Funerals

I've always hated funerals.

They're so dark and depressing.

Like, death is depressing enough without the added sadness, usually fake when there's a large inheritance up for grabs.

The first funeral I went to was a priest's; ironically,

It had been the one who had baptised my mother despite her not being a practicing catholic. You know; with the divorce and mafia and all.

Then I attended some mafia members who had died from natural causes or otherwise. Usually my mother and dad hated having children at funerals -saying how they were too young- but as the heir to the mafia, I was obligated to attend.

Then I went to the funeral of the majority of my family. While my mother's was a few years before, the other three had their service together.

It seemed right.

But, thanks to Theo, I would not have to attend another funeral any time soon.

"LIV!" I heard a shrill voice shout from the end of the corridor.

Turning to look, I saw Leo and Rina barrelling towards me at full speed.

Leo cupped my face in his hands as he saw my tear stained cheeks, while Rina sat beside me in a side hug.

"It's okay." She whispered as I let out a broken sob.

"It'll all be okay." She continued to coo.

Vito and Gio were talking to the lead surgeon who had just come through the doors when my family arrived in the waiting room.

Luca was sat in the chair next to me, his eyes never leaving my frame. And Andrea was pacing back and forth, however his face held worry and fear.

"Liv, calm down cara." Luca whispered as he finally pulled me in for a hug. Darling

"Liv. It's all okay, he's okay." Vito told me, a soft smile on his face.

"Xavier's okay?" I managed to squeak out.

Everything in my body began to fill with hope.

Desperate to see those dark brown eyes once again.

"He's fine. He'll be awake in a few hours." Vito told me as he wiped the tear falling down my cheek.

"And Theo?" Luca asked after a moment.

"He's recovering fine, they're both in a VIP rooms."

Thank god. I prayed silently in my head.

"The Dr said we can go see Theo now, and that only Liv can see Xavier." Gio told us as he left the doctor.

"Why only Liv?" Rina curiously questioned.

"He put her down as next of kin the day of the mafia ball." Vito answered, giving me a wink while no one was looking,

I'm seventeen!!

I ain't getting married!!

Yet.

"Let's go." I said as I stood up from the chair I had been sat in for the last six hours.

We all took the elevator up to the twelfth floor, stood in comfortable yet tense silence as we did so.

I followed Gio down the corridors, till we reached Theo's room.

There he was.

Sat up in the bed, a little groggy from the drugs, but an ecstatic look still on his face.