877 days

"This is getting really fucking old!" I just about managed to say, the water flying from my throat and spitting back in my face.

Water boarding

Just a normal day.

"Shut it!" The deep Russian accent yelled as he put the towel back over my face.

And once again, I was inhaling nothing but water.

Dirty water at that.

When they decided our lovely time together was over for the day, he clicked his fingers, and the chains were placed back around my wrists.

Two guards picked me up, and dragged my limp and exhausted body down the halls of the warehouse basement.

All the way at the bottom, is my cell that I share with three others.

Ian, Callie and Xavier.

Ian was kidnapped three months after me. The relief on his face when he rose from the blood soaked concrete floor and saw my frail figure is something I will never forget. Apparently since he's connected to my family and mafia, he's important. Also, his parents are apart of the IRA, so these Russians tried to use him as leverage. 

It only pissed them off.

Callie was taken a week later, from her home. Turns out her father is second in command to my mother's mafia.

My mafia.

When you are born to the Don, you will be initiated into the Italian Mafia at age one. It's a bit like a baptism. And I was taken away when I was eight months old. Meaning I was never fully apart of the French Mafia.

My mother, Maelle, was the only child to her father, the leader of the French Mafia. And he believed women are not fit to rule, so she never saw a reason to stay. But when I was born, he died, and her being the only heir, meant she had to take over.

She left Gio without a word, taking Theo and I with her. But since Theo was already promised to the Italian Mafia, I am the only living heir.

Those men who were following mine and Theo's orders, are apart of the mafia. And since the youngest age to rule is fifteen, he was acting boss while I was still a child.

Now though, I am of age.

Now I just need to get out of this manky ass place with the others and take my mafia.

Callie said that they have been looking for me since the moment Theo called it in. Their loyalty resides to and with me only, and they are doing anything they can to get me back.

But, it's been two years, four months, three weeks and four days.

877 days to be exact.

I'm seventeen now, my birthday came two weeks after I was taken.

My soaking and bloodied body was thrown to the floor.

I felt a pair of soft hands move some of my drenched hair out of my face.

"Liv?" I heard the calm voice of Callie ask.

"Afternoon." I yawned, shaking in my drenched clothes.

"Callie! Is she okay? Please tell me she is okay!" The deep voice of Xavier pleaded.

Ian and Xavier are chained to the wall at the very back of the cell.

It's been like that since they attacked the guards when we tried to escape.

213 days ago.

"She's fine Xavier, just as charming as usual." Callie's eye roll can be heard even in her voice.