¿Family?

Opening that front door was probably one of the scariest moment of my life. The room before me had white walls, hard wood floors and a swirling staircase leading to the second story of the house. The walls were decorated with photos, a few armchairs in the middle of the swirl. Sitting and leaning on those armchairs was a group of people. Four men and a woman. One of the men wore a suit and the teenage boys wore jeans and t-shirts with either hoodies or a leather jacket, while the woman wore a blouse and a blazer.

"Guys, we're back." My father says. Immediately, all five heads spin towards us. Three holding bright smiles, one emotionless and one just pure annoyed.

"Oh my god she's grown so much." The woman muttered in an adoring tone.

"Calm down." My father instructed to the woman, and two boys who were bouncing on the balls of their feet. "Now, introduce yourselfs." All their faces falter for a moment before the first one speaks.

"I'm Vito Vitale, your oldest brother, I'm 26." He had gelled brown hair, and bright green eyes. He was tall, very tall compared to me. His face held nothing though. No happiness. No sadness. No annoyance. Just blank.

"Okay! I'm Katrina, your sister, but everyone calls me Rina! I'm 22! And it's so good to have another girl in the house now!" She was practically jumping up and down on excitement. She had black hair, and the same green eyes. She was also tall. At least a few inches more than me.

"I'm Andrea, your second oldest brother. I'm eighteen and you look so adorable." He seems...normal. A little enthusiastic. He's got my brown/red hair, and once again green eyes. He's around 6'2 maybe 6'3.

"I'm Leone, but I prefer Leo. I'm 16, and Luca's twin. It's nice to meet you!" This one has mine and Andrea's hair and our eyes. He's roughly 6ft. He's also a bit enthusiastic.

"I'm Luca, I'm 16." The final one says, with little to no emotion in his voice. He looks exactly like Leone, except his hair is more brown. But one things they all share in common is the tattoos on their arms, they have a least 5 visible ones each. Even my father.

"Um, I'm Liv, I'm 14. It's nice to meet you all." I meekly say. Honestly, how are you meant to introduce yourself to the family you never knew you had.

"Right, Andrea go and show Liviana to her bedroom." My father instructed. With his welcoming smile, he reached out for my hand. But instead I didn't take it, I just followed him. The drop of his smile was only minor, but he still smiled non the less and guided me through the house.

All the walls were painted white, with black archways and doors. On those pristine walls were black framed photos, either one or two and sometimes even all of my family. There was even some photos of some different people, sometimes with my brothers and sister, some men dressed in black suits with my father, and a few with all of them.

"Here we are, we did it up best we could but you can change it if you want to." Opening the door, I was presented with a beautiful giant room. It was painted in white for three walls and the far wall is pastel green. The king-size bed rested at the side with four green pillows and two light grey bedside tables. The lights were cristals that emitted brightness around the room, along with the two large white pained windows that showed the front of the house. There was a grey sofa in the corner of the room, opposite it was a large black flat screen tv mounted on the wall. Next to it was a desk holding a large computer, keyboard and a stack of school books. In the corner was a door that lead to the bathroom, but I haven't seen inside yet. And next to it was a wardrobe, probably so large a quarter of my clothes could fit in there.

"I-I. It's perfect. Thank you." I said, barely able to comprehend that these people would do this for me.

"Of course. Dinner will be soon, I think it'd be best if you got ready." Andrea said. I heard his footsteps move further away, but they stopped momentarily. "Liv, you may not see it yet, but we want you here, all of us do." And with that, he left.