Clear

L I V I A N A

I've been at the hospital for a week now, and not once have I left Xavier's side besides for the bathroom, shower or food. All of which I did at the hospital.

I've talked to almost all of my family so far. Apart from Theo and Vito. Vito because he seemed off about my return and connection to Xavier. And Theo because he feels guilty about what happened.

And while I don't blame him, I can't look at him while I hold onto Xavier's hand.

"Why didn't you come back?" Vito asked quietly from the door of the ICU room.

"It's complicated." I replied, my eyes never leaving Xavier's unconscious form.

"So explain it to me." He says, taking the seat next to me beside Xavier.

"I don't even know where to start..." I trailed off.

The truth is, there's so many events that led up to today, I'm afraid i don't even know what triggered it all.

"How about after you were taken." Vito says, finality in his tone saying I have no way out of this.

Nodding my head, my hand tightening it's grip on Xavier's, I started.

"When I was kidnapped, Xavier was already there. We've spent everyday together since then. Whenever one of us was tortured," I felt the air in the room grow thicker as I confirmed what I assume to be a fear for Vito. "The other would be ready to help and comfort the other. Eventually, we started to develop feelings for one another.

After that, he became my boyfriend despite us being locked in a cell for months.

Since he was a well known assassin before he was taken, he has a lot of connections. Ten days ago we found out the reason you couldn't find me, was because you had a spy for the Russians."

"Alec." Vito states, realisation appearing on his face.

"Yes.

His mother is the sister to the Russian Don. He spent the past two years giving you false leads and wrong information to try and find me.

Xavier's friend who did research on all of his hits found this out, and told us immediately. The second we knew, we devised a plan to get him away from our family before he could strike.

We had been following you all since the mafia ball where Xavier killed Alexi. The moment Alec was standing alone on that road, we saw our chance and we took it.

I then proceeded to torture him for information and then his betrayal to me and my family before he died. Xavier was in bed while I was cleaning the blood off of me when Theo, Logan and Josh ran in."

The both of us sat in silence as Vito registered everything I had told him.

From start to finish, Vito knew what I had spent my time doing.

"How did you kill Alexi? The hotel security prevents no weapons from being brought inside." He finally asked, eyes rising up to meet mine.

"Like i said, Xavier is a well known and powerful assassin. He shot up the hotel room with a sniper from the edge of Washington. We waited for the hooker he hired to leave before killing him and his bodyguard." I told him.