repeat the mistakes that my father made. I will love and cherish my--our--children and tell them every day how much they mean to me."
You wipe tears away from your eyes and kiss Loki on the cheek. "Oh, my love. You really are going to be the best father in the Nine Realms," you laugh. The nurse comes in eventually and checks you out. You drive back and find the team has not yet arrived back. Good. You and Loki retreat to the upper floor and walk down the hallway. You see an room that's not being used, almost the size of you and Loki's quarters. "This would be a good room for the twins...think we should surprise them?" You ask.
"Definitely."
Loki smirks and waves his hand, decorating the room in green and gold with a cartoon snake accent wall. The two cribs are fit for royalty, and there are little toys lining the floor nearly. There's an empty frame on the wall, and you stare at it with confusion. "Oh! Almost forgot!" He says. Loki exhales and waves his hand again. In the picture frame appears you and Loki at your wedding, embracing each other tightly. "So they can always see how much their mama and daddy love each other," he smiles, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. You walk around the room, running your hand on the crib. In just under four months, your twins will be here, sleeping in this room. "I love it, dear."
**************
Edited: 8/16/2022

A/N: OOP, it's twins. Yeah how many of you saw that tWiSt...haha. have a lovely day m'loves!