Hospital

I woke up the next morning, with a bad feeling.

The feeling where you can anticipate danger and horror that will soon fall before you.

Turns out I had passed out on the sofa last night, popcorn half way out of my mouth, top half hanging off of the sofa with the blanket draped over my torso.

Just by waking up like this, I knew one thing;

Theo didn't get home.

Ever since I was a baby up, if I didn't fall asleep in a bed, he would carry me to a bed and let me sleep there.

His excuse was 'I'm not listening to you talk about back pain'

When in reality it was 'You're gonna be in pain, move.'

To get up, I let my legs follow the top half of my body and slid the rest of the way down the sofa.

I then laid on the floor for about ten minutes.

I'm very lazy when I wake up.

Once I managed to rise from the floor, I stumbled my way upstairs, then got in the shower.

I shaved, washed my hair, and washed my body, leaving me smelling like strawberries and vanilla.

I got dressed in a white cotton cropped jumper, a pair of black skinny jeans and my black converse. I added my rings, apart from the little crown one that I never take off since I was already wearing it.

The crown one is a silver band, in the shape of a little tiara, with diamonds on the curves.

I never take it off.

I then put on my thin silver chain, which holds all the charms I've collected over the years.

As I was about to tie the last braid in my hair, a knock came from the front door.

I tied the last band and then grabbed my little leather backpack. Inside is my book, and a few bits of code I had hand written. And fluffy socks.

Don't ask why I need the fluffy socks, I just do.

I opened the front door with keys in hand, since I was planning on going out anyway.

But I was faced with the same men from yesterday, the one I talked to directly in front of me.

"Ms Mayers, sorry to disturb you but you need to come with us." He says, dressed in a different navy suit and black shirt.

"What? Why?" I asked, glancing around at the four of them.

"We were instructed to bring you to the hospital." He informs me.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Your brother Theo has been injured." The man added.

My whole body froze in fear.

My mind was numb.

And my body was paralysed.