Explanations

X A V I E R

Never would I have thought that Giovanni Vitale would die in a hospital. A car crash, shoot out, assassination, deal gone wrong, possibly even some disease from his...female friends.

How wrong I was.

Vito just received the call from Logan, where sobs and shattering glass could be heard in the background. Everyone has been in silence since he broke the news to his siblings.

Rina didn't seem shocked, more confused. Leo was cold faced while he comforted a quietly crying Luca. And Vito made no move at all.

Luca was probably the closest to Giovanni out of all the children. During his life, Luca has suffered with extreme anger issues and unable to understand his emotions; all of which Giovanni helped with. Now that he is gone, he feels lost.

I've been trying to get ahold of Liv for half an hour now, since the plane is beginning to take off, but I haven't gotten through. I ended up receiving a text from Megan telling me she is with Josh.

For that, I am thankful. I trust Josh in the short amount of time I have spent with him. The bond he has with my Liv shows that he thinks of her as another sister, and nothing more. She's safe with him.

"Mr Vitale, the Captain wanted me to inform you that there may be some turbulence." The flight attendant poked her head through the cabin door.

"Thank you Cindy." Vito replied.

Nodding her head, she closed the door behind her retreating figure.

And hour later, the turbulence kicked in far too soon, far too fast.

The plane began shaking, rocking back and forth in the wind. Then the seatbelt lights turned on.

All of us rushed to our leather chairs, strapping ourselves in as the plane turned a 45 degrees angle. Bags of carryons flew around the jet seating area.

All bands grabbed onto whatever furniture they could, trying their best to secure themselves to the chairs.

"Vito what's happening!" Rina screamed through cries of fear.

"Just hold on!" Vito shouted back.

The sounds of blaring alarms echoed through jet, signalling something has gone terribly wrong.

But then...

It was like all the air rushed out of my lungs. Not knowing if this moment would be my last, I opened my phone up, and typed the three words I always wanted to say.

The second I pressed send, I felt the weight of everything come crashing down on me.

The windows cracked upon impact, letting the ocean water come flooding inside. The water pooled at the bottom of the jet, and quickly began to fill up.

On impact, my head bashed against the wall behind me, leaving me dizzy and bleeding.

I felt arms unclip the seatbelt and lift me from my seat, pulling me through the crashing salt water.

I felt the need to hold my breath, which I did without hesitation.

I felt the need to see Liv one last time.

But the desperation for oxygen became too much, and instead of air filling my lungs, water filled it instead.

My head became more dizzy then it originally was. My body became numb, from either the lack of air of the coldness of the water. My body became lazy with no function to move.

Then...

All I had left was the sound of the crashing waves.

And my final heart beat for the girl I loved.